i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events and Group Streaking (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/)
-   -   Beale/Marysville/Yuba City Interest (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/beale-marysville-yuba-city-interest-242600/)

Trakjunky 07-21-2012 05:04 PM

I live outside yuba city, if it's like maybe a Tuesday night? That would be cool. I know a guy with a nice evo that would probably come out.

Rally wagon I think I saw you drive by my work the other day.

RALIWGN 07-24-2012 12:31 PM

I can do a Tuesday night meet anywhere around the Yuba Sutter area, so name a place & time. I'll be off work @ home mowing my lawn by 4pm, so anytime after 5pm is probably good.

Trakjunky, where do you work? I'm back & forth across 20 to 65 every day for work south of Olivehurst, and I see a couple subies. There's one guy with a silver bugeye sedan with a short rear wing & what looks like a stingray white vinyl graphic on the rear driver's side window, but he never waves. I see a few others around, like the late-model blue wrx hatch with goldies I saw back on Saturday going over the bridge (deuces both ways). What color is your "09 WRX Premium"? I might have seen you around, too.

Trakjunky 07-25-2012 02:22 PM

Mine is white with 18" gforce's that are custom color. I'll ask the evo guy next time I see him, than we will figure out a spot.

I work at the Honda moto shop out hwy 20.

RALIWGN 07-25-2012 03:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I live right across the street from that shop (the other side of 20). I actually saw a white late-model WRX with a tall rear wing & dark rims parked at my neighbor's place yesterday when I came home ~ 4pm. I have a picture somewhere... from my home security cameras (snaps from video, so resolution sucks):

004_sti 07-25-2012 03:36 PM

This is a work weekend for me :-(

blade369 07-25-2012 04:03 PM

Hey what's up Nick. This is Phil with the other white sedan. You ever get your car tuned? You guys wanna do a weekday or weekend get together? What sucks is im taking off for a few months next month :/. Im pretty much down to meet new people in the local area ^^

Trakjunky 07-25-2012 05:13 PM

Hey Phil, I'm down for a Tuesday night meet up once or twice a month. Yeah I got my car stage 2 now. Thing goes pretty good!

Trakjunky 07-25-2012 05:14 PM

Rali wgn, that wrx is the brother of the evo guy that I know. Both cars running wide xxr wheels. Both are nice!

Trakjunky 08-22-2012 07:06 PM

So this is pretty much dead for now it seams?

RALIWGN 08-23-2012 07:50 AM

Doesn't have to be. I'm almost always available Tuesdays, especially for a meet/bbq @ my place (or does that defeat the purpose of doing a drive?). Where do you want to meet?

On another note, maybe I'll swing by your shop tomorrow - I just bought a 2009 Kawasaki Versys, and I've got a bunch of parts on order that should arrive sometime in the middle of the day. I need some new road gloves, as mine are 2002 vintage & totally shot, and I was going to take a ride up Quincy-LaPorte road while waiting for the parts to arrive.

Trakjunky 08-23-2012 12:30 PM

I don't care where the meet up is as long as we get it goin. Figured a burger joint/Starbucks meet to get it going then work from there. I can't do next Tuesday cause I'll be riding my dirt scoot that night but Wednesday could be in.

Darth Wagon 08-23-2012 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=RALIWGN;3283139]Doesn't have to be. I'm almost always available Tuesdays, especially for a meet/bbq @ my place (or does that defeat the purpose of doing a drive?). Where do you want to meet?

On another note, maybe I'll swing by your shop tomorrow - I just bought a 2009 Kawasaki Versys, and I've got a bunch of parts on order that should arrive sometime in the middle of the day. I need some new road gloves, as mine are 2002 vintage & totally shot, and I was going to take a ride up Quincy-LaPorte road while waiting for the parts to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Those are sweet bikes! I recently got an 09 KLR, but I was looking at the Versys and the V-Strom too. We'll have to go for a ride once I've gotten more comfortable on the bike. I'm a total noob and have only ridden 125s before.

As for the meet, I'm usually available on Tuesday's too. I just need a little advance notice.

SEXMYWRX 08-25-2012 01:13 PM

I'm from yuba city! you've probley seen my black wrx in town with dealer plates.

SEXMYWRX 08-25-2012 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=RALIWGN;3273001]I live right across the street from that shop (the other side of 20). I actually saw a white late-model WRX with a tall rear wing & dark rims parked at my neighbor's place yesterday when I came home ~ 4pm. I have a picture somewhere... from my home security cameras (snaps from video, so resolution sucks):[/QUOTE] thats my buddy JOSH!!

RALIWGN 08-27-2012 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=Darth Wagon;3283399]Those are sweet bikes! I recently got an 09 KLR, but I was looking at the Versys and the V-Strom too. We'll have to go for a ride once I've gotten more comfortable on the bike. I'm a total noob and have only ridden 125s before.

As for the meet, I'm usually available on Tuesday's too. I just need a little advance notice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are definitely differences between the 3 bikes, and I have an '02 KLR650 that I like for more dual sport oriented rides. I took the Versys on that ride this past Sunday (yesterday) and it did awesome, except for the ~30 miles of rocky dirt road into & out of Bodie. The suspension on the Versys is stiff & the stock tires suck for dirt, as well as the front 17" not being great for dirt. I would have had no problem on the KLR, but I did a 30 mph low-side in soft dirt about 2 miles in on the way there. Not a big deal, because the damage is mostly cosmetic, and happens to be stuff I'm replacing anyway.

[QUOTE=SEXMYWRX;3284095]I'm from yuba city! you've probley seen my black wrx in town with dealer plates.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I've seen it. My co-worker's girlfriend just got a black one, too. Looks nice with the tint she just had done.