NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

~~ JDM STi Recaro's RARE ~~

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Sponsor

Car Info: HSPN STI Track Car
Reputation added!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:01 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
I think he saw an opportunity to maybe make some money and he went for it. and this thread was just a little premature. He obviously thought he was going to win the auction for them. Without supporting, or condoning, I understand.

But this is a small tight community, so you should expect something like this to blow up in your face. It happens..
thats what i was thinking as well. like maybe he committed to buying them then realized he shouldnt really be buying them to begin with. and there are a lot of people who turn around and sell parts for more than they bought it for. its just alarming when the turn around is so immediate
Old 11-27-2010, 12:02 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 36 (12 members and 24 guests)
Alliedforces86, subbiedood, dimsumboi, code3suby, blue04WRX, HSPN.com, indolegend89, k-dogg39, zamorajoel, kpgluten, JamesGRrallye

Lol I think this is the most members I've ever seen in a single thread..The 24 guests are probably from socalsubies.
Ha bro trust me. I've seen like 4 lines of members viewing a thread before. I think It was the hate threads after bam x
Old 11-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Sponsor

Car Info: HSPN STI Track Car
Still can't believe this and had to update my post after thinking about why this is such a serious offense:

You can argue that you simply stated you had an opportunity to sell these:
Originally Posted by woocabin
this is just an opportunity that I am happy to open up to some mature Subaru owners.
But you also stated:
Have both seats, driver and passenger. Includes bracket/slider for both seats.
Just like other thread, item is in San Diego, but if there is serious interest, I will bring them up.
Other than the ridiculous facts you make up (like $3000 shipped from Japan) I don't care that you qualified your post by writing:
NO RUSH to sell. Just Testing Waters.
Why? Because you state you had seats in your possession and you suggest you own the seats.

It would be wrong for you to take money from anybody under any of the lies you have perpetrated!!! I often read of members of our beloved community (IWSTI.com, RS25.com, Nasioc.com, I-club.com, SoCalSubies.com, or NorCalSubies.com among many others), who complain of people who they have paid for parts sold on the forums. Unfortunately, they didn't do enough to protect themselves and the person who took their money either left town or makes up some bullsh!t story about how they used the money to pay rent, fix their car, or pay medical bills, or WORSE, they never had the parts to begin!

We hate those people. I am not saying you would do that, but had you found yourself in a bind and you had this extra money on hand, then could do that.

But Would you do that? I don't know, but I do know what you did here is exactly what the people who we label as scammers have done in the past. And this is exactly how those scammer stories start out.

Fortunately, subie enthusiasts support one another and someone tipped me off to what you were trying to do, so we prevented the second half of the story from happening. Maybe we stopped a scam in its tracks, maybe you made a mistake, but you owe everyone in the Subaru community (at least on this forum) an apology for trying to sell something you didn't own nor did you have possession of in spite of telling them that you did!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:39 AM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
Wow, my sincere apologies. I just got overly excited about the seats because I've seen people with them and just fell in love. You are right, it was wrong of me to say that they are in my possession, I said that because the auction ends in one more day and pretty much I would be the owner of them.

And no I am not a scammer, you can tell from my previous reputation here that I have sold honestly and genuinely. Not too many scammers that give away parts for free eh? Even with the finances, it wouldn't be such a HUGE money making process, The auction at last which I saw was $1110, by myself, and I expected it to go up to around $1500. At that point which I would probably just keep for a while, because honestly they are super rare jdm goodness that everybody wants.

Sorry this sounded so sketch to everyone. I'll never try anything like this again. This all started because I mainly needed some damn money for tuition, paying 24k a year out of your *** when your only 20 years old ain't an easy job, especially with a double major.

I never had any intentions on scamming anyone like HSPM assumed and was planning to pick them up on my way home for Christmas Break from San Fernando Valley and bring them all the way home. None of that bs online scam, I'm not smart enough to pull one of those.

but anyway, happy trolling and reading everyone!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:55 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Yeah I don't find you to be the "scammer" type. You're on here too frequent and have been a member for awhile as well. People just don't like seeing this kind of thing, and it raises alarms. Good luck with the fund raising. I know that **** can be hard.