NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: JDM STi Seats made by Recaro (V4), complete, both seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs up FS: JDM STi Seats made by Recaro (V4), complete, both seats

Selling a set of V4/5 JDM seats that come complete with all hardware/rails/etc (all OEM). Both seats will directly bolt into ANY subaru model made after 1992. The installation of both seats takes about 15 mins tops. These seats will not affect your seatbelts or anything like that. They weigh more than 50% less than the USDM STi seats are are MUCH more supportive.

These are actually "Recaro Sports" but covered in gray alacantara, black cloth, and red bolsters. These seats are HUGE upgrades to any Impreza model we've ever had here in the USA. These are the seats we SHOULD have had come with our USDM cars, but instead we have super wide seats that fit people over 400lbs so all of us folks that are normal weight have to suffer and slide around in our seats. These seats will fit up to a 40" waist comfortably, and will fit smaller people as well. These are getting rarer and rarer so jump on this deal while you can!

Remember, this is for TWO seats, fully reclinable, come with ALL hardware (sliders, mounts, etc). They will fit into ANY subaru model made after 1992, and are by far the best upgrade you can do for your car. Nothing is better than upgrading your seats... Anyone with aftermarket sport seats will vouch for this and agree. It transforms your car and allows you drive the car like it was meant to be driven rather than holding on to the steering wheel/sliding around all over.

This seat holds you in VERY firmly and you don't move AT ALL. The bolsters are very aggressive and you wont be disappointed. These seats sit a little lower than the stock seats so the center of gravity is automatically lowered, not to mention the insane weight savings you'll be getting by replacing both seats.

Here's a pic of what the seats look like:

From the pic, you can see the gray alacantara (spell?) which is like soft suede, it sticks you in the seat so you don't slide at all, and the bolsters ensure that you don't go ANYWHERE. You are firmly planted once in the seat. You can see the slots for harnesses (4-6 point harnesses). These are GREAT seats folks, and an epic upgrade to any Subaru model out there. It's a real shame that we didn't get these type of seats in the USA. We always get screwed in some way or another.

Asking: $650 for BOTH seats.

(Included are the seats, sliders/rails, and mounts. The seats come complete and can be installed into any Subaru in around 20 mins for both seats. 4 heavy duty bolts hold the seat to the floor of your car. You will need to use your stock bolts for these seats as recommended)

This is a killer price for some kick *** STi recaro seats... Consider that 1 Recaro sport seat if you buy through Recaro costs $1100, and that's witout the $300 mounting hardware!!! Here you get 2 seats complete with everything for BOTH seats!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
What did you find wrong with these (read: why aren't you using them)?

Also, do you know if CEL's pop up on the wrx or anything related from the loose airbag clips?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:46 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
obviously it will throw a airbaglight as there will no longer be side air bags..
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
if i pick up your old rs i will pick these up for sure! lets hope rat will take what i offer him!

Last edited by ruehl; 02-03-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 AM

Car Info: Fast
Trying to help...nevermind!

Last edited by aboothman; 02-04-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by akdmx
What did you find wrong with these (read: why aren't you using them)?

Also, do you know if CEL's pop up on the wrx or anything related from the loose airbag clips?
Nothing wrong with them at all, I needed a SUPER-UBER aggressive non-reclining seat due to my intense/chronic back pain, which is why I went to the Sparco EVO II, because it fit me like a glove, but it cost $800 for just the seat, no mount, no nothing which is what you will find with aftermarket seats.

You may have an airbag light buy not a big deal, Other than thatThe seats are great and wont cause any issues.

BONUS: I will help you install them right there on the spot (with your help)
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
obviously it will throw a airbaglight as there will no longer be side air bags..

Yeah, it throws an airbag light but there's away to get around that.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by ruehl
if i pick up your old rs i will pick these up for sure! lets hope rat will take what i offer him!
that would be SICK! That's where these seats were prior to being removed. *Im crossing my fingers so that you get it! Rat is a friend of mine, and it is my old car, so I want rat to sell the car to you!!!

