New to the WRX and New to Boston area. Looking for car stereo help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:09 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
Question New to the WRX and New to Boston area. Looking for car stereo help

Good afternoon folks. I jsut recently bought an 05 WRX. I love it. I've already started doing some mods but am trying to take my time as I dont want to ruin the warranty on the vehicle. However, one mod that needs to be done is the stereo. The stock stereo has got to go!!!! It rattles like crazy and the sound quality sucks, probably because I was used to my stereo from my previous car. Long story short I went to Tweeter to get an estimate on how much it would cost to put everything in: 850 BUCKS!!!!! Are you kidding??? As a result I have decided to do it myself and save the money for future mods. However, being new to the WRX I am wary about just starting to take things apart. I am wondering if there is anyone who might be able to spend some time with a WRX newbie and help me get most of this stuff in. Some sort of monetary compensation can be arranged (obviously nowhere near 850 bucks though, sorry hahahaha). If you can help me or point me to somone who can install all I need to for considerable less, it would be greatly appreciated. Or any help/advice in general would be awesome. Thanks so much!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 07:30 PM
KC

Car Info: 2003 STX Pro-Solo/Solo-II National Champion
Originally Posted by DittySAE
Good afternoon folks. I jsut recently bought an 05 WRX. I love it. I've already started doing some mods but am trying to take my time as I dont want to ruin the warranty on the vehicle. However, one mod that needs to be done is the stereo. The stock stereo has got to go!!!! It rattles like crazy and the sound quality sucks, probably because I was used to my stereo from my previous car. Long story short I went to Tweeter to get an estimate on how much it would cost to put everything in: 850 BUCKS!!!!! Are you kidding??? As a result I have decided to do it myself and save the money for future mods. However, being new to the WRX I am wary about just starting to take things apart. I am wondering if there is anyone who might be able to spend some time with a WRX newbie and help me get most of this stuff in. Some sort of monetary compensation can be arranged (obviously nowhere near 850 bucks though, sorry hahahaha). If you can help me or point me to somone who can install all I need to for considerable less, it would be greatly appreciated. Or any help/advice in general would be awesome. Thanks so much!!!!!!!
http://www.nasioc.com 90% of the New England subaru folks are on that forum.

--kC