New Mondays Elk Grove/South Sac Meet - NOW WITH 33% LESS DRAMA!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Meh... I had something to add, but apparently you guys think I am just adding bull****, so I will withhold my thoughts.

Good luck with your meet!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Meh... I had something to add, but apparently you guys think I am just adding bull****, so I will withhold my thoughts.

No your thoughts are welcome
Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Lol @ the thread title...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by RodriguezGD
Awesome right? lol
Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
i lol'd too.

Soooooo Mon Sept 5th is a state holiday... maybe a meet spot between Roseville/Elk Grove? I know i should be off work from both jobs that day. Might get a good turnout with others that dont have work.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 AM

Car Info: Wrb bugeye

I was thinking the same thing.
the title is not accurate, I thought we established that its a good idea to state the location, time, and meet place, just as every other meet thread. ohwelz
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by tourexy
No your thoughts are welcome
Excellent...

true... and yeah it does matter homeboy... you plan on coming to the meets jourdan? or you just looking to BS on here too? ha ha..

But i dont mind Trexy taking over.. as long as he takes responsibilty of the thread and meets... thats all that matters... you got it Trexy?
Seriously, it does not matter. You don't need to have a single person running a meet. I don't understand why you guys feel the need for some special god like person to tell everyone what to do. It doesn't make any sense. I feel like you guys are just over complicating everything.

I posted before trying to help you guys... But doesn't seem like anyone read it or thought that I don't know what I am talking about...

As an outsider looking in... I have no idea where or when this meet is. The title of the thread is "Elk Grove Meet" That doesn't give me any info other than that there is a meet in Elk Grove.

You don't need to keep changing locations for a meet to be successful. In fact any given meet will be stronger if it stays in one chill spot. You guys need to find a nice spot that is relatively tucked away and has some amenities. All of the successful meets that I have been to and go to have these traits.

If you guys seriously want a proper meet, ditch this thread and make a new one. In the title and first post, put in as much info about the place and time as possible. You don't need a person to be running the show as long as the thread gets bumped so people see it and get reminded.

Here are some examples of some strong meets;

Official: WED Night Va-Jay-Jay Statue Meet 9pm

Official: VALLEJO STARBUCKS MEET, Tuesdays @ 5:30 PM

Official RS meet every sat 8pm @ starbucks gellert daly city

WINGSTOP MEET on CURTNER friday nights

In fact the South Bay Friday night meet has moved about a bit because of police enforcement... It was originally, Friday Night BLOSSOM HILL In-N-Out (Official Thread), then it became, Friday Night WING STOP meet with 100% more wings and 50% less cops! (Official Thread), and now it is the WINGSTOP MEET on CURTNER friday nights.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just pointing out some tips and tricks.

And this got sticky'd!??!?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Jourdan... Don't trip homie I was just kidding with you... Your always welcomed to write your thoughts on this thread...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
Excellent...

Seriously, it does not matter. You don't need to have a single person running a meet. I don't understand why you guys feel the need for some special god like person to tell everyone what to do. It doesn't make any sense. I feel like you guys are just over complicating everything.

I posted before trying to help you guys... But doesn't seem like anyone read it or thought that I don't know what I am talking about...

And this got sticky'd!??!?
Why not just update the first post like in the sac meet thread? =p
Old 08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by fuzzypanda187
Why not just update the first post like in the sac meet thread? =p
Honestly either way works.

Meets can thrive as they stay at the same location forever, but that can also bring unwanted attention.

Meets that move around, make it easier for ppl who live in certain areas and might get more/new members showing up in certain spots. Downside is that not everyone will show up if its a far drive for them. Pros/Cons.

If a meet is going to change locations offten, the OP MUST be kept up to date. For the 4+ months I was MIA at the meets, I still made it a point to keep everything current. If I were to ever stop going or not check iclub, then there would need to be another new Sac thread made (just as we made a new one once ryan "stepped down").
Old 08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
so just a bit of history..

the original Sac meets that we started in 2004 went well for a while, but what started to happen was that the "ricers" started to find out where the meet was each week (always in Natomas by Bel Air) and started showing up as well.

the idea to move the meet around each week actually works rather well. I know some people enjoy having the same spot every week, but moving it around will actually help the meet stick around and not turn into a burn-out contest as the original one did
Old 08-25-2011, 09:58 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
I love your avatar xevi

as long as the op keeps updating, it should be alright...now I wait for one closer to me than the boba tea house. the one time i went, practically no one showed up
Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by bobb126
i love your avatar xevi
!

bbb
Old 08-25-2011, 10:23 AM

The reason why I didn't put it like all the others is I wanted to change locations from time to time just to make things a bit more interesting. And yes I'll update the locations if we do decide to relocate. But if you guys have any ideas its always welcome so don't be shy
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
EG/Sac meet on Sept 5th sounds great, we have to start looking for a location between EG and Roseville

Quick Reply: New Mondays Elk Grove/South Sac Meet - NOW WITH 33% LESS DRAMA!