Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Boost controller and fuel pump = <3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Boost controller and fuel pump = <3

I have 2 different guys giving me different advice. One says if I install a boost controller and boost up my psi I dont need a bigger fuel pump. I got another guy saying I need the bigger Fuel pump if I am planning on pushing out more PSI so I do not run lean... whose right? its for a 2003 wrx stock turbo but with full exhaust system and cold air intake no cats!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by knightsnke
I have 2 different guys giving me different advice. One says if I install a boost controller and boost up my psi I dont need a bigger fuel pump. I got another guy saying I need the bigger Fuel pump if I am planning on pushing out more PSI so I do not run lean... whose right? its for a 2003 wrx stock turbo but with full exhaust system and cold air intake no cats!

I could be wrong but raising static fuel pressure in a wrx will not equate to more fuel going into the cylinders, at least not a measurable precise amount.
sounds like you are not looking to do alot of addons to your car, but you are looking for a little more power.

I reccommend getting a cobb ap. The OTS, or off the shelf maps should give you what you are looking for, and you may be able to find a used Version 1 model for as low as $150......

I know you have had you subaru for awhile and know these things, but i will share my experience with you anyway. I came over from the honda world where you could throw anything at it parts wise and it would run fine. This is not so with our turbo cars. I learned this the hard way throwing on an exhaust, intake, intercooler, and my car ran like shioooootttt until i got it tuned.