New MA guy here...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:34 AM

Car Info: '02 Stage 2 WRX
New MA guy here...

Hello there folks. Just checking in with the New Englanders first as I am now finally getting into posting on this site. I live in Easton MA.. about 20 minutes south of Boston, right off rt. 24. Anyways, I've got an 02 WRB 'Rex (5-spd) that's bone stock with the exception of the black headlight mod which I did about two weeks ago. I would love to hit up some MA-area Subie meetings in the future and meet fellow owners. I've been a huge fan of WRX's ever since I heard of them coming to the States and now I've finally gotten the chance to own one. I won't be doing any mods to it in the very near future as I have to stockpile money for the winter to cover my monthly loan/insurance payments (I've got one year of school left so I can't work full-time over the winter). I'll be able to squeeze a few things for X-mas from the girlfriend but other than that it's money saving time. It's a shame, too... I can definitely see the potential in this car. I've done a bit of lurking on this site prior to posting so I've already gotten an idea of what I'd like to do first. I'm going to get some Perrin springs to kill the 4x4 look without killing the stock struts TOO bad (I'll get coilovers in the future, just not very near future), Helix up-pipe (maybe DP too, if I can convince the g/f...heh), and eventually Cobb AccessPort. Those should hold me over for a little while until I can get more into the bigger and better things. My car is currently wingless, but I'm looking to do a trade for a WRB trunklid with a regular WRX spoiler on it (Hell, even an STI one would be nice!). If anyone is interested, let me know!

Anyways, sorry for the long first post but I hope to see some of you around both on here and on the streets! Take care

Alex

Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 AM
KC

Car Info: 2003 STX Pro-Solo/Solo-II National Champion
Nice car.

I would love to hit up some MA-area Subie meetings in the future and meet fellow owners.
Check http://www.nasioc.com in the New England Forum for all New England Subaru Impreza Club events. Nothing against this forum, just that we've been there since the beginning of any subaru forum... and never switched when new ones arrived.

There's a couple meets coming up and a softball game on the 14th. Add onto that other driving events like auto-x, track days, etc... all get announced over there.

--kC
Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 PM

Car Info: '02 Stage 2 WRX
Originally Posted by KC
Nice car.

Check http://www.nasioc.com in the New England Forum for all New England Subaru Impreza Club events. Nothing against this forum, just that we've been there since the beginning of any subaru forum... and never switched when new ones arrived.

There's a couple meets coming up and a softball game on the 14th. Add onto that other driving events like auto-x, track days, etc... all get announced over there.

--kC
Awesome... I will go check it out! Thank you