NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

WTB: STi intercooler silicone hoses

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
WTB: STi intercooler silicone hoses

I'm looking to buy an STi intercooler Y hose. I was looking at the stock one today, and man, that thing is a joke!

Does anyone have one laying around? doesn't matter what color it is.

Again, this is the back of the I/C Y hose so that I can replace the entire stock unit.

I know there's a ton of you that have upgraded to FMIC, or sold your cars, etc... Someone has to have one laying around that they can sell.

If I can't find one through you guys, I'll go to ATP turbo to get one, I just need to know the size/shape so I can tell them which one to get. I was there today and they didn't know off hand what part number (shape and size) it was, they told me to come back with the measurments even though I told them it was for an STi (07). I'd rather get it used due to budget reasons, but I'll get a new one if I can't find a used one, I just need the specs so I can tell them which one to sell me.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Bump!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
just so i can get it clear.
you are looking to get the elbow? the part that comes stock red?
If so I have one that might work.
let me know
Old 04-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
just so i can get it clear.
you are looking to get the elbow? the part that comes stock red?
If so I have one that might work.
let me know
Actually, I just looked at the part, and I need the entire underside piping for an STi intercooler. Everything that attaches to the underside of the intercooler, I think it's two metal parts and one Y shaped hose for the STi IC.

I'd like to order this part from you guys cuz I'm using the WRX standard one which isn't a perfect fit... I also need the stock STi BOV gasket if you can.

You know I'm good for it and will pick it up as soon as you get it in.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
http://www.turninconcepts.com/produc...roducts_id=516
Old 04-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Does that replace the entire STi hose system? Does this replace the two metal 90 degree bends that go from the intercooler and connect to the pipe that goes into the turbo?

Cuz I need every part.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Might want to get one of the y-pipe kits off ebay. Otherwise I really dont think you'll have much luck, since everyone sells the hoses with the intercoolers. I have the red elbow that was mentioned earlier. lmk if you need it
Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by VladiWrX
Might want to get one of the y-pipe kits off ebay. Otherwise I really dont think you'll have much luck, since everyone sells the hoses with the intercoolers. I have the red elbow that was mentioned earlier. lmk if you need it
Do you have a picture of it? I'd really like to see it so I can confirm exactly what part it is.

How much do you wanna sell it for?

That way I can buy that part from you, and I'll go to SOA and get the two metal elbows that attach to the intercooler... I try to save money anywhere I can, and there's nothing wrong with buying a used IC hose.

Let me know man! I really appreciate you offering it out.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
In Russia, Title Choose You.

Car Info: Everywhere
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. its the one that goes from the turbo to the y-pipe from an sti. 10 bux?
Attached Thumbnails WTB: STi intercooler silicone hoses-0425092319-00.jpg  
Old 04-26-2009, 01:35 AM

Ah, thaaaaat hose... I actually have that one (only blue), I need the Y pipe that attaches to that elbow, and the two metal elbows that connect directly to the IC.

Thanks though, I really appreciate that!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:19 PM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
PM'd you
Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Ah, thaaaaat hose... I actually have that one (only blue), I need the Y pipe that attaches to that elbow, and the two metal elbows that connect directly to the IC.

Thanks though, I really appreciate that!
Daniel
the sti y-pipe is a single cast piece at attaches from that elbow and splits to both intercooler connections if i am not mistaken.
-Chris
Old 04-27-2009, 12:09 AM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
i thought the sti tmic came with a y pipe like this one with a red 90degree hose?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:57 AM

^ bingo
Old 04-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
I was looking into something similar a bit ago, so I'll pass on the info:

From a scoobymods write-up:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/mak...rk-t3669.html?
Just a quick write up on this... I got in from Japan a bunch of JDM STi Intercoolers for the 2.0L (meaning the bolts match up perfectly) but they came without the Y pipe. Well, good news on that.

The stock WRX casting pipes for the Y pipe bolt directly on. BUT, the hoses are too short, even when using upgraded hoses like the Samco or Perrin IC hoses. So, what do you do?

You extend them. Yup, all you need is a 2" diameter steel or aluminum piece, approx. 3.5" long. 2 hose clamps, 8mm socket size is what we used. As you can see from the attached pics, we cut the hose near the bottom where it goes into the turbo, cut it right in half. Be sure to wipe clean both hoses on the inside so there is no debris in there.

Insert the tube, clamp it down, adjust as needed and you have a STi IC using upgraded WRX pipes.
PM me if you'd like the link from nabisco about how to use the wrx metal pieces and the wrx y-pipe:

7. My STi TMIC didn't come with a Y-pipe. Will my stock plastic WRX IC y-hose work?

It won't work unless you use a Samco I/C hose, which you can extend (not easy) to create a perfect fitting.
I found out that passenger's side bracket will FIT if you use longer turbo to IC hose. If you are using a Samco y-hose from WRX, you can simply cut it and use 1 7/8" OD coupler from Advance auto part to extend the length (first posted at scoobymods.com).
stole image from nabisco

From reading around, I think the 1 7/8" OD coupler is the correct size instead of the 2" OD coupler

Quick Reply: WTB: STi intercooler silicone hoses