Subaru Summer Solstice 2014 Caravan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 05:16 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx wagon
Subaru Summer Solstice 2014 Caravan?

Anyone going down for that show? I would like to start a caravan if there isn't one already

https://www.facebook.com/events/1446975875517809/
Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
I'm very interested. Any idea what this is like, as compared to subiefest? I've never been to either, but am curious as to what events/activities/vendors they may have.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by dozenutts
I'm very interested. Any idea what this is like, as compared to subiefest? I've never been to either, but am curious as to what events/activities/vendors they may have.

Not trying to hate, but here's my honest .02

Subiefest is a money maker. The guys putting it on are in it solely to make a profit. It's run like a business and the attendees can tell. With that said, it is a cool event. Tons of cars, food, etc... I'll probably go again this year.

S3... I have been the past 2 years... Just no. One year everyone who's not "in the show" has to park in a ****ty dirt lot... The next year, location was better, but there's no draw. There are a few vendors, a few food trucks, but nothing really going on. You wander the lot looking at cars, then what? We only stayed about an hour or two each time. Worth the drive to SoCal? Not for me.

BAM, is local, fun, and a community driven event I personally love. BAM makes no profit since all proceeds go to charity. Always an awesome raffle... Can't wait to see what this year brings. (Yes I'm partial to this event...)
Old 04-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
Originally Posted by norcalbro
Not trying to hate, but here's my honest .02

Subiefest is a money maker. The guys putting it on are in it solely to make a profit. It's run like a business and the attendees can tell. With that said, it is a cool event. Tons of cars, food, etc... I'll probably go again this year.

S3... I have been the past 2 years... Just no. One year everyone who's not "in the show" has to park in a ****ty dirt lot... The next year, location was better, but there's no draw. There are a few vendors, a few food trucks, but nothing really going on. You wander the lot looking at cars, then what? We only stayed about an hour or two each time. Worth the drive to SoCal? Not for me.

BAM, is local, fun, and a community driven event I personally love. BAM makes no profit since all proceeds go to charity. Always an awesome raffle... Can't wait to see what this year brings. (Yes I'm partial to this event...)
I hear ya. I still might try to go. I'd have to make the trip worth while however. Maybe spend 3-4 days down there and hit up Universal or Disneyland. Like you said I can't see driving all that way JUST for that.

Oh, and BAM rocks! Really looking forward to this year as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by dozenutts
I hear ya. I still might try to go. I'd have to make the trip worth while however. Maybe spend 3-4 days down there and hit up Universal or Disneyland. Like you said I can't see driving all that way JUST for that.

Oh, and BAM rocks! Really looking forward to this year as well.
Right on. Please do not take my word for it. I hope as many people as possible go to each of these events to check it out and decide for themselves if it's worth it. We always get a group and caravan down. Then we chill and party together... Always a fun trip, just not always impressed with the shows
Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
I hope BAM is on a day I can make it. But I'm so busy in August/September/October, it's unlikely.