Toys for Tots Second Annual fun drive AKA Bears end of year run

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Toys for Tots Second Annual fun drive AKA Bears end of year run

Ok everyone,

Last year we did great, everyone seemed to have a fun time, lets see if we can't do it again. So...

1)I am suggesting the first weekend in December, any other suggestions?
2)A route, last year we did a long drive south all the way to watsonville. I was pondering a Napa valley run this year? other ideas are more than welcome.
3)We helped out a lot of kids that would have had a ****ty Christmas last year guys, be proud of that and lets see if we can't help the Marines out with a even bigger fill this year (we did 1 1/2 barrels last year, that was huge!) Remember its not the cost of the toy, it doesn't have to be elaborate. The kids that the Marines help have nothing at all, so even a small toy is a huge joy for them.

Oh and to be clear this is not "forester only" or anything, its the i-club toy run

OK here is the route for this year:

The Route

I figure we will meet up at the old army base down by where the Coast guard station is at 9am? That puts us in Novato around 12 give or take. I still have to check with the guys at LIC to see if they would be willing to meet us all at their place on a Saturday to do a big picture/meet. Then we can invade "downtown" and have a nice lunch before all heading out.

Time/Day: December 13th 9am

Last edited by Overbear; 11-18-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:31 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Hopefully this year is less "icy road", but it should be fun again, and I'm definitely down.

Although, this year, I won't have a Forester.

I'm out the weekend of December 20/21 due to work and a possible track day. Otherwise, I'm mostly open.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:03 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
If my travel schedule allows, I will definitely participate! I can drive my truck if additional space will be needed.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Last year was a ton of fun. Count me in for sure
Old 10-09-2014, 08:10 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Overbear, I never would have imagined someone of your stature and maturity level would put something like this together. Good work.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 AM
VIP Member

hes not as much of an asshat in person as he is online lol
Old 10-09-2014, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by norcalbro
hes not as much of an asshat in person as he is online lol
I've never understood this. The "I'm really a nice guy in person, but online I'm a tough guy." LOL.
Either way, dont want to derail the thread.
This should be a great event, for a great cause.
If the route does head up north, count on some of us north bay folks in. It's nice to have something in our area for a change
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by subysteez
I've never understood this. The "I'm really a nice guy in person, but online I'm a tough guy." LOL. Either way, dont want to derail the thread. This should be a great event, for a great cause. If the route does head up north, count on some of us north bay folks in. It's nice to have something in our area for a change
I troll here and I troll in person. . Prime example was at bam when you came up for deeznutz :P

I dunno if I can make it this year. Working in lodi makes half the **** impossible to make especially on a sat-tues schedule.

Last edited by Heedz; 10-09-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Volkey
Overbear, I never would have imagined someone of your stature and maturity level would put something like this together. Good work.
I do this because..

A)I am ex Navy, and the Marines are doing something special here, they deserve our help.

B)I had a lot growing up, I was lucky, but I had friends who had almost nothing and I can remember their faces during Christmas break. It's something I never want to see a kid look like again. Christmas isn't about the ghost in the clouds to me, it's a time to set aside everything. Our hates and prejudices, our misgivings and mistrust, and bring the few among us who are still truly innocent of all that, a moment of joy. Its s small chance for us all to show them, the children, that the world isn't all ****.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by subysteez
If the route does head up north, count on some of us north bay folks in. It's nice to have something in our area for a change
So I was messing around with google maps, and we could hit highway 1, go up the back side of everything and come out in Santa Rosa someplace, then down to Novato and have lunch, and bother the guys at LIC as a massive group.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Overbear
I do this because..

A)I am ex Navy, and the Marines are doing something special here, they deserve our help.

B)I had a lot growing up, I was lucky, but I had friends who had almost nothing and I can remember their faces during Christmas break. It's something I never want to see a kid look like again. Christmas isn't about the ghost in the clouds to me, it's a time to set aside everything. Our hates and prejudices, our misgivings and mistrust, and bring the few among us who are still truly innocent of all that, a moment of joy. Its s small chance for us all to show them, the children, that the world isn't all ****.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

I do this because..
Christmas isn't about the ghost in the clouds to me, it's a time to set aside everything. Our hates and prejudices, our misgivings and mistrust, and bring the few among us who are still truly innocent of all that, a moment of joy. Its s small chance for us all to show them, the children, that the world isn't all ****.
This
Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
I do this because..

Word, count me in assuming I'm off work
Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Points sir for using David Tennant....Dr Who fan here.

Ok anyways, come on guys and gals, give up ideas for a route and date. I can't be the only one with ideas.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex
Originally Posted by Heedz
I troll here and I troll in person. . Prime example was at bam when you came up for deeznutz :P

True story!

So I was messing around with google maps, and we could hit highway 1, go up the back side of everything and come out in Santa Rosa someplace, then down to Novato and have lunch, and bother the guys at LIC as a massive group.
That sounds like a great plan! I'm sure I'll be able to get a nice group together once we set a date and time.

Quick Reply: Toys for Tots Second Annual fun drive AKA Bears end of year run