Elk grove meet!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Lmao, I'm sorry but this **** has gotten ridiculous and a bit entertaining for those reading who never go to these meets. Don't mean to be a dick, but this ****s pretty funny.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 something
Originally Posted by azer408
Lmao, I'm sorry but this **** has gotten ridiculous and a bit entertaining for those reading who never go to these meets. Don't mean to be a dick, but this ****s pretty funny.

ya bro, y'all just need to laugh
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
BUMP-anyone coming out 2moro?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM

I was going to stay the night out there yesterday, but I had a few things to take care of over here. Sorry dudes, miss going out to the meets.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by azer408
I was going to stay the night out there yesterday, but I had a few things to take care of over here. Sorry dudes, miss going out to the meets.
Yeah we miss you too!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 2007 STi SWP
Me and ken in the area, should be able to drop by around 730ish?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:35 PM

Got there ~7:50 not a single car in sight. LOL. Well, saw Josh w/ 06 Impreza right before we left. Cool guy. :-)
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 PM

Lmao
Old 07-26-2011, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Sedan
Why hasn't anyone else stepped up to organize these meets anymore? I've had to close every Monday at work this summer, otherwise I'd do it. Hell, I might still do it even if I can't go, provided people will actually start coming...
Old 07-26-2011, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by z0rz
Why hasn't anyone else stepped up to organize these meets anymore? I've had to close every Monday at work this summer, otherwise I'd do it. Hell, I might still do it even if I can't go, provided people will actually start coming...
i wasn't surprised. I passed by only cause i was in the area so i can confirm this is pretty much dead since the last few have had similar results.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by z0rz
Man have you seen my meet thread/posts cuz i try to get everyone to show but to no avail.Looks like nobody wants to go anymore, last 2 times i did nobody else went except 2 others. Our meets were better in colder weather, now that it's nice it should be popping, i don't get it.The meet is always at the same spot, so there needs no organizing or planning, every Monday at 7pm just show up, can't get any simpler than that really. Check the EG meet thread, hardly anyone commits to going anymore like before. Idk fellas, either you wanna go or not, i don't see why not cuz everyone is pretty chill & cool. Hopefully it'll pick back up soon before summer's over huh!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:54 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
What do you guys think about having a meet in the Target parking lot? Its enough space and has quite a few good tasting stores around
Old 07-26-2011, 01:15 PM
The Good Wife

Car Info: 2010 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by STiWRX06
...the meet is always at the same spot, so there needs no organizing or planning, every Monday at 7pm just show up, can't get any simpler than that really. Check the EG meet thread, hardly anyone commits to going anymore like before...
I think that there may be a reason why during some stretches you'll have great turnouts and some times no one showing up at all. Variety is one thing that keeps a meet active. There has to be activity, not just doing the same thing over and over again. It gets boring. If it has to be at the same place, find a place that has multiple places to choose from, (ie. a parking lot that might have a couple of restaurants, a coffee place, etc.) You can meet at that same place, but it give the attendees options. See where I'm going with this.

Also trying to go around an get other geographical areas, sac, stockton, etc. involved in a meet that has hit or miss attendees with no momentum is not a good idea. Most importantly, build a good solid core of people who are in the Elk Grove area. It is the Elk Grove Meet. I know, the Sacramento meet is not titled properly but that's not the point here and another discussion thats been beaten to death already.

After the meet begins to gain some solid traction, if it growing because the EG locals are coming out, you shouldn't have to promote the meet as strong as much. But that doesn't mean to stop updating the thread. Its easy to setup up a meet. Heck anyone can do that, post a place, date and time. But it takes some gentleness, consistency and some work to keep it going.

Then again what do I know, I just plan meets for Nissan heads.

Cliffs: Reoccurring meets require some work as well as variety and geographic oriented meets require locals in that area to be active in that meet otherwise whats the point.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by the1_thedave
I think that there may be a reason why during some stretches you'll have great turnouts and some times no one showing up at all. Variety is one thing that keeps a meet active. There has to be activity, not just doing the same thing over and over again. It gets boring. If it has to be at the same place, find a place that has multiple places to choose from, (ie. a parking lot that might have a couple of restaurants, a coffee place, etc.) You can meet at that same place, but it give the attendees options. See where I'm going with this.

Also trying to go around an get other geographical areas, sac, stockton, etc. involved in a meet that has hit or miss attendees with no momentum is not a good idea. Most importantly, build a good solid core of people who are in the Elk Grove area. It is the Elk Grove Meet. I know, the Sacramento meet is not titled properly but that's not the point here and another discussion thats been beaten to death already.

After the meet begins to gain some solid traction, if it growing because the EG locals are coming out, you shouldn't have to promote the meet as strong as much. But that doesn't mean to stop updating the thread. Its easy to setup up a meet. Heck anyone can do that, post a place, date and time. But it takes some gentleness, consistency and some work to keep it going.

Then again what do I know, I just plan meets for Nissan heads.

Cliffs: Reoccurring meets require some work as well as variety and geographic oriented meets require locals in that area to be active in that meet otherwise whats the point.
get out of here with that s***... ha ha just kidding dave...
Dave is right... i think we need to have someone coordinate this thread... anyone wanna be nominated or volunteer?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Mautai916
i wasn't surprised. I passed by only cause i was in the area so i can confirm this is pretty much dead since the last few have had similar results.
Yeah, it's pretty sad what these meets have become. There were more Sac people than EG people at the BBQ we had at Elk Grove Park last month (not that I have anything against Sac people at all )

Originally Posted by the1_thedave
Very true. We did have a good core of maybe 6-8 local Elk Grove people, with a handful of Sac people. I just think the recent.. "drama".. and the general lack of updates in this thread are to blame. Settling at the Boba Tea House area actually happened for a reason too-- nobody ever got any food when we met at places to eat . I'm down to mix it up, but we actually get a lot of positive feedback from everyone about the current location.

Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Man have you seen my meet thread/posts cuz i try to get everyone to show but to no avail.Looks like nobody wants to go anymore, last 2 times i did nobody else went except 2 others. Our meets were better in colder weather, now that it's nice it should be popping, i don't get it.The meet is always at the same spot, so there needs no organizing or planning, every Monday at 7pm just show up, can't get any simpler than that really.
Yeah, I see you posting. You gotta be more firm with planning these things though. You can't be like "Hey, anyone going tomorrow?" You just have to post it up and assure everyone that the meet IS happening, but I know that's hard right now since there's a good chance that not a single person will show up. Bottom line is people won't show up to a meet if they have any doubts about it.

Also, just because we've had the meets at the same spot for months doesn't mean everyone in the world knows this. If someone new wanted to come to the meet yesterday, they would have had to search through pages and pages of garbage to find the location. We haven't been updating the OP of this thread, so I had been posting up info with a map of where we park and whatnot. But I kinda stopped doing that when my schedule changed, so that's my bad.

Maybe we can have these meets every other week until we get more people coming? So let's figure out when/where the next meet should be and go from there.

Quick Reply: Elk grove meet!!