NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Evo VIII Recaro SSL with Wedge Seat Base for Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 AM

Car Info: Fast
Cool Evo VIII Recaro SSL with Wedge Seat Base for Impreza

Hello. This is a complete leather seat out of an Evo VIII, ready to bolt into your Impreza. It is configured for Driver's side. I have a set in my WRX, and they are a great daily driver seat. They sit a bit lower, they are a bit more firm, and they hold you far better than the stock WRX or STI seats.

Looking to get $750 Shipped. Price is negotiable, but not by a whole lot. Please keep in mind I have saved you the trouble of finding a seat in great condition, finding a seat base, and putting it all together. These commonly go for $600-700 each on Evolution-M, and bases are $100 plus, so this is a good deal in my opinion. Forgot to mention, this has a Recaro flat slider that cost me $100. The Evo Recaro slider raises the seat about 1/2", and that was not acceptable to me.

Seat is located in Northern California. Not the Bay Area or Sacramento, but REAL Northern Cali Like, what most people consider Oregon lol. Given my work schedule and 2 hour callback, delivery is not an option. Pickup works if you happen to be in the middle of nowhere :banana:

The Wedge seat bracket is height adjustable, but their design is flawed. Basically, to lower the seat to the two lower heights, you will have to cut one of the mounting tabs, and it will be at that height permanently.

The seat is in two halves right now since it will be easier and cheaper to ship that way. The most difficult part of this swap is attaching the stock seat position sensor to the seat base, which can be done with some zip ties and little difficulty.

Here are some pics. Please note, the rear plastic shell for the seat back is not on in the first pictures. It has been replaced with a brand new piece. I will update the pic as soon as I am able.

Name:  back.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  bottom.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  base3.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  77.9 KB

Please PM if you have any questions. I work Tuesday through Saturday away from home, and my work computers are fairly restricted (Federal Gov't) so please be patient. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by aboothman; 06-08-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
this is just for one seat, or a set?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 RS, wannabe Sti
One seat.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
wow
Old 06-08-2008, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Fast
Show me a similar setup that is complete, with a seat half as good as this for for less. These seats are $1200 each new from most retailers.

Keep in mind, a seat base will run you $100 - $135, depending who you go through. I neglected to mention that this has a Recaro universal seat base that cost me $100 as well. It is nice, because it lowered the seat another 1/2" or so.

As I said, go browse Evolution-m.net. These go for $1200 a pair on average, depending on condition. You can get the Alcantra ones a little cheaper sometimes. I actually wish I had a pair of them, since red is the accent color for my car. Oh well, all black leather is pretty sick :banana:

I know that stuff usually goes for less on the NorCal classifieds here, but I figured some locals may want it. I am getting real good feedback on NASIOC, so I am sure it will not last long. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by aboothman; 06-08-2008 at 11:12 PM.