NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Pioneer avic D3 $850

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Impreza WRX
So today is monday. Did the order go in today Gur? Nothing I have to worry about?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by rugmonkey
I'm in the southbay / penninsula (west bay) but If you have someone in the berkeley area that can pick up I'm sure we could work something out. There are at least 2 people in SF who I would have to meet with, so we could arrange a fair meeting place for everyone in that area to pick up their unit. I am fine with a check as long as it clears.
In case I'm not included in that SF list, I should be. I would also love to be able to pickup mine in SF if possible.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 04 wgn
order is made.

I just put in our order, and just in the nick of time, there were only 4 left, and a backorder till they dont know when, it could be a few weeks till they get more, they have no idea. I'm sorry hakstern, it doesn't look like I can help you out.

They were nice enough to honor our original agreed price, mostly because they had such an odd number left, usually they do orders in half dozen increments.

you can send your paypall payments to gur@gwu.edu, we will have them wednesday!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 AM

no worries guys.

yes, mcowger, the sf reference includes you. And the only people able to get the units in this order were Mcowger , Arya, Huck, and my own self (because I'm special). I'm sorry If someone was excluded from this order that was seriously interested, we could have made a larger one if we got commitments last Friday, and if there is alot more interest, I will be happy to ask them to notify me when they receive a new shipment to organize another group buy.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:45 AM

yes, mcowger, the sf reference includes you. And the only people able to get the units in this order were Mcowger , Arya, Huck, and my own self (because I'm special). I'm sorry If someone was excluded from this order that was seriously interested, we could have made a larger one if we got commitments last Friday, and if there is alot more interest, I will be happy to ask them to notify me when they receive a new shipment to organize another group buy.

Excellent! I've just paypaled you the $875. And Crutchfield comes through in the clutch and will have teh Bluetooth and ipod adapters here on Wed along with all the harnesses and crap.

Last edited by mcowger; 03-05-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
money sent.

<-- drunk in bristol
Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by huck
money sent.

<-- drunk in bristol
So while you are drunk in Bristol, wanna accidently paypal me some money too?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Car Info: MY99 BRP RS
I just put in our order, and just in the nick of time, there were only 4 left, and a backorder till they dont know when, it could be a few weeks till they get more, they have no idea. I'm sorry hakstern, it doesn't look like I can help you out.

They were nice enough to honor our original agreed price, mostly because they had such an odd number left, usually they do orders in half dozen increments.

you can send your paypall payments to gur@gwu.edu, we will have them wednesday!

Aww..Well just PM me when you can get up a next order, I'll definately be in for one. Thanks again.
-Bryan
Old 03-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by hakstern
Aww..Well just PM me when you can get up a next order, I'll definately be in for one. Thanks again.
-Bryan
Not to hi-jack but I can help get you one for the same price and warranty directly from a authorize shop for a year.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM

Gur, looks like you and I got the shaft my friend
Old 03-05-2007, 05:34 PM

its alright.

I've calmed down. looks like our units will be ordered by friday (cross our fingers), and mcowger and Huck will still get theirs on wednesday. Super anger has now turned into strong annoyance and humiliation.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Rug, I think subywrx might be able to get us D3's for the same deal if I am not mistaken? I am waiting to hear from him
Old 03-05-2007, 05:43 PM

how about tax?

how do we avoid tax? its an extra $70 sales tax if you buy retail.

Last edited by rugmonkey; 03-05-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:44 PM

I hope his PM back to me will clear everything up
Old 03-05-2007, 09:26 PM

update: Pioneer Avic D3 GroupBuy v1.5

for those following the dramatic unfolding of events of this group buy: This morning our group had 6 buyers, with five totally commited, so I attempted to place our order; but our fears came true and the distributer notified me that he had only 4 units left in stock. I had to sadly decline to fill the order of the last two participants, but at least 4 of us could still do it, right?

Well, i thought so, and my order was placed, so I told everyone left that they could proceed with payment. 2 hours later I was called and told that they could only fill the order for 2 of the 4 units i placed an order for. Since only 2 of the participants had made their payments by that time, it would only be fair that they would be the ones to receive the last 2 units availble and I and the rest of the participants would need to take our chances with the backorder (a.k.a. the abyss). So I guess punctuality does have some value.

Anyway, We're now a group of 3, waiting for the first chance we get to fill our order which we are told could be by/before/as soon as/ but not definitely for sure yet by friday. So if you are still interested, you can still join this groupbuy V 1.5. and this time we're not waiting for looky loos, were taking the first opportunity we get.

Quick Reply: Pioneer avic D3 $850