Thunderhill ~ Fri., Nov. 16th

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:54 PM

Car Info: Spec Miata racecar #36
Thunderhill ~ Fri., Nov. 16th

Hey Everyone! I just thought I best remind you all that our next event is coming up on Friday, November 16th at Thunderhill Raceway Park. Cost is as always $225 per driver and includes morning coffee service, snacks, Gatorade and bottled waters, a catered lunch, professional instruction, and TWO HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES OF TRACK TIME. We will restrict novice group to 20 drivers, intermediate to 25, and advanced to 28. Don't be left out! If we are lucky, we'll have a smaller turn-out with beautiful weather (as has been so in the past four years). This is our fifth anniversary event -- expect a great show!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Bonster
Hey Everyone! I just thought I best remind you all that our next event is coming up on Friday, November 16th at Thunderhill Raceway Park. Cost is as always $225 per driver and includes morning coffee service, snacks, Gatorade and bottled waters, a catered lunch, professional instruction, and TWO HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES OF TRACK TIME. We will restrict novice group to 20 drivers, intermediate to 25, and advanced to 28. Don't be left out! If we are lucky, we'll have a smaller turn-out with beautiful weather (as has been so in the past four years). This is our fifth anniversary event -- expect a great show!
I would go but school mon-fri .
Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 03 wagon
I just plain can't afford that but how would it be to go and check it out? Worth a two hour drive? Apologies if this is a dumb question just wanna check it out.

thanks in avance

cory
Old 10-15-2007, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Bonnie, I'm going to try to make it. I'll know for sure later this week.

Can I run around in beginner class in the morning to get a feel for my new car? Going from AWD to RWD will be a bit different (plus I'll be on street tires) and I don't want to hold anyone up in Intermediate while I get a feel for the car. I would probably move up after a session or two.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Oh, and where do we sign up? Link?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Car Info: Spec Miata racecar #36
First question . . . yes, you may come on up and just be an observer. If you sign the track waiver (and our waiver), you can even ride along with an instructor or two. We can also provide you with a catered lunch for just ten bucks (gotta cover the meal plus the snacks and beverages you'll likely consume).

Second and third questions -- no problem starting out in novice and moving up, so long as there is room in intermediate. I doubt we'll fill intermediate though. If we do, just get to the hot pits early so that you can go out on track first. In fact, you may opt for that anyway. The reg form link direct is at www.onemain.com/~bonster/november.pdf

As always, let me know if you all have any other questions. As the great Mr. Garrison of South Park once said, "There are no stupid questions . . . just stupid people." Asking questions is how you learn -- and I am always here to answer them! Take care everyone!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 03 wagon
thanks for the response, I'll be there to spectate!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:41 AM

Car Info: '07 STI
hey bonnie! it's henry from mach iii. i believe i'll be attending this event with some ppl once again, but i'll make sure if Frank is there, he'll behave lol! sung said hi btw.

BUMP for one of the best track event groups EVER!!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM

what kind of cars normally turn out at your events???
i might sign up if i don't make the Volvo event