woodbridge vdot meet #2

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:59 AM

Car Info: white sti
woodbridge vdot meet #2

from ryan's original post:
It is that time again boys and girls time for all kinds of people that drive all kinds of cars to meet up and enjoy each others style of modding their vehicles. Meet #2 will be held on Saturday, April 2nd, 2005 starting at 7:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. (if everything goes as planned). Here are directions for people who were not able to go to the first meet....

This is a meet for everyone and anyone.....bring as many people as possible. There are several clubs that are coming from the north and south. The more people the merrier, but unlike other meets, good behavior will be enforced!!!!!

You cannot miss the lot because the exit ramp coming off of I-95N actually circles around the lot. The lot is located in Woodbridge, Virginia.

Directions from regions south of Woodbridge....
Take I-95 North towards Washington and look for the Route 123 exits. There are 2 exits and you need to take the second one (the exit # is 160B). When you get off onto the second Route 123 exit it will circle around the commuter lot and you can exit right into the lot off of the exit ramp.

Directions from regions north of Woodbridge....
Take I-95 South towards Richmond and get off at exit 161 (Route 1). It is a left exit off of I-95 so watch out for this. Once on the exit, be careful of speed traps right after you pass under the overpass because the speed limit drops down to 35mph. Go thru the first traffice light, cross over the bridge, go thru the second traffic light. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Gordon Blvd/Route 123. Stay in the right hand lane, continue on through the first traffic light and then you will see a sign for the "commuter lot". Make a right at the second traffic light and continue on down the road, pass the hotel on your left, go under the overpass and enter into the commuter lot.

If you still are not sure on how to get there, just hit me up on my cell....(703) 501-6444

Hope to see a bunch of you there. Lets make this meet bigger and better than the last one!
-Ryan
http://pwcmap.pwcgov.org/scripts/esr...find1=5&gigo=1
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2z=22192&2ah=
Old 04-01-2005, 04:29 AM

Car Info: STI Track Car, Titan Tow Vehicle, Mazda3 DD
Considering I live only about 2 miles from this, I think I'll have to check it out.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:20 PM

cool tim. see you there
Old 04-03-2005, 09:39 AM

despite the dark skies, chilly air, and wet grounds...mother nature decided to be nice and keep the rain away until about 10:45 last night. we would like to put a big THANK YOU out there to all the people that decided to brave the weather and attend the meet. we had a total of about 200 cars show up for the meet and everything ran smooth. there were no complaints about people trying to set up races or being stupid except for the occasional fly by on 123, but that was to be expected. also, another big THANK YOU to everyone who added to the donation bucket. it was a big help when it came time to paying for the police officer and will allow us to do more things at the future meets when the weather starts to warm up. there will be raffles, hot dog cookouts, music provided by a dj, vendor booths for the sponsors, and maybe even a bikini contest during the summer months. again THANK YOU to everyone who attended and hope to see everyone at the next meet on may 7, 2005.

ryan, bj, matt
Old 04-03-2005, 04:53 PM

Car Info: STI Track Car, Titan Tow Vehicle, Mazda3 DD
200 cars?! After the downpour and threatening weather I thought for sure it would be cancelled. Oh well...I'll try to check out the next one.