Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 2000 Outback Limited
Howdy

Hello, my wife and I just purchased our first Subaru and I wanted to take a moment to step in and introduce myself. For the record I am no stranger to internet forums, and used this one a lot while researching this purchase.

As a bit of a background as to what brought me/us to this, last summer we had purchased her mother's car, a 2000 Lincoln Town Car which was a beast to drive. However its huge-iosity came in handy two weeks ago when some lunatic jumped the median and collided with my wife during rush hour traffic. The car was totalled but she was mostly unhurt. As luck would have it the other guy had insurance and with the check in hand we searched for something close to the sheer volume of interior space that the Lincoln provided, but not actually as dammed big. It came down in fact to a Forrester or a Honda CR-V, but when the '00 Outback showed up at a local lot with a solid maintenance history, we didn't mind going a bit bigger. Still smaller than the Lincoln, too, and without that irritating air suspension. As a private aside, back in 1982 my dad took me a Subaru/VW dealership and we took a spin in a Brat AT. We didn't get it (ended up with a Volvo 740), but ever since I hopped in those jump seats I have secretly desired a Subaru, so this fulfills a personal goal for me. Of course a Baja would've been nice but they are still a bit pricey on the used market.

Anyway, the car is an 00 Outback Limited, two owner with a documented maintenance history and 140k on the clock. Belts and water pump were replaced at 110k, head gaskets at 74k. In fact between the two owners there is a paper trail between the original dealership-of-sale and two local shops for all the work done up until now. We pick it up in a couple days. Can't wait.

Last edited by Tylerman; 02-07-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Typographical error.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Congrats on the purchase!! Glad she was OK after that accident. The brat would have been a fun ride hahaha.

My Subaru has 185k on it and still on the original motor and clutch.

Welcome aboard
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Welcome to the club

Congrats on the new/used car, sounds like it was well taken care of
Old 02-16-2011, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 2000 Outback Limited
So as an aside to my introduction, wherebouts on this site will I find the most info specific to the Outback? As I understand it is a descendant of the Legacy, yes? So in the "Other Models/Legacy" subforum or is it considered enough of a front line model to be included in the main forums along with WRXs and STis?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
Welcome to the club!