Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Hatteroo's MY01 Version 7 STi

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Conichiwa, i was sent to Okinawa my first year in the Corps. It was cool at first, a total culture shock to me, i remember going out every night for like 3 months straight to the infamous "buy me drink me" bars out in town, coming back hella tired & drunk straight to PT (yeah it was rough but fun). After awhile it got old & i just chilled in my room, visited coworkers in the barracks, or walked around the base. I was stationed all the way up north in the ****ing sticks in Camp Kinser, so it got boring real fast. I remember going to Kadena & eating at the chowhall there, what a big difference from our ****ty ones. That rotating dessert bar blew my mind, & not having to bring your own tray up to the window after you're done eating is sooo nice. Plus the food was waaay better, i'd always beg my friend with a car to go eat there. I've got so many stories about the "Rock" but i was totally ready to come back to the States, you can do everything there pretty quickly, as it being only 17 miles long & 4 miles wide. If you ever do come back here, we should meet up sometime & shoot the military sh*t, reminisce of the good 'ol days huh lol. Well, take car & Semper Fi, sayinara!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Hate you so much! Have you made contact with any of the other i-clubbers over there?
Naw man...The folks I'm aware of that are in Japan are either at sea, at Iwakuni (MCAS in sothern honshu) or in Okinawa.

Originally Posted by huck
I hate you.
Ahhhhh you jelly

Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Conichiwa, i was sent to Okinawa my first year in the Corps. It was cool at first, a total culture shock to me, i remember going out every night for like 3 months straight to the infamous "buy me drink me" bars out in town, coming back hella tired & drunk straight to PT (yeah it was rough but fun). After awhile it got old & i just chilled in my room, visited coworkers in the barracks, or walked around the base. I was stationed all the way up north in the ****ing sticks in Camp Kinser, so it got boring real fast. I remember going to Kadena & eating at the chowhall there, what a big difference from our ****ty ones. That rotating dessert bar blew my mind, & not having to bring your own tray up to the window after you're done eating is sooo nice. Plus the food was waaay better, i'd always beg my friend with a car to go eat there. I've got so many stories about the "Rock" but i was totally ready to come back to the States, you can do everything there pretty quickly, as it being only 17 miles long & 4 miles wide. If you ever do come back here, we should meet up sometime & shoot the military sh*t, reminisce of the good 'ol days huh lol. Well, take car & Semper Fi, sayinara!
haha I dunno what juicy bars you went to, but I didn't know there were many there except outside gate 2 of Kadena at the end there's a row of filipino bars where smitty's is. I'm sure there weren't as many juicy bars as say Korea....damn I hate those places (annoying and a waste of $) I hated Gate2 scene and always went out by the seawall of Kadena since I knew a handful of owners/staff outside of their bars and was friends with them plus it was ALOT MORE chill.

Kadena's chow hall BLOWS. It's all watered down since there's so many folks there and the one here at Yokota puts it to shame! Food actually tastes good and isn't horribly over cooked/dried out. I didn't like Okinawa too much since it was so small and I worked 12-14hr days for the most part of my 2yrs there. I love it here in mainland by far and plan to extend another 2yrs+ here.

Oh and I think you're a little mixed up...Kinser was at the south end near Naha. I forget the northern camps...maybe hansen, schwab, & courtney? There's a few more but theyre more ranges IIRC.

Last edited by Hatteroo; 10-04-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hatteroo
Naw man...The folks I'm aware of that are in Japan are either at sea, at Iwakuni (MCAS in sothern honshu) or in Okinawa.

Ahhhhh you jelly

haha I dunno what juicy bars you went to, but I didn't know there were many there except outside gate 2 of Kadena at the end there's a row of filipino bars where smitty's is. I'm sure there weren't as many juicy bars as say Korea....damn I hate those places (annoying and a waste of $) I hated Gate2 scene and always went out by the seawall of Kadena since I knew a handful of owners/staff outside of their bars and was friends with them plus it was ALOT MORE chill.

Kadena's chow hall BLOWS. It's all watered down since there's so many folks there and the one here at Yokota puts it to shame! Food actually tastes good and isn't horribly over cooked/dried out. I didn't like Okinawa too much since it was so small and I worked 12-14hr days for the most part of my 2yrs there. I love it here in mainland by far and plan to extend another 2yrs+ here.

Oh and I think you're a little mixed up...Kinser was at the south end near Naha. I forget the northern camps...maybe hansen, schwab, & courtney? There's a few more but theyre more ranges IIRC.
Oh sh*t, my bad, it was Hansen (why i got mixed up all of a sudden i don't even know haha). I thought the chow at Kadena was bombass, especially when compared to the worst-Marine Corps chow halls, have you tried them out yet? If not, don't ever, you Airmen are spoiled when it comes to food, trust me. I was there way back in 1994, so it must've changed alot from the sound of it. I remember humping over 12 miles with full gear & weapon from one camp (the northernmost one, i believe Schwab) all the way back to ours (Hansen), boy did that ****ing suck bigtime! I was with 3rd Med Battalion (Naval Unit), only 3 Marines were picked to go work there, me & my buddy were 2 of the lucky ones (yeah right, considering that camp was way up north in the middle of nowhere, just smallass Kinville to **** around in). Camp Kinser is where the majority of supply warehouse clerks (my MOS) ended up at, at least they were close to Naha, the big entertainment city where they can have more fun. I didn't travel Oki that much, didn't have a car (my friend did but he was too ****ing lazy to do anything there) & i was afraid of getting stranded if i took the bus around. Plus, i was hella young & always getting in trouble over there, guess i wasn't ready for all that sh*t. They still have that hotel in the jungle right off the freeway with that bigass King Kong guerrilla on the roof? Man, the ocean water was super clear & warm there too, i absolutely loved it, not so much all those Japanese insiphelitis shots (mosquito disease) lol. Well, as you can see, i can go on & on...i'll save the rest for our hopefully eventual meet, if you ever do get back home man! Later & take it easy flyboy ( i also served 1 year in the Air Force Reserves at Beale AFB as an Aircrew Life Support Apprentice on KC-135 Stratotankers-it was an air refueling squadron, but that's a whole different story my friend haha).
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Oh, i'm pretty sure you've seen the indoctrinating pics for newbies there in Japan, but don't get black syphilis or you're never coming home (you'll be stuck there forever), always use 2 ****ing condoms just to be sure or get familiar with Rosie Palm & here 5 friends lmao!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Damn I never knew Beale had anything other than U2s there. Never knew it had tankers...I worked on the KC-135 T/R at Kadena.

