Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

"We were movin' bro" - Big Al, Dynoflash

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX
Intro

**Just realized the quote I used for the title of this thread might mislead people into thinking I'm Al from Dynoflash. Sorry about that.

Hi all. Thanks for having me and I'm glad to be here. I live in the Central Valley and I drive a 2007 Satin Pearl White TR. If anyone here commutes on HWY 26, I've probably seen you. I usually pass three WRX's during my drive. A silver 2010, a blue 08-09, and a red 06-07.

So far, this is the best car I've ever owned. I'm running completely stock at the moment. About ready to pull the trigger on a TBE, just researching remedies for boost creep before I do. It looks like porting and polishing the wastegate would fit the bill. I am mechanically adept, but I don't know if I trust myself to do it. Can anyone recommend a machine shop or performance shop that offers this service?

Cars aside, I like to hike, snowboard, and play lots of Battlefield 3 on Xbox Live. When I have the time that is. I pretty much work my life away, but that's just how it goes in the industry I serve.

Just wanted to say hello. Hopefully, I will get to meet up with you all at a meet one day.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by crypto209; 12-31-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Welcome! As far a shop.... I havent used any but when I do (hopefully this year) I will going to EQ in Fairfield.

Come out to a meet.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/centra...b-meet-233392/
Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM

Car Info: RWD SR20/Impreza
Welcome! glad to see shops registering here
Old 01-03-2012, 09:05 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Welcome aboard.

I Play COD on PS3
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
You watch Al's vids too huh. I thought I was the only one on I-club who did he's back btw
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Car Info: NA
Welcome to the forums! Modding your car for the first time is a great feeling :]
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Ecks769,

Thanks, I will check them out. I'm also looking at FFtec in Hayward.

Sigma Pi,

I have all of the COD's, including MW3. Do yourself a favor, buy BF3. I could never play MW3 again. Most of my buddies have converted. I like to say COD is an arcade game, and BF3 is a simulation.

LOL VTEC,

Dynoflash videos crack me up, and they seem to build some great cars too.

RiSky and Masanori,

Thanks for the welcome.

I have an idea I'd like to get some feedback on. I have two years of payments left on my 07 WRX, and according to KBB it has held its value very well. I am contemplating the risks and benefits of selling the 07 for a newer STI. I know the engine in the WRX is capable of making the horsepower and torque I am after, being that it is a very similar setup to an STI, but I would be lacking the good 6 speed transmission with DCCD, the upgraded suspension and brakes. If the cost of adding these upgrades to the WRX is close to the amount of the difference between my 07's value and an STI, it seems the better option would be to trade up. Any thoughts?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Damn most of SCIC is on BF3 I stayed with COD.

I may have to go to their house to try it.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Not sure how much you know about the game, but what sold me was:

Fully destructible environments. Enemy behind a wall? Hit it with an rpg and blow that section of wall down. If you put enough explosives or tank rounds into a building, the entire thing will collapse.

Bullet drop. Taking out enemies at a distance is a challenge. Gravity affects all projectiles.

Large maps. I can't stand getting killed 20 times in COD because of the spawning. Hell, one capture point in BF3 is almost the size of an entire COD map. Speaking of spawning, you can spawn on your team mates or in their vehicles. So you aren't constantly having to traverse the map.

The ability to spot out targets for other players. Put your crosshairs on an enemy soldier, tank, or aircraft, hit a button, and it will be displayed on the mini map for entire team to see. If you are a squad leader, you can also call out which capture points to defend or attack, getting you more points towards weapons and rank.

A server browser. Allows you to see how many players are in a server, the servers ping, what maps are in the rotation, what the rules are (i.e. friendly fire, kill cams, health regeneration.)

Better weapon attatchments and gadgets. You can even select between fire modes on weapons which support it. Squad organized teams with the ability to speak to your team, or just your squad.

And best of all, I have yet to run into any e-thugs in BF3.