Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Subie Hopeful!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 PM

Car Info: Subaru Outback-future
Subie Hopeful!!

Hey guys, a friend told me to go on this site because he knows i have a LARGE interest in getting a subaru! I am aiming for a Subaru outback, probably going to get it used and get an older model. My budget is (going to be, since i hafta wait until i get my license and my parents get the funds) about 15 k, so if you guys have any offers for an outback (or any car, really) then please inform me. Glad to be on here!!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Welcome to iclub! glad u found your way here. haha
Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
15k is a lot of money and should get you pretty much any subaru you want assuming its used. You could look into WRX's, STi's and Legacys also. Remember to leave a little money left over for mods haha and basic maintenance once you get the car.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 PM

^He could, but he prefers a Subaru Outback because he likes the roomy-ness of it. Also, I remember the OP telling me that the outback was more practical for the future.

But i do agree, 15k is alot of money.

Correct me if im wrong though Purplelingo.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
He did say older model outback with 15k budget... that means lots of mods lol
Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 PM

A lot.. and lot.. and lot of mods.. im going to be jealous.

When i was looking at outbacks with him, we were looking at something not too old, but starting from 09 and down, since the 09 models seem to be the tipping point of 15k.

Last edited by theoutbackdream; 02-27-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Welcome to the club!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 AM

Car Info: 2005 Forester XT
Welcome! Wow imagine was your can do if you got an older outback for 3 or 4k and all that other money for mods lol :-)
Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Welcome aboard!

You should be able to get one in great shape for that much
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM

Car Info: NA
How old are you?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 AM

Car Info: Subaru Outback-future
Thanks guys!! Yes, now that i look at it 15 k is a lot, and yes a LOTof diy mods will be underway once i get the car!! And i am 16, pretty young. And about the whole "do i only want the outback", i am open for ANY subie, and a wrx sedan or an STI hatchback would be HELLA raw! But the outback is a very time-friendly car, since it could be used in the future for family trips or road trips.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX PREMIUM
You want a WRX. You're 16 and shouldn't be worried about a family. Lol but a wrx will pull you some tail if you hook it up. Than you might have to worry about it. Yep get an outback.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Hahaha HELLA raw... I haven't used that in a while...

Can I ask why an outback?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
Not hating on the outbacks, but 16 years old....15k budget.....dude get a WRX wagon and stance it out....
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM

I know the OP pretty well, and the reason he wants an outback is because it is more practical for the present and future. Also, he isn't one of those teenagers who likes to show off and be the one with the best. He is a calm-collective kid, and prefers an outback over the Impreza WRX or WRX STI because the amount of cargo space, and as mentioned the practicality.

Also, I hope i dont break bonds with you, but his family is a bit unstable in the current recession, so i would suspect even the smallest jump from octane 89 to the recommended 91 would break the bank for them.

Edit:
This many show some light to others.. The reason why I prefered the Impreza Outback Sport over a Turbo charged engine over 200hp was because I felt that I would become a very reckless and dangerous driver knowing that I have a turbo. Due to that, it may have ripped the teenage hormones right out of me, and straight to my foot, where Speed would increase. I honestly don't know how to drive as someone who has been experienced for more than 10years of driving. So I wanted a safe car, that would be practical, as well as have the lowest amount of HP possible. I know some will argue HP doesn't kill, but I would prefer to stay on the safe side of the waters, and get an engine that won't break traction even when pushed. For example, I can push a 53hp engine around a corner, and It wont likely spin out due to too much power to the wheels. However, If I had a 300hp around a curve, I could possibly loose control as traction breaks. And If i dont have the experience of someone with 10years + driving, I could possibly harm an innocent family which I DO NOT want to do. Without having the vast knowledge of driving, putting me in a Turbo charged car will only lead me to troubles. These troubles can take away my life, anothers life, and I become a potential hazard to others on the road.

Too add on, I don't want too be seen by neighbors or peers as the "A$$hat who bought a fast car to get girls". No thats not me. In my opinion, if its a subaru, you will have fun. But the power will lack at times, but either way, I'm driving a subaru. And so far, I have loved my N/A Subaru.

---To those who disagree with my thoughts, I can't blame you, nor will I argue, as each has its own opinion. However, when I am still under 2 years of real driving, I personally would like a car that will be safe, and not cause me to be reckless. Also, I believe it is the best for me to learn to drive a lower HP engine first, and gradually go up as I feel like I have progressed safely in driving.

---Why do I not want a higher HP car for a first car?
Well, to answer that, I honestly dont want to die at a young age due to my own hormones choosing a car that I felt was a must to feed my hormones. Too add on, 3 teenagers at our school with 300+hp cars have already crashed. 1 was almost killed, while the other 2 only faired some minor injury from what I was told.

Last edited by theoutbackdream; 02-27-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Subie Hopeful!!