Davis Meet - January 12th, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:34 AM

Car Info: Sline
I don't think you ruined anyone's night, I would have asked why too. When he asked about the naaaaas, that light a fire in my stomach too. He was a ***** about it from the begining. I wouldn't file a complaint because he did let off about 10 cars/people. You could file a complaint on the profiling.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Horrible experience, I'm going to post my thoughts in the bay area forum so people know what went down. The cops were dicks, but we have to see it from all sides. Read my post on the bay area forum if you guys are bored.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by SkylineR35GTRx
Horrible experience, I'm going to post my thoughts in the bay area forum so people know what went down. The cops were dicks, but we have to see it from all sides. Read my post on the bay area forum if you guys are bored.
link it up.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by my3awds
Fun night indeed lol. It made my blood boil when the cop came through and started profiling us from the beginning.

"Where's the other car? The one your going to street race?"
"Who's got NOS?"

The cops might as well have walk into a group of black guys on a corner, and ask who's going to KFC and a Ballgame?

I apologize if I ruined anyone's night. Sorry Kev. But for me, they weren't being fair. It would have been different if they had just asked us to leave.

"I want to see your drivers license"
-Why?
"Because I SAID so!"
-No, what for, we were just here talking. We weren't street racing. You rolled up on US.
"Ok, NOW we're going to have to detain you!"

I would've been even more of a ***** to the cop, but then I saw people were saying "Yes" to when the cop asked if they could pop their hood. So I had to dumbify myself to not cause any more trouble, as I'm guessing some people had questionable parts. But it probably wouldn't have mattered, since the cop couldn't tell an oil cap from a strut bar.

I should file a complaint.
I am going to file a complaint too. I'll grab some forms from the student body. They actually encourage us to report and all all police complaints.

Last edited by darkonion; 01-11-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX wagon
i cant believe that douchebag went to a class to learn about street racing and modified cars...they need to get someone else to teach that cause he didnt learn jack shiet. also when karlton (sp?) asked one of the officers about the 95dB law with exhaust all the officer could say was.."what do i look like, a f'in engineer". i thought that was riduculous..if he was trying to enforce the law you would expect him to know what the laws are.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 AM

The manner that they treated us was unprofessional. And if they had half a brain, they would have chosen their fights better. There were 20 of us and two of them. I don't car of they had a gun or not. If I were a group of two cops, and I rolled up into a group of 20+, I'd be careful what I say.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by darkonion
The manner that they treated us was unprofessional. And if they had half a brain, they would have chosen their fights better. There were 20 of us and two of them. I don't car of they had a gun or not. If I were a group of two cops, and I rolled up into a group of 20+, I'd be careful what I say.

lol kevin, i bet their guns have 15 bullets EACh, plus reloads plus backup...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
lol kevin, i bet their guns have 15 bullets EACh, plus reloads plus backup...

thats absurd! i think you got it backwards.. they are law enforcement...they can use their own discretion to do/say whatever they want if they have any reasonable doubt about anything.. keep that in mind...if there was 20 import cars in a parking lot, doesnt that look kindve suspicious? what if there was some street racing going on nearby and they happen to stumble across you guys?..its their job to make sure laws arent being broken...also maybe they read what has been posted on i crub? just a thought.. there are subie owners who are in law enforcement on this board also.. you guys know this right? careful of what you say, stuff like that ^^^ you should keep to yourself.. thats no bueno
Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jvick125
link it up.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/yay-car-profiling-first-experience-hood-popping-pissy-cops-154274/
Old 01-11-2007, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
They said my car was modified for racing... All 137 crank hp.

These UC Police need something better to do. My tuition does not pay the UC system to have cops hassle people in parking lots.
wait, those were campus police? i was so busy keeping track of whose cars they were peeking into and trying to listen to the question they were asking, that i forgot to check their cars. did anyone happen to get the names of the officers?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 AM

I was too scared to ask for a badge number or name, things would have gotten worse for us if that happened I bet. I think they were university of california davis police, but they are still police with all the rights and jurisdiction (sp). They are the same as regular cops.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 AM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
I was too scared to ask for a badge number or name, things would have gotten worse for us if that happened I bet. I think they were university of california davis police, but they are still police with all the rights and jurisdiction (sp). They are the same as regular cops.
actually i recall that there is a law/regulation/constitutional amendment of some kind (don't recall exactly what, i'll have to look it up) that you are at least allowed to get an officer's name, it is your right to ask for it and they must give it to you on request. i don't know about the badge number though, that might be something different.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 PM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
its alright, jvick125 got it all on video and pics. If we cant remember the names of the university cops at least we have pictures of them.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 PM

File complaints here.

http://police.ucdavis.edu/complaint_commendation.htm
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 PM

I don't know if we wanna file complaints, taht will just make thngs worse, not better. We might want to put a story in the aggie, but I don't want the cop to find out he got a filed complaint after he let us all go with a warning, next time we won't be so lucky.

Quick Reply: Davis Meet - January 12th, 2007