View Poll Results: Food for this wednesday (18 August)
Sushi @ Yamamori
62.50%
Burrittos @ Scotts Valley Taqueria (near Wendies?)
0%
Pizza @ Gashouse Pizza
50.00%
Downtown SC somewhere (Chianti's Italian, Pizza my Butt, Thai food place, etc.)
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Santa Cruz&Scotts Valley meet and drive: Wednesdays 9:00PM

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 06:24 PM

Talking Santa Cruz&Scotts Valley meet and drive: Wednesdays 9:00PM Info/Updates on first post

Scotts Valley Dennys
Meet: 9:00PM
Depart for drive: 9:30PM

Directions:
Take Hwy 17 to the Granite Creek/Scotts Valley Drive exit.
Northbound: make a hard (read:fun) right to go over the freeway, and then turn right on Scotts Valley Drive
Southbound: turn right on Scotts Valley Drive.
Dennys is on your right. You can see it from Hwy17.

We usually go to dinner beforehand, at 8:00.

This meet replaces the Friday 9:30PM meet at the same location.

If you know someone who would like to join, but doesnt have a Subaru, tell them to bring their car, or at least come as a codriver .

__________________________________________________ ______________

This week (Sept 29th meet) dinner will be at Yamamori and the drive will LEAVE FROM DENNYS at 9:30PM.

Last edited by Domino; 09-25-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:32 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
W00t!
I will see you on Wednesday!

See what happens when your a smar college student? You learn to take charge and make an outline!
I need to go back to school. :x
Old 08-16-2004, 06:36 PM

sans the "smart", Im just a college student with way too much time on his hands....and an incredible urge to go on these drives. its like my own personal fight club. i get all my best thinking done at the exit of a 15mph hairpin (taken a bit faster of course).

PS: back to school?! you're the one with the WRX!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:28 PM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Domino
....and an incredible urge to go on these drives. its like my own personal fight club.
The first rule of Drive Club is: "do not talk about Drive Club"
(Although you can post about it all you want... )

Good work on the new thread, Dom. Maybe we can pick up a few more interested drivers, now that the info in the thread is acurate.

Lookin' forward to Wed night. (And I vote for sushi again, but I'm flexible as well.)
What do you think about this week... Maybe south-county?...maybe up the coast?... or should we leave it till Wed and improvise?

Originally Posted by Domino
i get all my best thinking done at the exit of a 15mph hairpin (taken a bit faster of course).
That's because you're a physics major: velocity squared, divided by radius, right?

Counting days till Wednesday,
M
Old 08-16-2004, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by BluBuru
The first rule of Drive Club is: "do not talk about Drive Club"
(Although you can post about it all you want... )
Unless its on some other lame car forum where people are more concerned with "appearance mods" than they are with what tires they have on. *AHEM* Im not bitter....

Good work on the new thread, Dom. Maybe we can pick up a few more interested drivers, now that the info in the thread is acurate.
Thats what Im hoping for. Anyone with any car (as long as we wait no longer than 30 seconds at short checkpoints and 5 minutes at full stop checkpoints) should be welcome. Hey kids, bring your friends!

Lookin' forward to Wed night. (And I vote for sushi again, but I'm flexible as well.)
What do you think about this week... Maybe south-county?...maybe up the coast?... or should we leave it till Wed and improvise?
This week Ill come with some ideas. Ideally, people could bring expertise from their own area, and then every meet we could go to someone else's home roads around the greater SC area. Also, this way you wouldnt always have to lead

That's because you're a physics major: velocity squared, divided by radius, right?
woah there guys easy on the smart jokes Besides, Im about the stupidest person in my class.

Hopefully this week Ill have my new engine software and rims!

-Dom

"Theres no money...free to all."
"Well isnt that somethin?"
"It is, actually."

Last edited by Domino; 08-16-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2006 BSP LGT / 2004 JBP FXT
I don't like sushi at all, but normally can find something small to eat to tight me over to find some real food. But I plan on being there.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Engine software and rims?
Sweet!
What kind of boost will you get with the new wares?

Once I get my car insurance figured out (e.g. keepin it below $2400 a year) I will get some rims.
Probably next month I will get them for myself as a birthday gift. =)
Old 08-16-2004, 09:39 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
I'm want to try to make it up there this week, sounds like it might be fun. Just wanting to get a little clarification though.... are we talking a 'spirited' drive through the backwoods or are we talking 'race speeds'? I like to go fast, but I have a personal rule and that is I don't go RACE fast except by myself. One, I don't expect anyone to trust me with their life while a passenger. And when chasing or leading other cars, sometimes egos get in the way of good judgement and that's not good on the street. So anyway.. I just want to make sure I'm not getting into something I'm not actually willing to do. I'm not looking for a speedlimit cruise through the dark, but I'm not looking for a race either.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:24 PM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Racenut
So anyway.. I just want to make sure I'm not getting into something I'm not actually willing to do. I'm not looking for a speedlimit cruise through the dark, but I'm not looking for a race either.
Come on out, you'll enjoy it.

It get's medium fast at times in front, but it is a very positive, non ego-driven enviornment. We try to make sure that everyone knows the route, and we stop and re-group at every major intersection (or more).

No one is driving "crazy", and you just find a place in the pack where you are comfortable.

Whacha drivin'?
Mike
Old 08-16-2004, 10:32 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
hey everyone i will be joining you probably the second week of september. as for the drives. Ive never seen anyone go race speeds. But egos do get big and sometimes people just get caught up in the moment. So if you dont feel like going fast drive in the rear of the pack and you wont have a problem im sure.
Domino i went with the 17 by 8 torques with falken st115 tires in 235/40/17 i would recommend this to anyone so much grip and still safe in the rain which ive learned we get enough of in northern cali. So anyone looking for rims and tires please think of this combo you wont be unhappy. Also domino im not real big into straight line stuff. I respect guys who like it but its not my thing. Im more into dirt, turning tracks and canyons. So i hope to see you all soon. Be safe everyone and have fun.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:36 PM

No one is driving "crazy", and you just find a place in the pack where you are comfortable.

Whacha drivin'?
Mike
OK cool.. I should be there then... I'll keep checking here and see what y'all decide on dinner and figure if I'll show up then or just at Dennys at 9.

I've got an 03 Wagon, Cobb Stage 2, eibach springs, sedan 20mm rear bar, 215/45-17 Yok ES100's on Subzeros and a few other little things.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:41 PM

I can atest to "go at your own pace". I am always in the back of the pack because I am not a fast driver. I am really novice so I don't go mutch faster than I feel is my limits.

Ben
Old 08-16-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by BajaNut
I can atest to "go at your own pace". I am always in the back of the pack because I am not a fast driver. I am really novice so I don't go mutch faster than I feel is my limits.

Ben
And that is good, and really what I was trying to make sure of. Some people get caught up in stuff and get in over their head. Things can get stupid and ugly real fast. I don't want to feel pressured, and don't want to be the one pressuring someone else to drive beyond their abilities. That takes the fun right out of it.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:00 PM

We have already had a close call a couple of weeks ago. We don't want that to happen again, because it could have been a lot worse than just some scraped paint. Don't want to name names, but I know that the person in question really dones't want that to happen. Luckely I was there to save the day with my baja to pull him out of the ditch.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:13 PM

Note to self - Bring tools and rope

Quick Reply: Santa Cruz&Scotts Valley meet and drive: Wednesdays 9:00PM