NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2L Monster ripped me off $300

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Overbear's Power Bottom

January 6th 2015 i purchased some slightly used tires off the i-club member 2L Monster and ended up being ripped off for $300. The tires are completely unusable according to three different tire shops. To the naked eye the tires looked perfect. The member Dan Thelen is the seller who actually is deployed and had his friend sell me the tires since Dan was not local. Long story short, as soon as the tires were inflated with as much as 15lbs of air the tire shop employees all noticed cracking around the edges of the bead on 3 of the 4 tires. Dan also had me meet his friend at night in a dark parking lot probably so it would be easier to hide the bad beads on the tires. I used a flashlight and couldnt see anything wrong with the tires that night and like I said you can not even see the damage until they are on the wheels slightly inflated. With Dan being someone in the U.S. Air Force, I wouldn't expect someone of honor to do this and rip me off for his own personal gain while deployed which gives him a curtain to hide behind. Instead Dan began blaming it all on me telling me I ruined the tires. His friend who sold me the tires is also in the military, air force, and wouldn't give me my money back either. Dan said he would have to wait until he returned home to help me, well, that turned out to be untrue as im still waiting. Just because someone is in the military shouldn't give them any reason to ever trust them, especially because some people are now using their title to take advantage of others. So now I'm out $300 AND I have to pay another $40 disposal fee for these useless tires.

I created this post so everyone would be aware of what happened to me and to not make the same mistake of buying parts/tires off 2L Monster. If you do buy used tires, make the seller go with you to a tire shop to get them installed before you even pay for them.

Update 3/8/15: So as you can see, many members including 2L Monster(Dan Thelen) and his friends started insulting, harassing and threatening me based off this post I created. I would have edited and deleted all this info if Dan could have contacted me like a civil person rather than a unprofessional jerk aswell as him and his buddies. I think anyone should read this whole thread to get a feel for how one is generally treated on iclub. This happens to tons of members besides me and is ridiculous. Beware of the members that teamed up against me in the following messages, as they're all friends and premeditate bad sales, getting into fights/jumping people at their meets if they don't like you and all around create a horrible community for people especially new members. This entire thread could have been avoided but members online decided to treat me poorly so I will not delete this. I still feel the exact same way as when I posted the original message.

Update 3/18/15:
Skip to page 21, updated with a new post proving the intentions and actions of the guy this entire post is related to. I haven't sent any harassing messages, texts, emails or anything in months since the sale if the tires. This just goes out to show and prove what SOME, not all, of the members online here intend on doing to members like myself. If you've ever done trades or sales/purchases with myself, I think they would vogue I'm a cool, nourmal, generous $$$, person. Glad I stopped replying after a few pages so I could capture the nenative personalities of the people online here who have no life besides iclub.

FYI Iclub:I joined here to meet people who also drive subarus and trade advice, trade parts and other kind of help my redneck *** could lend. Iv deff met a handful of real cool dudes, but there's a large amount of people ONLINE here who talk a lot of crap, insult others and who talk about ALOT of non subaru, off color topics and search for the next member to harass and stalk online. Be warned new members, some of the guys here online are hella shady and avoid them at all costs.

Last edited by Tren Hard; 03-18-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Overbear's Power Bottom

2L Monster ripped me off 0-image-358463866.jpg 2L Monster ripped me off 0-image-4227394264.jpg 2L Monster ripped me off 0-image-2340477876.jpg 2L Monster ripped me off 0-image-1630300227.jpg Pictures are not the best quality but this is all on one tires on the same wheel. I wanted to upload some pics as proof. Unfortunately the tires were mounted and the tire shop put my ****ty old tire back on. Rant over.
Attached Thumbnails 2L Monster ripped me off 0-image-2395683123.jpg  

Last edited by Tren Hard; 02-27-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
This doesn't belong on the classifieds. Used items are used.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:24 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Originally Posted by Heedz
This doesn't belong on the classifieds. Used items are used.
does trenhard belong here then? Because he's been used.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by LOLFUNCTION
does trenhard belong here then? Because he's been used.
youre used by Ian.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:26 PM

Car Info: No more Subaru
Originally Posted by Heedz
youre used by Ian.
based on how small the slits are I think both you and trenhard "used" the tires for dirty sex things.

Edit: THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT BY MOUNT THE TIRE!
Old 02-27-2015, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
He ripped you off.....you are ripped (because of all the pumping iron and steroids)....

I'm surprised he would mess with a guy as powerful as you always claim to be? He must be very tough or very crazy

Find the guy and 'Whoop his ***'
Old 02-27-2015, 03:33 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx wagon
Tires still for sale?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by glenspen
He ripped you off.....you are ripped (because of all the pumping iron and steroids).... I'm surprised he would mess with a guy as powerful as you always claim to be? He must be very tough or very crazy Find the guy and 'Whoop his ***'
He's afraid. He lost his ***** already!
Old 02-27-2015, 04:05 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Sounds like an idiot who doesn't understand the risks of buying used tires...

Of course it's impossible that they were damaged when they got mounted.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
No way, find him and go hard on his ***!

No pun intended......................or is it?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:55 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Had the same thing happen with a used set of tires that currently sit on my stockers. Its not something you notice with the eyeball test unmounted but definitely see it when tires are installed an inflated. I was planning on selling those tires too since they have 80% tread but not anymore. Sucks you got ripped off and thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Had the same thing happen with a used set of tires that currently sit on my stockers. Its not something you notice with the eyeball test unmounted but definitely see it when tires are installed an inflated. I was planning on selling those tires too since they have 80% tread but not anymore. Sucks you got ripped off and thanks for the heads up.
Hey look. A not troll.

I don't like Trenhard but kudos to him for giving others a heads up. $300 down the drain sucks.

Same thing applies to buying used rims. I bought a set on here and the member was will known and had good rep. Turned out they were bent and it cost me another $200 to fix them. Eventually the guy stopped responding. Similar story with some speakers I bought. Shame people use a forum people think they can trust each other in to take advantage of others.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Overbear's Power Bottom

Thanks for keeping my post bumped while I was gone you yolos(you only lifted once). 2L Monster ripped me off 0-image-3531329724.jpg lolfunction, go crash your car and get off Iclub please. Grow up. I don't have countless hours to spend on iclub lol stay off my stuff Iv been pretty cool by not posting on all your stuff. I'm way too busy nowadays between being self employeed and studying chem than to have to waste my time talking to you.

Last edited by Tren Hard; 02-27-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Overbear's Power Bottom

Originally Posted by Baliztik
Hey look. A not troll. I don't like Trenhard but kudos to him for giving others a heads up. $300 down the drain sucks. Same thing applies to buying used rims. I bought a set on here and the member was will known and had good rep. Turned out they were bent and it cost me another $200 to fix them. Eventually the guy stopped responding. Similar story with some speakers I bought. Shame people use a forum people think they can trust each other in to take advantage of others.
thanks for hearing me out. Yeah going to school part time and working is hard to make a lot of money.... I don't get financial aid or any of that, and my parents don't give me money or pay for my car. So three months ago $300 kinda hurt. I was still a serving food then. Just my cellphone bill... I'm 23.

Quick Reply: 2L Monster ripped me off $300