NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Built motor no oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:44 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Built motor no oil pressure

Hello guys I had plans of putting this built motor into another wrx but things change and im going in a new direction with my build. Background info basic ej205 wrx motor I had all the machine work done at performance engines in sacramento. I got all the proper machine work done and I built this motor myself and when came start up time it turns on no problem but oil pressure dropped to 0 after 15 min. I split the block again thinking I used too much silicone to seal the case halves but ended up finding out it had to do with my bearing clearances. I was planning on buying a new crank and standard bearings but I changed directions with my build. This engine literally has maybe 30 min or less of usage. For the time it ran it didnt have any problems. If you are interested and have any other questions please contact me at 530 383 0575

This is a 2.0 L ej205 complete long block(minus the manifolds etc.)
Stock compression CP pistons
Manley H-beam rods
Arp head studs
All oem gaskets
Killer B oil pick up tube
Stock Sti oil baffle
Ej25 Sti oil pan
New oil pump
New oil cooler
Block has been decked and honed
Cylinder heads have been cleaned and refreshed with oem parts
New gates timing belt
*one of the holes that is used on the coolant cross over pipe stripped out i put a timesert helicoil on it and didnt cause any leaks.

Im asking 1300 obo

Considering i bought a used motor for about 1k i think this is pretty reasonable also considering you know how to work on these engines. It will come with everything you need to put it together you just would need to buy a crank and bearings.

*serious inquiries only*