NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS/Feeler: 2005 WRB STi

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
FS/Feeler: 2005 WRB STi

This is gonna be long winded. this is a feeler thread/for sale. I'm guessing people will chime in with their opinions of my asking price but keep in mind obo.

Vehicle History

The car is a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI in the color World Rally Blue with approximately 105k miles on the chassis and 2k miles on the freshly built motor (and adding as this is my daily driver). The car has a clean title and I am the second owner of the vehicle. When I purchased this vehicle it had 52k miles on it and whether or not you believe me, besides the occasional spirited driving when entering the freeways, as long as I've owned it, this car has never been raced or tracked. I am an auto-enthusiast that loves to build and modify vehicles but I'm definitely lacking the skills and/or the desire to drive in a competitive/race environment.

Last year my car started to overheat and when I took it into Garage 1 Auto in San Jose, they told me I had a head gasket leak. Instead of just replacing the gasket and refreshing the old motor I decided to order a brand new block from Vigilant Motorsports so I would have a fresh motor, so hopefully this will answer the questions why I have a new motor in my car.

The car has been in one accident in a parking lot in Santa Clara where a lady decided to backup into my driver side quarter panel with her 4runner. There is damage to the quarter panel and the bumper. The damage from this accident has NOT been fixed, but have had the car checked for frame damage and luckily it was only the body. Because I wasn't at fault for this damage I got a general quote from the most expensive/reputable repair shop in the area and he quoted me $3900 for the repair.

The car has no hood scoop/splitter and no STI trunk/wing. I bought a wingless trunk and sold my STI trunk b/c I kept on getting pulled over by SJPD for no reason. I sold the hood scoop and splitter b/c it was non-functional b/c I didn't have a top mount IC any more.

Now all the basic info is over with here is the good and the bad section.

THE GOOD

Car is a turnkey daily driver. It has no major mechanical issues and drives straight. It made 387 awhp @ EQ tuning (would have made more with a bigger turbo but I opted for a smaller turbo to maintain a solid midrange powerband instead of going all top end). The new motor in it started as 100% brand new with all brand new forged internals as well as a brand new timing component kit from Gates. The next owner of this vehicle won't have to do any major maintenance to this vehicle for a very long time.

THE BAD

The car does have damage to the rear quarter panel. You have to see it in person and get up close or at the proper angle to see where the car was hit, but the damage is there. I didn't have the car repaired after the damage because I was in a tough financial spot and having the extra cash on hand from the insurance payout was more important to me than having my car look pretty again. The car will not pass visual smog in California. The car will definitely pass the tailpipe sniffer (I have tried and succeeded), but if you have a stickler for a smog station that knows about cars, they will fail you for visual because of the downpipe and the obvious FMIC piping. However this car did pass smog this March 2013 and is good for another 2 years.

REASON FOR SELLING

Everyone wants a reason for why someone is selling their car, so here is my reason so as to decrease the amount of repeat questions I have to answer. As I said above, I am an auto-enthusiast that loves to build and modify cars. Once I feel I have reached a point in which I am happy with my current build/project, I move on to something else. I'm ready to move on from this project and thats it. I bought this car because I was interested in building/working on a boxer style motor and I've done that so I want to try something new.

DISCLAIMER

This for sale ad is more of a feeler at this point to gauge interest in my vehicle. I'm in no rush to sell my car but I can be as motivated to sell as long as the buyer is serious. I have priced my car based on the rating for my vehicle on kelly blue book between the fair and good rating because although this vehicle is functioning at 100% mechanically, I acknowledge this isn't a show car and there is that damage to the quarter panel as well as the typical wear and tear that occurs while driving on a day to day basis.

I'm only looking for serious buyers with the necessary funds on hand. If you want to request more pictures of specific areas please feel free to contact me. If you want to schedule a time to come view the vehicle feel free to contact me as well. If you plan on coming to view the vehicle and take it for a test drive you will need to meet my requirements as follows as I am not and will not cater to joy riders:

1. valid drivers license
2. Proof of funds
3. instead of proof of funds leave a vehicle with the person I'm with that is worth more than my car while you are on the test drive

If you are unable to provide any of these, please don't bother contacting me to inquire about the vehicle.

Asking $18,900 obo

Once again thanks for viewing my ad and if you have any misc questions about the vehicle or requests for pictures feel free to contact me via email and I will answer all your questions as soon as I can. On to the modification list.

Motor
Vigilant motorsports custom block
Cp pistons
Manley rods
Custom crank
ARP head studs
Gates Timing compoment kit (belt, tensioners, pulleys, etc)
Perrin fmic kit (black) and filter
Custom blow thru maf setup
Short ram intake
Gimmick turbo inlet
Grimmspeed Lightened Crank Pulley
Deatschwerks 750cc injectors
Relocated tial vband recirculating valve
EQ tuning up pipe with 38 mm tial vband wastegate and dump tube
Hallman pro manual boost controller
4 bar map sensor
Ported STi header
Helix bell mouth 3" downpipe
Maddad whisper back 3" exhaust
Blouch 20gxt turbo with grimmspeed wastegate bracket
Tgv deletes with grimmspeed phenolic spacers
Moroso aluminum oil pan
Coolingist cmgs pro methanol injection kit with 1-2 manifold
Cobb access port v2 with 91+ meth custom eq tuning map

Electronics
Stri boost gauge
Stri egt gauge
Stri oil temp gauge
Innovate wideband o2 gauge
Cmgs pro meth gauge/controller
Panasonic cd/USB/aux head unit
12" jl sub and amp

Suspension/wheels/misc
Bc coilovers (camber plates in front/camber bolts in rear)
Torque solutions pitch mount
Torque solutions motor mounts
Torque solutions transmission mount
Pu rear diff bushings
Pu exhaust hangers
Kartboy short shifter and bushings
ACT Street Clutch
Rays engineering gramlights 57f 18x8.5 +45
234/45/18 Bridgestone potenza re760 sport
Adaptec 15mm spacers anodized black

Interior/exterior
Custom hood scoop delete
DIY rear diffuser
Oem triple gauge pod
Ashtray methanol gauge pod
2007 limited edition STi trunk lip spoiler
Rolled fenders
Hella horns
Fully debadged
Front grille emblem delete
Weighted piston style shift ****
Piaa silicone wipers
Center console armrest extension

Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Let me know if you part the car out. I'll buy the catback and FMIC yesterday.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Maybe might be easier to sell that way. But I would have to get a lot of parts ... Scoop. Vf, full stock turbo back ... Etc etc
Old 04-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Also another suggestion would be to take a few pictures of the damage because someone is going to ask.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM

yea i didnt post all the pictures up. i know people will ask and i will link them to an album once its complete. i need to take higher res pics b/c these are just from my phone.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by david240z
1. valid drivers license
2. Proof of funds
3. instead of proof of funds leave a vehicle with the person I'm with that is worth more than my car while you are on the test drive
What do you consider as acceptable proof of funds?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
What do you consider as acceptable proof of funds?
i don't expect someone to go to the bank with me and have the teller show me their checking/savings account info.

people will show a loan approval from a credit union or bank they have applied for a car purchase b/c with larger amounts of money nobody is gonna show up with straight cash.

there are many ways to do this, but i'd say the vast majority of the people who I have sold cars to show up with their parents or an older person with a vehicle that the person owns and they leave it w/ my friend while i take them on the test drive.