Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

'01 RS coupe soon to be STI.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 2001RSTI
Oh yea and the plates. Only a scooby fan could know WTF this means
Attached Thumbnails '01 RS coupe soon to be STI.....-impics-005.jpg  
Old 10-10-2007, 12:23 AM

+1 to garage tuning, they swaped me car aswell. very nice car!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:29 AM

Just a pic from my last AutoX. next time 'round ill run the stock 16's wrapped with goodrich R1s

Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 2000 RSTi
how do you get the 16's to fit the brembo's? unless you don't have them?

how did you manage to use the R180 and not go brembo's?

GT did my swap too...2005 Sti motor/tranny on 2000 2.5rs, same color as yours now i'm looking into getting the rear end, but i really don't want to go brembo...just extra money that i don't need to spend.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 PM

Sweet got any pics of urs?Hit me a link

I went full JDM....So I have a complete GC8 STI type R drivetrain. The 5 speed trans w DCCD, rear end+calipers. So im runnin the "Subaru" 2 potters in the rear and 4 potters up front. The GC8/GF8 came originally w/16s

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
how do you get the 16's to fit the brembo's? unless you don't have them?

how did you manage to use the R180 and not go brembo's?

GT did my swap too...2005 Sti motor/tranny on 2000 2.5rs, same color as yours now i'm looking into getting the rear end, but i really don't want to go brembo...just extra money that i don't need to spend.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:26 PM

Car Info: 2000 BRP GC8
Originally Posted by JamesGRrallye
Yeay Im CARB'ed
good job man. im thinking about swaping mine in the summer, just a ej20 swap, what was the process of getting it carb'ed? was it pretty simple?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:10 AM

Sweet got any pics of urs?Hit me a link

I went full JDM....So I have a complete GC8 STI type R drivetrain. The 5 speed trans w DCCD, rear end+calipers. So im runnin the "Subaru" 2 potters in the rear and 4 potters up front. The GC8/GF8 came originally w/16s
ahhh i see, so you kept your r160 with 4.44 fd? i didnt know those came with DCCD? i thought DCCD was always 6spd only...

i dont really have any pictures yet, the car's a work in progress and i usually like to snap pix when the car's done i'll def. let you know when the car's done. where in socal are you? we should get an RSTi meet going...i dont see any happening over on rs25.com...
Old 04-11-2008, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by ADRIAN_RS
good job man. im thinking about swaping mine in the summer, just a ej20 swap, what was the process of getting it carb'ed? was it pretty simple?
Was easy as keeping everything stock. I was lucky because DMV sent me a smog notice just 2 months after the swap was done around Registration time. (At the time all I had was an axle back and Cobb St.1 map). They give u all the numbers and info on setting up an appointment. U go to the state ref and tell him exactly what u have done to the car and that all the emissions stuff are there. Pay the fee get ur Cert. sticker
Old 04-11-2008, 05:20 AM

No no....I have the R180 diff as well and it is 4.44 (RS r160 is 4.11). The entire rear end from a Type-R. Yes it is a rare drivetrain and probably the most potent 5 speed U can get for the money. Im in Carlsbad BTW

ahhh i see, so you kept your r160 with 4.44 fd? i didnt know those came with DCCD? i thought DCCD was always 6spd only...

i dont really have any pictures yet, the car's a work in progress and i usually like to snap pix when the car's done i'll def. let you know when the car's done. where in socal are you? we should get an RSTi meet going...i dont see any happening over on rs25.com...
Old 04-11-2008, 09:41 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
dude your car looks sweet
Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 PM

No no....I have the R180 diff as well and it is 4.44 (RS r160 is 4.11). The entire rear end from a Type-R. Yes it is a rare drivetrain and probably the most potent 5 speed U can get for the money. Im in Carlsbad BTW
ooooh i see. i'm actually really tempted to want to just put a LSD into my R160 and call it a day...this way i can keep my current hubs/brakes and i can put the 16'' wheels back on. smaller wheels will give me better accel/braking/cheaper tires/less road noise

decisions decisions...

if there's a meet i'll hit you up. i want to check out your car
Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 AM

Wink

Thanks!!! I seen ur project as well and I know its sweeter when u do the work urself. When I was ur age I was too busy chasing poontang to care about cars. Wasnt until I was 20 when I turned a wrench on my car. U got a head start on all of us!!!

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
dude your car looks sweet
Old 04-12-2008, 02:08 AM

Thumbs up

Yea I guess depending on what ur running it might be better for u to piece it all together. I originally was going to use the USDM trans but GT had JDM clips coming in at the time and I was able to save a few $$ going that route. 4k for US vs 2500 for JDM. GL on ur LSD ventures. Definitely hit me up whenever there's a meet.

ooooh i see. i'm actually really tempted to want to just put a LSD into my R160 and call it a day...this way i can keep my current hubs/brakes and i can put the 16'' wheels back on. smaller wheels will give me better accel/braking/cheaper tires/less road noise

decisions decisions...

if there's a meet i'll hit you up. i want to check out your car
Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Car Info: 2000 BRP GC8
Was easy as keeping everything stock. I was lucky because DMV sent me a smog notice just 2 months after the swap was done around Registration time. (At the time all I had was an axle back and Cobb St.1 map). They give u all the numbers and info on setting up an appointment. U go to the state ref and tell him exactly what u have done to the car and that all the emissions stuff are there. Pay the fee get ur Cert. sticker
thanks for the info.. your car is looking gooooood!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM

JDM RA flat fuel door installed...Thanks GT

AutoPower Race rollbar w/ options installed....can u say PITA???

Picz on their way and vidz as soon as I get a camera mount.....

+1 for bringing this thread back form the dead.

Quick Reply: '01 RS coupe soon to be STI.....