NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: 95 VW Golf III City Hatchback - $800

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
FS: 95 VW Golf III City Hatchback - $800

POSTING FOR MY FRIEND. PM ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED! (caps lock is awesome btw!)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2138854889.html

Great car - wish I could keep it (but I am moving)!

Full moon/sun roof~! Power locks. Manual windows. Fabric seats. Automatic transmission. Around 250,000mi. Smog check passed and certified. 2 Door Hatchback. Seats five people~ Back seats go down all the way for more trunk space! I am the original owner and have had this car since 1995. I have all records of service & maintenance ever done. I have the Haynes manual for this car and I have the original user manual.

Salvage title from a fender bender last year. May need new struts, engine mounts and alignment. Nick on the windshield from debris on the highway. Passenger side view mirror casing is cracked from a drunken cyclist in the city (the mirror itself is OK, just a bit shaky at high speeds.) Radiator is leaking slowly (I avoid this issue by refilling the coolant every now and then.) Has a lot of minor dents & scratches on the exterior. Some minor wear and tear on the interior. Lights on the console are out - so at night you cannot see your speed or rpm. (check engine light, clock, mileage, temperature light are working though.) Windshield fluid container leaks.

Due to salvage title, you need to get brake & light certificate for California title registration. This is around $90 at most shops.

Honestly, it is in pretty good shape & gets me around the bay. It could be AWESOME if I had the time/money to work on it. I take good care of it--just showing its age.