Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Invited

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:58 AM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru WRX STi Launch Edition
Invited

Our story begins at the First International Auto Show in Honolulu that was no more than two weeks ago. I was wearing my Blue STi hoody and of course, checking out the Subaru's and especially the BRZ (my wife is interested in buying one). A gentlemen who I believe was a salesman, asked me if I had an STi? After replying in the affirmative, he asked if I had joined iclub yet?

"iclub, what's that?"

"i-dash-club-dot-com. Check it out."

So I did. My name's Curve. Been a fan of Subaru's for a long time. My uncle owned two early 90's Legacy wagons which are still on the road, along with a 93 or 94 SVX that's rarely driven. My parents had a early-mid 80's legacy wagon and a BRAT. Finally got my head on right and bought one in October.. and went for a Plasma Blue STi. I love every minute I spend in that car.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:14 AM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Welcome man! I-club is full of friendly people, you'll see!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 AM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
Welcome Curve!

I beat ya Hide! We need to make a tally
Old 04-01-2013, 05:57 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Imprezard
Welcome Curve!

I beat ya Hide! We need to make a tally
ERMAHGERD I WAS SLEEPING ALREADY!

lame.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Welcome to i-club!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 2008 SSM WRX Premium
Welcome Curve!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru WRX STi Launch Edition
Just wondering if anyone has input, but I was looking into putting the SPT exhaust on my car. I wanted something that sounds more aggressive and will add to the car's performance factor, but probably down the road.

I've watched a few youtube videos and I definitely like the way it sounds. I've also considered a MagnaFlow, but to be honest, I know very little about tuning cars. Give me something OEM to fix or replace, no problem, but tuning I have no clue.

Also, would I need a tune after replacing catback?

Last but not least, I have the Plasma Blue Subie. Super Hellatones: Red, Pink, Silver, or Black? The blue offered was Rally Blue.. just didn't fit with the darker blue of my car.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 AM

Car Info: his wife crazy
Originally Posted by Curve
Just wondering if anyone has input, but I was looking into putting the SPT exhaust on my car. I wanted something that sounds more aggressive and will add to the car's performance factor, but probably down the road.

I've watched a few youtube videos and I definitely like the way it sounds. I've also considered a MagnaFlow, but to be honest, I know very little about tuning cars. Give me something OEM to fix or replace, no problem, but tuning I have no clue.

Also, would I need a tune after replacing catback?

Last but not least, I have the Plasma Blue Subie. Super Hellatones: Red, Pink, Silver, or Black? The blue offered was Rally Blue.. just didn't fit with the darker blue of my car.
Welcome to the club!

As far as catbacks, I have an Invidia Q300 single tip catback installed. I like the fact that the tone is mellow during normal cruising and beasty when I get on it. I also have a catless downpipe and EL headers. My buddy has the SPT option and it is throaty imo at all rpm ranges. You can definitely hear it inside his car. I'll post a video clip of the Invidia when I get it uploaded.

Also, installing only a cat back will not require a tune. Only when you replace the stock downpipe with an aftermarket piece will you need a re-tune (most popular method is the Cobb AccessPort).

For the Hellas, I would go with black on the PBP, but that's my opinion. The choice is up to you. I have red horns with my black pearl. They go together well as the interior is black with red stitching.

Hope this helps, and again welcome to the club.

-Chris