Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

grambo's STI

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 AM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Got a super rare piece showing up today. I'll post pics after the install.

Dang dude, I have not been up that way in a while. I was at Infineon last weekend but that is still hella far from your place.

Mmmmmmm Thai Food sounds killer for breakfast.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by grambo
Mmmmmmm Thai Food sounds killer for breakfast.
This used to be me when my wife wanted to go eat Thai food for breakfast

Now it's been so many years, I don't NEED to have an American breakfast of eggs, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, etc (although I still do 95% of the time). Now I can have crazy spicy foods for my first meal of the day, and enjoy it. It still feels a little weird though, but I don't get sick seeing "non-breakfasty" food in front of me at breakfast.

Yeah Sear's Point is about 35-40 minutes SE of Santa Rosa, so it'd require you drive even further from home before actually going back home. Only makes sense if you're making a trip to Ukiah, the coast, or to the Guernville area for the river since all of these let you take hwy 12 E back through Santa Rosa to Sonoma, etc.

Definitely post pics of your latest goods. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's one of those nice Prova steering wheels, and that you're ready to sell me your current set.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by vodka
This used to be me when my wife wanted to go eat Thai food for breakfast

Now it's been so many years, I don't NEED to have an American breakfast of eggs, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, etc (although I still do 95% of the time). Now I can have crazy spicy foods for my first meal of the day, and enjoy it. It still feels a little weird though, but I don't get sick seeing "non-breakfasty" food in front of me at breakfast.

Yeah Sear's Point is about 35-40 minutes SE of Santa Rosa, so it'd require you drive even further from home before actually going back home. Only makes sense if you're making a trip to Ukiah, the coast, or to the Guernville area for the river since all of these let you take hwy 12 E back through Santa Rosa to Sonoma, etc.

Definitely post pics of your latest goods. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's one of those nice Prova steering wheels, and that you're ready to sell me your current set.
I think I've mentioned before that we have family in Santa Rosa and Monte Rio. I need to remember to stop in when we visit. That'd be awesome.

No Prova wheel. I'm not too hip on those new ones for the GR. If anything, I may go with a simple Works Bell/ Personal setup at some point when I need money. The orange wheel was about 4x what a Personal costs.

And yes, I will eat whatever is within reach for breakfast. Sushi, Thai, a burger, leftovers, whatever....lolz
Old 03-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Where did you get that Airbox, that thing is dope! But I cant find a supplier online
Old 03-24-2010, 02:57 PM

Garagespec

Talk to Ed or John. You'll need to purchase a HKS Reloaded Intake to mate up with it. It also requires some trimming so if you don't have a Dremel, you'll need one too.

Oh and thanks! Love my baller box!
Old 03-24-2010, 05:44 PM

I think I've mentioned before that we have family in Santa Rosa and Monte Rio. I need to remember to stop in when we visit. That'd be awesome.

No Prova wheel. I'm not too hip on those new ones for the GR. If anything, I may go with a simple Works Bell/ Personal setup at some point when I need money. The orange wheel was about 4x what a Personal costs.

And yes, I will eat whatever is within reach for breakfast. Sushi, Thai, a burger, leftovers, whatever....lolz
Yeah, I remember you mentioning Monte Rio which is why I mentioned "the river" as a reason for you to stop by .

I don't blame you on the Prova wheel. It's clean, but not "aftermarket"-enough (if that makes ANY sense at all) to warrant it's price, IMHO. I like Key!s wheels, and Personal. There's actually a nice Key!s wheel for sale by a Bay Area i-Club member that's in top condition. I was eyeballing it for a minute, but still couldn't bring myself to buy anything but the set you have, so I continue to wait. It's strange really, as the whole set isn't anything special other than it's rarity due to crazy limited production. Like you said, Personal makes really nice wheels but doesn't force you to buy them as a part of a set of parts . I think it's just a love it or could care less thing, since orange is far from the popularity of black, red, or blue for interior trim/upholstery/etc.

Still awaiting pics of new baller hotness........
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM

I love that are up there. If all the meth-heads went away I'd move there. lolz

Yeah, I saw that Key's wheel. Its nice and its a fair price. I'd go with a Personal Grinta Suede in a minute. They are SO comfy to drive with, especially with gloves on.
Baller hotness posted on my Journal on IWSTI. ;]

Originally Posted by vodka
Yeah, I remember you mentioning Monte Rio which is why I mentioned "the river" as a reason for you to stop by .

I don't blame you on the Prova wheel. It's clean, but not "aftermarket"-enough (if that makes ANY sense at all) to warrant it's price, IMHO. I like Key!s wheels, and Personal. There's actually a nice Key!s wheel for sale by a Bay Area i-Club member that's in top condition. I was eyeballing it for a minute, but still couldn't bring myself to buy anything but the set you have, so I continue to wait. It's strange really, as the whole set isn't anything special other than it's rarity due to crazy limited production. Like you said, Personal makes really nice wheels but doesn't force you to buy them as a part of a set of parts . I think it's just a love it or could care less thing, since orange is far from the popularity of black, red, or blue for interior trim/upholstery/etc.

Still awaiting pics of new baller hotness........
Old 03-25-2010, 11:46 AM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Garagespec

Talk to Ed or John. You'll need to purchase a HKS Reloaded Intake to mate up with it. It also requires some trimming so if you don't have a Dremel, you'll need one too.

Oh and thanks! Love my baller box!
Good looking out, thanks mang! Love the car!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Carbing Rear Strut Bar. #2 that I've seen in the states. I may be WAY wrong but don't care. Rare is rare.
The lip project is an Omron proximity switch poking through the lip. When it contacts a curb it will light an indicator lamp in the dash and tell me to stop shorter.
Name:  CarbingRearBar2.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  70.3 KB
Name:  CarbingRearBar3.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  63.4 KB
Name:  OmronCurbFeeler2.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  85.0 KB
Name:  OmronCurbFeeler3.jpg
Size:  80.3 KB
Name:  OmronCurbFeeler4.jpg
Size:  114.2 KB
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Ok that air box is ****ing baller!

and that lip..... oh that lip!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:29 PM

Thank you sir. Shes coming along.

My vote is still out on the lip. I just hope the curb feeler is worth all of the work after the lip is CGM. Its gonna be pricey to paint this stuff.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
It will be well worth it when its all said and done
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
It will be well worth it when its all said and done
I think the best part will be getting that evil Spec C Roof Vent completed. It is satan.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 PM

I think the best part will be getting that evil Spec C Roof Vent completed. It is satan.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Man, let me know how that goes...looks fun...dremel time?

Quick Reply: grambo's STI