SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by Egan
Our Saturday game just got cancelled, so if you guys need to switch to Saturday, I am now free.
Think I'm still gonna check out HITG on Sunday for ****s and giggles. Hope you guys have a good ride @ S.Yuba. Call me but I'm just feeling HITG. If it sucks then maybe I'll just bomb down and hit Auburn again.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:54 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by Lowball
Think I'm still gonna check out HITG on Sunday for ****s and giggles. Hope you guys have a good ride @ S.Yuba. Call me but I'm just feeling HITG. If it sucks then maybe I'll just bomb down and hit Auburn again.
It's not that it is going to suck - it's that it is covered in snow and the guy who posted the link on mtbr didn't make it very far down the trail. We'll all go in a couple of weeks when the snow has melted.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

It's not that it is going to suck - it's that it is covered in snow and the guy who posted the link on mtbr didn't make it very far down the trail. We'll all go in a couple of weeks when the snow has melted.
Yeah, suck due to snow.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Lance - you're seriously going to go try and ride a trail you know is covered in snow and miss a sweet ride in S. Yuba ?

I hope HITG really isn't covered in snow so that you can have a good ride, but we'll miss you.

Or course, you could always wait just a few weeks, ride S. Yuba with us this week and hit HITG when we do soon
Old 06-01-2007, 08:19 AM

Car Info: Outback & semi worn out van
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Or course, you could always wait just a few weeks, ride S. Yuba with us this week and hit HITG when we do soon
Lance, it's not that we are abandoning the idea of riding HITG. From that guys description it sounds like it's unrideable right now. As soon as it thaws out, I want to go to HITG. S. Yuba should be fun too. And your buddies will be there.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM

Mr. Fuzzy

I was riding the Foresthill Connector trail today and as I was going thru a series of switchbacks, I noticed there was some dust that had been kicked up. I though I was catching another rider. I rounded a tight turn and saw a large bear lumbering along the trail in the same direction I was going! By the time I got slowed down he was only about 25 feet away. When he saw I was so close, he took a right and headed into the woods.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Damn!

I'm not riding with Randy anymore - he's like Bear attractant.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Damn!

I'm not riding with Randy anymore - he's like Bear attractant.
That's two bears he's seen now. The scary part is that the bear thought Randy was hunting him!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Today's ride was an epic ride. It sure meets the definition of single track. I don't think I can ride anything much narrower than that. Oh, and then there was THE CLIMB!

I had a great time. Thanks guys.

Lance, did you do HITG? If so, how was it?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Dude, talk about a beat down. I got rocked today. Whenever you see me dropping anchor in a public restroom before a ride, you know I'm in for a rough day

Some stats:

Distance: 15.87 miles
Total Climbing: 3188 ft
My Max Speed: 43.3mph
All MotionBased Data

One way I know this ride was hard as hell is that on our normal hammer-fests on connector+fdlt (where we avg. nearly 11mph) I burn about 1800 calories. Today, in 15.87 miles, I burned 3120

Some pics:

Randy going after one of those switch-backs:

Hike-a-bike:

Even though there's no pics, I think one of the funniest parts of the day is when we were all in the Long's parking lot tecnu'ing like mad

All pics: Here
Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RandyB2
Today's ride was an epic ride. It sure meets the definition of single track. I don't think I can ride anything much narrower than that. Oh, and then there was THE CLIMB!

I had a great time. Thanks guys.

Lance, did you do HITG? If so, how was it?
Glad you guys had a great time. Pic's look sweet! Sounds like a hell of a CLIMB!

HITG is of course snowed in. I made it up pretty far on the climb, but had to hike across the snow. Saw about 3 others doing the same thing. Climbing above 6000 foot elevation sure feels different then down in Auburn. I think you guys will really like the climb up. Pretty cool switch-backs and it's all pretty rideable. Think I ended up with about 10 miles as an out&back, but no PO .

Don't think I would have made 3000+ feet of climbing...sounds like Hell!!!

Last edited by Lowball; 06-03-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 PM
VIP Member

Can you ride with us next week? Probably an "easy" Auburn ride - Sunday maybe?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nachomc
Can you ride with us next week? Probably an "easy" Auburn ride - Sunday maybe?
The 10th looks open so far. I would say ride Downieville but they're having the "gathering" that weekend...but it's a must do this year. Last year I rode Packers Saddle>3rd Divide>1st Divide which takes you back to town. Did that as a shuttle and had a blast. Thought I would be able to make two runs but I was pretty worked after the 1st. Think now that I'm in better shape I could get two runs or some XC in the area + the DH...just can't be two tired while doing the DH or you could get all banged up like Egan did
Old 06-03-2007, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Well they do have a ride this weekend that does a similar ride to yours. I'm not sure I'm up to go all the way up there this weekend again - today I left the house at 6:50am and got home just after 5pm. That's a LOOOONGG day for a Sunday
Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

If we ride Auburn this weekend, you guys want to put in some miles?

I was thinking:

Start at confluence, climb Clementine to connector. Do connector and fdlt. Then either do fuel break, cross the foresthill bridge and ride mossy rock to stage coach and back down, or ride stonewall to confluence back to the cars.

What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: SRIC Mountain Bike Crew!