Official August 6th Virginia WRX Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:07 PM
banned

Car Info: 2004 STi
Official August 6th Virginia WRX Meet

06 Aug Autocross TBA Richmond Raceway Complex TBA

VMSC.org is holding a autocross event at Richmond International Raceway in parking lot C, which is accessible from Gate 2 on Laburnum Avenue.

Drivers who want to enter their car . From VMSC Site Note: We will be allowed to hold events at RRC only under very specific guidelines. We will not be able to allow anyone into the venue without signing the insurance waiver at the gate. Everyone who comes to the event will receive a packet of information describing the ground rules for our use of the lot. Please respect the guidelines of the RRC and be mindful of how lucky we are to have use of this venue.

Meeting Spot will be on the East Laburnum Avenue Side shown on the map , there are a few fast food locations and gas stations there . Not sure which one will be a meeting up spot but I will go out there tonight and find one that will be the best to use . Most likely a gas station .

Time of the day will be posted shortly .

Driving Directions to the Raceway

From the North:

Travel I-95 to Exit 82, take Chamberlayne Avenue (301), turn left at third traffic light onto Azalea Avenue, follow signs (2.5 miles).
OR Travel I-95 to Exit 43 onto I-295 South. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

From the South:

Travel I-95 to Exit 82 (DO NOT TAKE FAIRGROUND EXIT 76-A), at end of exit ramp turn right on Chamberlayne Avenue (301), at a second traffic light turn left onto Azalea Avenue, follow signs (2.5 miles).
OR Travel I-95 to Exit 45 onto I-295 North. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

From the West:

Travel I-64 east to Exit 186, turn left at end of exit ramp onto Laburnum Avenue, follow Laburnum about 2 miles to Richmond Raceway Complex.
OR Travel I-64 to Exit 177 onto I-295. Follow I-296 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

From the East:

Travel I-64 west to Exit 195, turn right at end of exit ramp onto Laburnum Avenue, about five miles to Richmond Raceway Complex.
OR Travel I-64 West to Exit 200 onto I-295 North. Follow I-295 to Exit 38-B - Meadowbridge Road. Travel Meadowbridge Road approximately five miles; the entrances will be on the left.

After the Autocross event or when we get bored lol there is a indoor go kart track with-in 1 mile from the track located on Carolina Ave . ( see Map )

gforcekarts.com or http://www.gforcekarts.com/mypage.html?pg=CarClubs

RiR is also holding another event the same day called the ( Big Flea ) most likely a huge yard sale somewhere on the property .

meet info posted on the following

clubwrx
iwsti
nasioc
wrxfanatics
wrxforum

so a good amount should show up .

p.s. bring some subaru parts , some may buy something from you , you never know .

from VMSC

All events are open to spectators. We do have to ask everyone to sign the insurance waiver....required by our insurance.

The event itself is open to everyone. We only have a few members-only events each year, and those are well advertised as such.

You should open an acount and pre-register, that's the best way of getting in. Show up around 9am, pay the registration fee, get your car tech inspected, and be ready to do your work assignment. when it's your turn. VMSC is a very friendly club, long timers are always willing to help newcomers.

See you there on the 6th,
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 AM
banned

This Sunday
Old 08-04-2006, 03:36 PM
banned

sux I'm out , work called gotta work 7am to 8pm sunday .