i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events and Group Streaking (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/)
-   -   Beale/Marysville/Yuba City Interest (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-group-streaking-118/beale-marysville-yuba-city-interest-242600/)

jejay1423 01-30-2013 11:55 AM

Hey guys! I'm a military guy here. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We are doing a Roseville meetSaturday night at 7 if you guys want to make it. It's gonna be at Five Guys in Roseville right off of Sierra College Blvd. Hope to see you guys there!

Jay

Darth Wagon 01-30-2013 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=RALIWGN;3349289]Not going to make it this week... I'm sick.

Darth Wagon - where'd you take your car to have it checked out?[/QUOTE]

Sorry you're sick, I took it to Douglas Automotive here in Grass Valley. I've been friends with the owner for years and he's always done great work and he usually cuts me a good deal. It'turns out it was a bad head gasket that's allowing coolant to enter cylinder 4 and creating the misfire. So I'll be doing head gaskets and timing belt and all that crap.

I've also been talking to Paul at FW who did my clutch in July. He's been really helpful with my questions on what additional steps to take at this time. I'm trying to see about rebuilding the block at this point since the whole thing will be apart and it will save me money down the road if end up with ringland failure which the 07 and onward have been known to have issues with.

So right know I'm crunching numbers to see if I can afford to do a new short block with forged pistons, crank, and bearings. It's a huge chunk all at once but might save me down the road. Obviously I also need a tune at this point as well so cylinder 4 doesn't lean out.

RALIWGN 02-20-2013 11:24 AM

Any news on meets since Nick blew up his engine? BTW, Nick, how's that situation going?

004_sti 02-20-2013 11:58 AM

I'm gonna be busy aswell. Started out processing!

H2ouup2 02-20-2013 12:45 PM

[quote=004_sti;3359208]i'm gonna be busy aswell. Started out processing![/quote]

= (

blade369 02-20-2013 12:53 PM

I wish I could do something but I work nights :/

Trakjunky 02-21-2013 07:16 PM

[QUOTE=RALIWGN;3359184]Any news on meets since Nick blew up his engine? BTW, Nick, how's that situation going?[/QUOTE]

Lol i have been busy! MX season in full swing so ive been working on my bikes.. But yeah, Got a new shortblock/turbo covered under warranty at autowest, took it in totally stock minus catback. Runs great! got 500 ish more miles driving like a grandma.. Oil change than back to normal.. i accidently went to about 5K rpm today once under boost. miss that acceleration! But gotta get those piston rings seated to the cylinders!

AllAnIllusion 03-01-2013 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Man, I haven't even checked this thread in days, been so damn busy. Things are clearing up alittle so I'll keep m y eyes peeled for the next meet, want to get back out there. My buddy that had the stage 2 FXT just traded it in for this bad boy yesterday, he's going stage 2 next week, trying to get him to come out to the next one, too.
[ATTACH]107301[/ATTACH]

Doty0588 03-03-2013 02:43 AM

Shoot wish I would have seen this. I'm out of country but if you guys are making regular meets I will definitely hit it up. Go to the Sac meets any time I can make it.

2L Monster 03-15-2013 12:22 AM

Just moved to Lincoln last week. Been looking to meet up with more Subaru enthusiasts...these meets still going on? Would love to get out and meet some of ya!

AllAnIllusion 03-15-2013 09:27 AM

We talked a little via group text yesterday about setting up a Saturday meet, a few people seemed to like the idea. You guys want to try and set that up? I think we should shoot for either the last Saturday of March or the first Saturday of April, give everyone plenty of time. Any thoughts?

2L Monster 03-15-2013 09:36 AM

[QUOTE="AllAnIllusion;3370040"]We talked a little via group text yesterday about setting up a Saturday meet, a few people seems to like the idea. You guys want to try and set that up? I think we should shoot for either the last Saturday of March or the first Saturday of April, give everyone plenty of time. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'm down with either of those dates...assuming I'm in town. I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread to see what happens

Trakjunky 03-17-2013 08:26 PM

Yeah keep a watch out. Something soon.

2L Monster 04-05-2013 07:03 PM

Bump this.

Any updates on this?

AllAnIllusion 04-09-2013 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=2L Monster;3380326]Bump this.

Any updates on this?[/QUOTE]

Waiting on an update too. Weather is getting really nice, we need to set something up!