I got kinda screwed by selling my old GC to a member (for $2,500 with all extra), he said he was going to put a V7 drivetrain into it, etc, etc, etc, etc... But then his medical problems made it so he couldn't and that made me really sad... so now the car is going from onwer to owner.

I really want these gone as they are just taking up space.

Note to Rat: Please sell the car to ruehl! He's a good guy and I want to keep the car in the family! Pretty please!!!

I sold the car for $2500 to mda, but hes got some preyy nasty back surgeries comin

Lets hope this works out the way it should! Power of iclub!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 AM

Car Info: '15 WRX
For the airbags, you can get a 3.3ohm resistor and plug it into the connector for the seats so you wont get an airbag light or at least thats the case with the newer WRX
Old 02-04-2010, 11:47 AM

if you need the space i might be able to come get them before the dent day. I need to get my tint redone, by vince @ Omega, since whoever did the tint before did a crappy job and i got a ticket I'll need signed off, but I'm only going get legal windows tinted.

I hope he does sell me the RS but i won't spend more than the money i planned for a DD since it will just be a DD, for now......

Last edited by ruehl; 02-04-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 PM

What does that mean? Not spending more than the money you planned to spend since it's a DD? Does that mean you dont want the seats? Want the seats?

These seats are very comfortable and perfect for long trips and short trips alike. They have MUCH more support than the stock seats and have a lot more adjustment. These seats are great for daily driving to aggressive track driving... Recaro did one hell of a job by making a seat that is suitable for all types of driving. I've see race cars with these as the primary seats, and I have seen these specific seats setup on street cars because they are in fact so comfortable.

Since they are OEM, they dont wear out like most racing type seats. They are very rugged are very strong.

These seats are great and are a steal for $650!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will even install them for you if you buy them!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM

PS: These seats are a lot more bolstering than the GD JDM Spec C seats. These have been argued to be the best seats that Subaru has ever brought out because of how great they feel when sitting in them. They are very comfortable for long journeys and the bolsters allow you to have GREAT support during track days without compromising comfort.

The key is using comfortable materials that are soft enough for every day driving but still have aggressive bolsters to keep you in place during hard corning and other aggressive driving, so you get the best of both worlds.

Remember, these will bolt into just about ANY Subaru model on existence, just as long as your car was made after 1992, after that all seats were universal. These were in fact made by RECARO for STi. These are Recaro Sport's, and if you were to buy a single Recaro Sport without any mounting hardware you'd be paying well over a thoysand dollars for just the seat... Here's your chance to have TWO STi version Recaro Sports WITH all the hardware for a mere $650, a friggin steal!

I have bills to pay and my loss is your gain...

Please someone buy them soon, I need to pay for stuff!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by ZeR0
For the airbags, you can get a 3.3ohm resistor and plug it into the connector for the seats so you wont get an airbag light or at least thats the case with the newer WRX
Actually anything from 3-4 ohms should do the trick.

I couldn't find a 3.3 so I lined up a 2.5 and a 1 ohm. How's that for a fix. haha

bump for good *** seats. No pun intended.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru STI
wha! those seats are nice! i wish i had money haha
Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
What does that mean? Not spending more than the money you planned to spend since it's a DD? Does that mean you dont want the seats? Want the seats?

These seats are very comfortable and perfect for long trips and short trips alike. They have MUCH more support than the stock seats and have a lot more adjustment. These seats are great for daily driving to aggressive track driving... Recaro did one hell of a job by making a seat that is suitable for all types of driving. I've see race cars with these as the primary seats, and I have seen these specific seats setup on street cars because they are in fact so comfortable.

Since they are OEM, they dont wear out like most racing type seats. They are very rugged are very strong.

These seats are great and are a steal for $650!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will even install them for you if you buy them!!!!
O i still want them i just don't want to spend more than what i offered Rat on a DD. These seats or more like an investment since they are just going get even more rare with time and considering im only 165lbs i won't be wearing them out fast.

But Rat and I seemed to have worked something out, 95% sure, so when can i pick up these seats, weekends work best for me since i go to school and work full time mon-fri. And if you would help me install them that would be great my only concern is how will I the stock seats home?

Quick Reply: FS: JDM STi Seats made by Recaro (V4), complete, both seats