I never heard about the black syph. in japan and some people say it's a myth, but I've definently heard that **** about Korea though!!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 AM

Ok well back on topic for at least 1 post folks...

My plasti dip paint finally came in today so I popped off the vents, hvac/radio trim, cup holder, and coin tray trim pieces prepping them with some rubbing alcohol then proceeded to spraying. Fudged up a little bit on the main vent trim when i tripped over my box that was the staging area for paint and knocked it on the ground. Thankfully this stuff is amazing and it peels right off and you just start over! This sure as hell beats paying 28,000Y(~330$.) for all these real s202 plastic bits. I'll post pictures later. Now I just need that damn red hazard button that I hope the tachikawa dealer has when I go there sunday to pickup a gasket.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 AM

Damn I never knew Beale had anything other than U2s there. Never knew it had tankers...I worked on the KC-135 T/R at Kadena.

I never heard about the black syph. in japan and some people say it's a myth, but I've definently heard that **** about Korea though!!
Yeah my unit moved there right when McClellan in North Highlands shut down as an AF base, it's hella boring up there in Marysville though. What is your MOS again? I wished i'd gone to visit the mainland when i was in Oki, would've been really fun i think. Sh*t, you don't even wanna leave haha. I'm surprised the AF didn't show you the nasty gross pics of that horrible black syphilis right when you got there during orientation, i guess it's meant to scare us service guys from ****ing around there lol. You'd def know if you got it, pray you don't! Be safe man, it's been cool talking & reminiscing to ya!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Yeah my unit moved there right when McClellan in North Highlands shut down as an AF base, it's hella boring up there in Marysville though. What is your MOS again? I wished i'd gone to visit the mainland when i was in Oki, would've been really fun i think. Sh*t, you don't even wanna leave haha. I'm surprised the AF didn't show you the nasty gross pics of that horrible black syphilis right when you got there during orientation, i guess it's meant to scare us service guys from ****ing around there lol. You'd def know if you got it, pray you don't! Be safe man, it's been cool talking & reminiscing to ya!
By trade I'm a 2A553A (comm/nav) on specifically heavies. There's a few of us on this board that have had the same career field as myself. Currently...I'm a mailman working in the post office (special duty assignment) lol.

I'm sure they show those pics when you go to Kunsan or Osan at least
Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 AM

Update...

- Painted my HVAC/Radio & vent grills all black with the plasti dip for the S202/3 look

- Zero/Sports wing risers came in and will be installed tomorrow

- CF fender reflector replacements got installed. Turns out they're just flexible CF appearance vinyl w/3M tape backing. Go figure since I bought them on ebay for $20
Anyone know if or where I could get some CF version or maybe something with a hard plastic backing whenever these deteriorate?

Pics to come sometime in the next day or so...
Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
I'll be in Tokyo January 13th - 23rd if there is anything you need from the Bay Area.

I'd love to live in Tokyo for a while, it's just really hard to live there unless you have an employer sponsoring you, teach english, or are in the military.

Of which I have none of those.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by apetron
I'll be in Tokyo January 13th - 23rd if there is anything you need from the Bay Area.

I'd love to live in Tokyo for a while, it's just really hard to live there unless you have an employer sponsoring you, teach english, or are in the military.

Of which I have none of those.
What part of tokyo? Think of tokyo as a big *** county with alot of smaller cities in it. I actually live in west tokyo about 43km away.

It is really hard and expensive to be here. Probably more so than living in CA I think. I'm definently very fortunate to be here and don't want to leave
Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 AM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
What part of tokyo? Think of tokyo as a big *** county with alot of smaller cities in it. I actually live in west tokyo about 43km away.

It is really hard and expensive to be here. Probably more so than living in CA I think. I'm definently very fortunate to be here and don't want to leave

We typically stay in either Akasaka or the Ginza (we have two hotels that we frequent that are nice, decent sized rooms, and not terribly expensive)

We are pretty mobile, so we'll trek all sorts of places. I know we are going to be heading out to Mitaka this trip, and the Nakano area to visit friends.

Where are you in Tokyo?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
I think I liked your older WRX better than this one.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
im jelly
Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by apetron
We typically stay in either Akasaka or the Ginza (we have two hotels that we frequent that are nice, decent sized rooms, and not terribly expensive)

We are pretty mobile, so we'll trek all sorts of places. I know we are going to be heading out to Mitaka this trip, and the Nakano area to visit friends.

Where are you in Tokyo?
Fussa-shi
Originally Posted by sirhankwilliams
I think I liked your older WRX better than this one.
My 98RS? 95 wrx? 95 sti type ra? lol I've had a few

Quick Reply: Hatteroo's MY01 Version 7 STi