Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My 07 WRX. Modding away.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 2007 O.B.P WRX
My 07 WRX. Modding away.

Just wanted to share my 2007 OBP WRX with you guys. Its my first car so im pretty pumped. I got it a little early, as I don't get my license until May 7th. However, the modding has been coming along quite nice.

Here are the mods so far:
-SPT Cat-Back Exhaust
-SPT Air Intake with Heatshield
-Zero Sports Carbon Fiber Wing Risers
-RavSpec Carbon Fiber V-Limited Lip Replica
-STI Replica Front Strut Bar
-Defi Blue Racer Boost Gauge
-Apexi Turbo Timer
-Momo Shift ****
-Bronze Work Emotion Cr Kai's 18x7.5
-Cobb Accessport V.2 Stage 1

Future Mods:
-Some sort of Downpipe for Stage 2.
-35% Tints

Let me know what you guys think!
Attached Thumbnails My 07 WRX. Modding away.-blahh.jpg   My 07 WRX. Modding away.-img_7803.jpg   My 07 WRX. Modding away.-bahhhsh.jpg   My 07 WRX. Modding away.-bahfsh.jpg  

Last edited by iRace559; 05-22-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
damn you were born in 1990 and you already have these mods and car? Your quite lucky man, enjoy it.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:27 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
I'd rather have the house holy moly!!!

Oh yah nice car and mods for being only 16 y/o =\
Old 03-31-2007, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 02 Black WRX and 07 White A3 S-Line
nice clean look...
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
looks clean..but personally i like it better w/o the wing risers.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 PM

Car Info: murdered out 06 WRX, but now is gone
OBP FTW!!! nice like it man... drive safe .....
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 PM

Yeah I consider myself extremely fortunate and I count my blessings every day. My parents pay for the car, all the mods I have been paying for. Yeah, I still am up in the air with the wing risers. Id love to do an STI trunk swap. In the future, I definitely plan on doing some autocrossing down at Englishtown Raceway Park. Ive been racing motocross there for years.

Last edited by iRace559; 03-31-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Looks good. Enjoy the car and take your time with it. Get used to it's handling and power.
Being your first car and all you'll need to bear with those that will start (sooner or later) to give you crap about it.

In my opinion, the WRX is an awesome first car. Congrats!
mine was a 1984 Dodge Aries.....so you've got one hell of a head start )
Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
nice setup.
all black will look sick!!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Yeah, I know that being young I'm going to get some heat for it. However, I appreciate everything that I have and I'm not stupid. I have a bunch of older friends with modded Evo's and such so Ive already grown out of the Wrx's power, but its one hell of a first car. Most kids around here are rolling in expensive BMW's , Lexus's, Acura's, etc. I was heartset on the STI for years, but my mom diddnt want to hand that over to me at this age, and I cant really blame her from a parents perspective. Although, this stuck up girl that I know thats my age just got a brand new WRB STI, and cant even drive it so its like a kick in the face to me hahaha.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Jumpman23
looks clean..but personally i like it better w/o the wing risers.

me too, it is a huge -1 in my book. its just preference though, and his car still looks tight
Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by iRace559
Yeah, I know that being young I'm going to get some heat for it. However, I appreciate everything that I have and I'm not stupid. I have a bunch of older friends with modded Evo's and such so Ive already grown out of the Wrx's power, but its one hell of a first car. Most kids around here are rolling in expensive BMW's , Lexus's, Acura's, etc. I was heartset on the STI for years, but my mom diddnt want to hand that over to me at this age, and I cant really blame her from a parents perspective. Although, this stuck up girl that I know thats my age just got a brand new WRB STI, and cant even drive it so its like a kick in the face to me hahaha.

you seem cool enough that people wont give you too much **** lol. they may at face value of your situation, but as long as you dont scream that youre 16 to the world most people wont remember

dont make the mistake i made with my first subaru.. its better to go slow and smooth than fast and dangerous. beware of understeer!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:41 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
oh and a quick FYI:

Subarus do not need a turbo timer. The way the water cooling works in the turbos, it will continue to circulate cooler liquid into the turbo until the turbo has cooled down to a certain range.

now if you run your car hard and pull into the garage right away, its always a good idea to let her cool down, but a simple trip to the store will not need that.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
oh and a quick FYI:

Subarus do not need a turbo timer. The way the water cooling works in the turbos, it will continue to circulate cooler liquid into the turbo until the turbo has cooled down to a certain range.

now if you run your car hard and pull into the garage right away, its always a good idea to let her cool down, but a simple trip to the store will not need that.
Yeah I know that. My friend had the same one on his evo and he told me its a good thing to have, so I ordered it and then did some research and realized the Suby's dont really need one. I was going to send it back, but decided to install it anyway. Nothing like a little peace of mind. I only have it set for 30 seconds anyway haha.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by wrxtunerd
you seem cool enough that people wont give you too much **** lol. they may at face value of your situation, but as long as you dont scream that youre 16 to the world most people wont remember

dont make the mistake i made with my first subaru.. its better to go slow and smooth than fast and dangerous. beware of understeer!
Thanks man I appreciate it. Yeah, Ive already found the limits of the cars handling and power. ( Note: I dont just go around all the time driving wrecklessly) I think its a combination of the springs and the not so good stock tires but the car tends to float on the road a little bit when hammering around a bend. I think with wider wheels and some better tires it should help out.

Quick Reply: My 07 WRX. Modding away.