Monday Night: Dublin Starbucks Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
As the third atendee I will chime in with all the same comments. Food is great. Monday night football will be no problem as there are a millionTV's in there you cant look anywhere without seeing a huge TV. The food was really good. The atmosphere is fun. (Wingstop is not even in the same leauge.) The waitstaff was entertaining.

The parking area was well lit and plenty of room. No cops as this place falls into kinda a dead zone between Dublin/Pleasanton.

It was great meeting you guys my wife had a great time as well. I tend to be the quiet one.

So next monday lets get more people out there its a great spot and the weather is deffinatly looking up. im in for next week.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
I'll definitely give a thumbs up to Buffalo Wild Wings. I've had it a few times out in Vegas, and their wings are pretty good.

Good luck with the meet. If I'm ever in that area on a Monday night, I'll swing by.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
No cops as this place falls into kinda a dead zone between Dublin/Pleasanton.
Dublin doesn't have cops, we have Sheriffs
and the Sheriffs Office, plus CHP, regional training center, and the jail are just a couple blocks away.

they really don't give a crap about small car club groups standing around their cars. They only care about people causing real problems in our city.

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-21-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
Dublin doesn't have cops, we have Sheriffs
and the Sheriffs Office, plus CHP, regional training center, and the jail are just a couple blocks away.

they really don't give a crap about small car club groups standing around their cars. They only care about people causing real problems in our city.
I am extremely well aware of the location of all three. In a former life I trained swat medics, and ERF medics. and Dublin Police may be sherrifs but the second you put on that pretty little dublin PD uniform and drive a Dublin Police car you become a cop in my book.

As soon as there are bigger fish to fry than a bunch off hoodlums in thier ricer cars at wingstop in the tri valley you let me know......

Im just joshin ya man I didnt write the dead zone comment because im up to no good or to imply we would be up to no good . In my experience there is not alot of coverage "see low crime area" around tha spot. That would minimize any un needed unwanted harrassment for our meet.

BTW I really like your nav system I have seen the pictures what brand is it and where did you have it done?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

BTW I really like your nav system I have seen the pictures what brand is it and where did you have it done?
I did it myself
been working on it the last couple weeks

Hopefully I can get the carputer and amp mounted in my trunk today and finish it all completely
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
I did it myself
been working on it the last couple weeks

Hopefully I can get the carputer and amp mounted in my trunk today and finish it all completely

I like it alot. I currently have radio mounted on top, and NON working DVD screen in double din hole. I am going to three guage pod up top and double din DVD/NAV in double din hole. What brand is yours? My fear is most of the ones I have seen in the past slide down to put DVD/CD in and im afraid of fitment issues.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

I like it alot. I currently have radio mounted on top, and NON working DVD screen in double din hole. I am going to three guage pod up top and double din DVD/NAV in double din hole. What brand is yours? My fear is most of the ones I have seen in the past slide down to put DVD/CD in and im afraid of fitment issues.
I used to have an AVIC-D3, which I'm now selling https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/%2Asold%2A-202764/
this is a bit different. I have just the screen in the double din slot, and my computer will be mounted in the trunk.
I don't have a DVD/CD rom since I don't need one for the carputer. All of my music and many movies are on the 320gig hard drive. I transfer them there via wireless network at my house. If I wanted to, I do have a slimline laptop dvd drive that I could put somewhere, but I don't need it.

this is my list (still updating it) of everything I got
http://www.subyjeff.com/carputer.html

You could also go another route and build the computer behind the screen in a box, kinda like the normal systems you'd buy at a car audio shop
http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/design1.htm
http://www.mechatroniks.com/wrx/ordering.html

I opted to keep my system and screen separate with the system mounted in the trunk, so "just incase" my car does get broken into somewhere, the most they will get is the screen
Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 AM

Your AVIC looks like exactly what I want I will keep my eyes peeled and give you a heads up when I have the moneys If you still have it then im in luck. Having the bypass done is a big plus. Most shops charge $100 to do this. I would have the money begining of june.

Im pretty sure you will have it sold by then but if not you know you at least have a definate buer by June 1
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I'm down to go, but I have to pick my girlfriend up at work in berkeley at 10PM so I either have to leave pretty early or come after 10:30
Old 04-21-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by code3suby
I'm down to go, but I have to pick my girlfriend up at work in berkeley at 10PM so I either have to leave pretty early or come after 10:30
I only stick around till like 9 I think we broke contact at abot 930 pm last night I dont know how long the other 3 stayed but that would be a pretty good amout of tame to hang out. Come out hlp us get this meet started...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
well I sent out some pm last night got one responce so far but he has class so hears a bump to having more people next week
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Wish I could go next monday
Old 04-21-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
^what time are you done? the place is open till 12am and we were there till about 11pm
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I love BWW, I wish there was one close to Sac
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tecnica tech
^what time are you done? the place is open till 12am and we were there till about 11pm
I get the infusion at 1, it's done at like 430~

but i'll be very tired, and it shuts off my immune system, so I kinda have to chill for the rest of the week

Quick Reply: Monday Night: Dublin Starbucks Meet