Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Color Help! Post Your VOLKS HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 2004 San Remo Red WRX
Exclamation

Originally Posted by OnePremiere
So now I am stuck between White, Silver and Gray.
You forgot about red!

I swear, it doesnt attract attention
Old 05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8
Originally Posted by Louros
You forgot about red!

I swear, it doesnt attract attention
that's love... beautiful pic. what kind of camera are you using?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:18 PM

Car Info: GDA
Lightbulb

white is a GREAT color...go with white with Bronze CE28's!

Last edited by doughboy; 05-12-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 03 PSM WRX stg 2
You forgot about red!
Louros, are you a Cornell alum? Is that why your car is red? I'm actually in engineering at Cornell! w00t And yes, that pic is amazing. Love the clouds.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:06 PM

i don't think he forgot red, at leaste not accidently. j/k i think the new red is more better than the od red. I think you should do blue or white. I would do white w/ bronze it looks clean and the wheels really stand out on the white. Would have been my second choice but everything i own is black. Bets combos to me are: black w/ bronze, White with black, bronze or gunmetal, blue with gold bronze or gunmetal, red with black or gunmetal (actually pretty good combo i just would get sick of owning a red car) yellow w/ dynomite strapped to it j/k, grey with gunmetal or black. Black wheels should have a polished lip in my opinion to look right, not in all cases but the le37 is a sick wheel. well i hope i didn't forget a color and that this helps. You could also go to the color car threads and look at there etups. Subydude.com has a gallery where you can pick a wheel color and they show you all the cars w/ that color wheel regardless of thecolor car, many combos to look at.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:10 PM

btw the pic of the wed sport doesn't look bronze, the ce28 is a much more appealing and richer bronze. What ever you get try to see them in person first, they aren'y always what you expect. I did orig order the gt-c in black, saw it in person and it was so ugly...
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by laoba
that's love... beautiful pic. what kind of camera are you using?
Its a crappy Canon S230, I did a bit of photochopping though to the pic to make the car stand out so much
Originally Posted by lllRedline
Louros, are you a Cornell alum? Is that why your car is red? I'm actually in engineering at Cornell! w00t And yes, that pic is amazing. Love the clouds.
Actually I'll be a freshman in engineering there this fall, and the red thing is just a coincidence, I had the car before I was accepted haha... what year and what major are you in?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:15 PM

Car Info: GDA
Its a crappy Canon S230, I did a bit of photochopping though to the pic to make the car stand out so much
can you tell me what settings you used on the camera? my bro took a look at the pic and said that there is some purple fringing at the edges of the pictures as well as high noise. did you shoot at a high ISO? what about aperture, exposure compensation, time of day the photo was shot, etc?

much appreciated!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 PM

Vivid color setting, f/2.8 aperture, 1/500 shutter speed, no exposure compensation, taken in the afternoon before sunset... here it is before photoshop:
Old 05-13-2005, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: rx8

cgm sti w/ bronze emotions...
Old 05-13-2005, 02:12 PM

I know alittle off topic, but that red one in the 6th pic, looks awesome, anymore pics of that one?
Old 05-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Did you mean mine or the other red one? Probably the other one as mine is basically stock, but heres another pic anyway, doing what the car is made for:
Old 05-13-2005, 09:26 PM

that sti is sick. where did you get that spoiler? sick setup, the silver seems like it debronzes the wheels. like makes them look not so bronze.

Quick Reply: Color Help! Post Your VOLKS HERE!