NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: 2002 PSM WRX wagon for parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
FS: 2002 PSM WRX wagon for parts

02 wagon, PSM, clean title, current tags (expires next month), runs, 106k on the odometer/chassis. EJ25 hybrid. Overall nice cosmetic condition. Some misc upgrade parts. Car is located in South Bay.

Bought this several years ago as a project car, knowing the bottom end was going to need to be rebuilt in the near future

Just haven't had any time to put into it, I have too many projects, it's coming up on reg (smog year), and I just don't want to look at it anymore.

Upgrade parts:
5zigen 17" wheels (tires are heavily worn)
Greddy exhaust
Greddy front strut brace
FP18G or clone
STi fog light covers
Roof rack delete (have original rack rails)
Rebuilt transmission - 08 gearset (per previous owner)

Known Issues:
Piston slap. Fair bit.
Oil blowing past the rings. Assumed related to previous.
Overheating. Assumed to be a failed thermostat.
Unknown problem in the evap system (can throw a CEL)
Swift springs
Minor cosmetic dings interior/exterior
Minor smoking from under hood - probably from the banjo bolts on the turbo
Misses at higher rpm's under boost - haven't looked into it, assuming the overheating and/or blowby is causing problems

Car has current tags and drives, but starts overheating once the engine comes up to temp .. seems pretty obvious it's failing to flow water. Probably a bad thermostat or similar. Should be an easy fix.

Car should be perfectly fine for an engine rebuild, it has a straight frame and the body is in good shape, I just don't have the time to deal with it, and I've got another PSM wagon I need to deal with (keep or sell) that doesn't have any problems.

Reg is due mid-June, so it has 30 days for that. It passed smog in similar condition the last time, but I don't know if they'll bounce it on visual this time for anything. Since CA requires it to be smogged prior to sale, I'm just going to deep discount and sell it "for parts".

It'd make me really happy to sell it this weekend. PM me if you're interested.

I think $2500 is a reasonable cash price to move fast, but I'll consider lowball offers.. make it easy for me, and I'll make it easy for you.

Exterior pictures: https://imgur.com/a/1arcvb8

Last edited by macker; 05-18-2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: location
Old 05-19-2018, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
To be clear, this car is totally viable as a complete car, I'm only selling it as "parts" because of the smog pending. Clean title, no wrecks, nothing major wrong aside from needing the bottom end rebuilt or swapped.

Would love to get it sold within the next 2 weeks. Pink in hand.