When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
hp! You just beat me to it. Got home a while ago and unloaded the car. Bath is running, so I'll have to be quick ...

Pete & Rich,
Thank you both SO MUCH for putting this event together. I've heard great things about it for the past three years and I'm really glad I was able to go this year. I had a wonderful time. The roads were amazing and the scenery was just gorgeous - California Fall in all it's glory. As hp said, the campfire was the best!

Eastbaysubaru / Brian (1),
It's been way too long. It was great to see you again! We'll talk more about that set of rims & tires.

Drtofu / Bryan (2),
It was really nice to see you and your wife again. Congratulations on first place!

hp / Brian (3),
It was nice to meet you and your buddy. You guys were a welcome addition to the group. You'll make lifetime friends in this community.

Alex,
It was nice to meet you too. Hope your brakes are okay.

Christina,
I really enjoyed catching up with you. Once I've got my place back together, I'd love for you and Rich to come over for dinner again.

Gotta go, bath's ready ...

Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos.

Jane
Old 10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Hey everyone,
got home a few minutes ago (6:30)
Christina and i took Brian (drtofu) and T out to drive some of my favorite roads on the way back. Had a great time.

The rally was great and a complete success. beat the **** out of the car. Everyone was wonderful. it was nice meeting some new people. you were all so cool to hang out with. The campfire was by far the best one i've EVER had. the flames were hot and high. too bad i didn't bring more booze though.

looking forward to pics guy. now the Christina's out of the shower it's my turn. I'll check back later.

-rich
Old 10-29-2006, 07:40 PM
hp

ill have pictures posted tomarow
Old 10-29-2006, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
Hi folks - it's 7:30 and we just got back..

We had just the most amazing weekend. Thank you Pete and Rich for putting it all together and sharing it with us. The routes were super-fun, scenic and challenging, and so much fun to just hang out around a great campfire with old and new friends. Thanks also for sharing your food with us

After we split up, Rich and Christina took us for some more dirt driving over the mountains to Rt. 1 (surprisingly empty!) some tasty redwood dirt where I could follow close behind without the huge dust cloud hiding the road (so fun, and rare), and some amazing fast country-road driving. Oh, and the views! Rich and Christina gave us the grand tour - if you ever have a chance to drive with them, don't pass it up!

I've got lots of pics to post and share. Here's a couple for now, though:
Attached Thumbnails When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-p1040044.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-p1040061.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-p1040087.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-p1040096.jpg  

Last edited by drtofu; 10-29-2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

here's a list of street names for drtofu of the roads we took home if you're interested.

1.) "Fish Rock Rd." (dirt)
2.) (right) onto "Old Stage Rd"
3.) (left) onto "Hwy 1" south in Gualala
4.) (left) onto "Kruse Ranch Rd" (dirt)
5.) (right) onto "Seaview Rd"
6.) several miles away becomes "Myers Grade" as follows ridge and starts downhill
7.) (left) onto "Hwy 1" south. where the switchback on cliffs are.
8.) drove through Jenner and got gas.
9.) (left) onto "Coleman Valley Rd"
10.) (right) onto "Joy Rd"
11.) (left) onto "Bodega Hwy"
12.) (right) onto "Valley Ford/Freestone Rd"
13.) (left) onto "Hwy 1" south
14.) (right) onto "Valley Ford/Franklin School Rd"
15.) (left) onto "Whitaker Bluff Rd"
16.) (straight) @ stopsign onto "Fallon two Rock Rd"
17.) (right) onto "Alexander Rd"
18.) (left) onto "Tomales/Petaluma Rd"
19.) (right) onto "Chileno Valley Rd"
20.) (right) onto "Marshall/Petaluma Rd"
21.) (left) onto "Hicks valley Rd"
22.) (right) onto "Point Reyes/Petaluma Rd"
23.) (left) onto "Nicasio Valley Rd"

24.) we spit up and you went (left) onto "Lucas Valley Rd" while we drove (right) into the San Geronimo Valley and Home.

hope to bring you out there some time while it's still light outside.

-rich
Old 10-29-2006, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Sportwagon
OMG - route instructions.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:05 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Hey Thanks everybody for coming out and sharing the weekend, it really was fun and apart from some clock issues and stuff it all went off without a hitch.

You guys that missed it missed one of the best meet/drives ever.

And Bryan- when your trial version of rallytimer runs out- that software is now freeware, so you can download a full copy, read the manual etc...

http://www.tappoint.com/rallytimer/

Last edited by psoper; 10-29-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 AM
VIP Member

nice pics DrT (bryan). i love the one with the leaves blowing around with the speed blur. Fish Rock was great fun. i was a first for me as well. every time i was that far north on the coast with other Subie guys they didn't want to do dirt, so i never had the chance. Thanks so much for driving it with us.

-rich
Old 10-30-2006, 05:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by psoper
Hey Thanks everybody for coming out and sharing the weekend, it really was fun and apart from some clock issues and stuff it all went off without a hitch.

You guys that missed it missed one of the best meet/drives ever.
http://www.tappoint.com/rallytimer/
Yes Thanks again. it was one (if not the best) drive/meets ever. The roads were amazing. the people were kind and in good spirits the whole time.

all you people that say they like dirt (ed you get a pass on this) really missed out. Sure have your fun doing 4 minutes a Tunderhill. you'll learn so much more in that time about car control etc.... than you would doing 8 HOURS straight on miles and miles of open dirt roads that go up and over mountains and then up and over again

-rich
Old 10-30-2006, 08:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Talking

I think I say this every time I get back from an event with psoper, but this was by far one of the most fun experiences I've had behind the wheel of a car. Hours of driving on really really nice dirt roads in the middle of nowhere. The run/work format was great in that you get to see some of your competitors running the course and have some time to take a few pics in the middle of the event.

The campsite was great and the people even greater. I really wish I could have gone with you guys/gals on that last section of dirt yesterday, but it would've put me very far from home I did my best to put an end to my tires on the rest of 128 anyways . I actually ended up having dinner with my parents and grandma in Healdsburg anyway, so it worked out nicely.

Pete - Events like these always reinforce my love of driving in the dirt. Try not to get discouraged by all of the flakiness of bay area subaru owners/drivers. All it takes is one trip like this weekend to hook someone for life. I truly appreciate all of the work you and Rich put in to make this event happen.

I'll get the pics that I have up online later today.

Again, thank you guys so much. Without your efforts, it would be a lot more difficult to get seat time in the dirt in a meaningful format.

-Brian

Last edited by eastbaysubaru; 10-30-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

well it's 11:30 and still no more pics
i got things to do and i'll check back later.

-rich
Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Rich... my car is finally set up for dirt but no dirt to drive on . Would you be willing to direct me to some fun roads or maybe come out with me on a little one day adventure?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Talking

The first few...
Attached Thumbnails When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03022-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03023-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03024-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03025-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03026-medium-.jpg  

When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03027-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03028-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03029-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03030-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03031-medium-.jpg  

Old 10-30-2006, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Talking

The next few...
Attached Thumbnails When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03032-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03033-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03034-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03035-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03036-medium-.jpg  

When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03037-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03038-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03040-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03041-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03042-medium-.jpg  

Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Talking

Still more...
Attached Thumbnails When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03043-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03044-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03046-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03047-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03048-medium-.jpg  

When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03049-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03050-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03054-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03055-medium-.jpg   When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV-dsc03056-medium-.jpg  

Quick Reply: When Rallying is outlawed, only outlaws will rally: Redwood Rendezvous IV