Saturday Mt. Hammy Meet! 2:00-5:30 PM

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 07 350Z
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
+2....
Wait, so what is so bad about HWY 9 and having meets there? Are there mucho cops? I'm not trying to go against those who say no, just curious cause I've never even been there.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
I asked the same question twice, but no answer from anyone. What's up, tell us.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by JDM555
Wait, so what is so bad about HWY 9 and having meets there? Are there mucho cops? I'm not trying to go against those who say no, just curious cause I've never even been there.
9 is lightly patrolled but thats not the point at all...

the more we abuse the roads the more they will be patrolled. And driving in a line of 20 "high risk" type cars like ours doesn't help at all, speed limit or not. Its like staying at someones house too long, no matter how polite you are.

do you want 20 old creepy men walking around the playground watching your kids play? no! its the same thing.

i dont know why but im OK with it going on at Hammy, maybe its because i dont live there, i dont know.

I've driven 9 area for fun with 1 or 2 cars max in the middle of the night, thats different. And it wasn't even that planned, i saw a friend at a gas station and that was that. When i race a random car in the mtns i try to give them space at the end at a junction, in case a cop is in a parking area, he would be less suspicious etc. Living in the mtns forces you to respect them.

And i understand how some people dont get it, nothing against anyone suggesting 9 either, it is fun, but not the best idea.

if you keep having driving car meets all over, dont be surprised if you see the law around every blind corner in 10 years. SoCal has roads with speedbumps, much more CHP units than ever, lots of stories. Its happening in SoCal more than NorCal for some reason, just more people down there i guess that aren't educated about the subject.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
9 is lightly patrolled but thats not the point at all...

the more we abuse the roads the more they will be patrolled. And driving in a line of 20 "high risk" type cars like ours doesn't help at all, speed limit or not. Its like staying at someones house too long, no matter how polite you are.

do you want 20 old creepy men walking around the playground watching your kids play? no! its the same thing.

i dont know why but im OK with it going on at Hammy, maybe its because i dont live there, i dont know.

I've driven 9 area for fun with 1 or 2 cars max in the middle of the night, thats different. And it wasn't even that planned, i saw a friend at a gas station and that was that. When i race a random car in the mtns i try to give them space at the end at a junction, in case a cop is in a parking area, he would be less suspicious etc. Living in the mtns forces you to respect them.

And i understand how some people dont get it, nothing against anyone suggesting 9 either, it is fun, but not the best idea.

if you keep having driving car meets all over, dont be surprised if you see the law around every blind corner in 10 years. SoCal has roads with speedbumps, much more CHP units than ever, lots of stories. Its happening in SoCal more than NorCal for some reason, just more people down there i guess that aren't educated about the subject.
qft

leave alone the few roads we have left.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:56 AM

Ok, got it. Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Ehhh, I think if 9 was going to be a problem it would already be one IMO. Ever been there on a weekend? Street bike "gangs" galore(Look at my location). If it's like last week, where no litter was left and most of us just cruz and hang out for an hour, I disagree that cops would start to patrol like crazy.

I understand what you are saying Kyle, but spreading out our presence in different areas could only be good. I agree that having regular meets on 9 is bad, but Keep us from over-staying our welcome in one area by trying new spots is good.

There are more factors in So-Cal that cause the bad problems with tuners/meets and the authority's.

Last edited by matthepcat; 12-04-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
yeah but cops are not so nice to cars like us like they are to the bikers.. Also with a lot of cars that road can really suck with all the bicycles around every corner.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
I understand all that. I am still confused on why everyone is so protective of their HWY 9. I think meets up in the mountains are much more fun than burger parking lots.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:13 PM

I agree, I think meets are fun to gather people, then a nice drive is needed after with all the people that came. I don't find a reason for a cop to stop a bunch of cars gathered driving the speeding limit and being mature. We won't do anything illegal or throw trash everywhere and make a mess.

It would suck if we said "New Hwy. 9 Meet Every Saturday" because then that would be a problem. But once in a month, especially one of the winter months...shouldn't be a huge problem imo.
John
Old 12-04-2007, 05:29 PM

it would pass if we said, "meet at this parking lot at this time" as long as there isnt a train going up the hill. Yeah a Sunday midday would be the best time to do it since thats when everyone else is cruising around and we wouldnt be babysat by a cop like we would if we went on a weeknight since thats the only action they would have.

And cops are always nice to biker because it is very hard for a bike to kill someone besides the actual rider...if a bike hits a car, the biker will die and 99% chance the driver of the car will live. If we drove go karts instead of cars, the cops would be easier on us too. on the other hand drunk driver accidents usually leave the innocent side more injured than the drunk driver.

riding a bike is like saying: im willing to die to have fun
driving a car is like saying: i'm in a cage of steel and will most likely injure someone equally if not worse than myself. so car drivers have more responsibility to carry

i love mtn meets way better too, i usually go up to the Stanford Strip lookout and take pictures and see what other cars are there.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by JDM555
I don't find a reason for a cop to stop a bunch of cars gathered driving the speeding limit and being mature. We won't do anything illegal or throw trash everywhere and make a mess.
they wouldnt stop us, but its like i said in previous posts:
its not illegal for 20 creepy old men to wander around a playground and gawk at little boys and girls, but dont be suprised to see a cop or two patroling that area the next day.

Thats why SF playgrounds say no adults allowed unless accompanied by a child.

so the future mtn sign will say no driving thru unless your adress on ID is in the Mtns (lucky for me )

but yeah i could see myself going to a 9 meet sometime, just not a weekly thing and i wont pre-meet with anyone, maybe 1 car if that. I dont wanna ruin everyones fun at the moment either

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 12-04-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
they wouldnt stop us, but its like i said in previous posts:
its not illegal for 20 creepy old men to wander around a playground and gawk at little boys and girls, but dont be suprised to see a cop or two patroling that area the next day.

Thats why SF playgrounds say no adults allowed unless accompanied by a child.

so the future mtn sign will say no driving thru unless your adress on ID is in the Mtns (lucky for me )

but yeah i could see myself going to a 9 meet sometime, just not a weekly thing and i wont pre-meet with anyone, maybe 1 car if that. I dont wanna ruin everyones fun at the moment either
yup....+10 kyle
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 AM

dang 10!? yesssss
Old 12-10-2007, 06:41 PM

Meet This Saturday to anyone that can make it.

Time: Saturday, Dec. 15, Undecided for Time.

Drive: Hicks, Mt. Hammy, Hwy. 9, or Lexington Reservoir.

One of those places, still undecided, if you got any tips or idea's, please post. If you would like to join, simply reply with your name on the list below:

1. JDM555
2. Slimboiphat
3. MrPrimus
Old 12-10-2007, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX
1. JDM555
2. Slimboiphat
3. MrPrimus
4. khizzle

Quick Reply: Saturday Mt. Hammy Meet! 2:00-5:30 PM