MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero (STi'd)
Originally Posted by (V)aniac
That's a pretty rash generalization, I've never had any issues with Subaru owners if the city. No more than anywhere else anyway. There are snobby/angry people everywhere I go. Then again, I don't need acknowledgement to feel good about my car...I could give two ****s. My car is always pretty clean but its difficult to keep that way. If you lived in the city you would know that in order to keep your car clean all the time you would either need to clean it everyday or have a garage. What I do care about is the character and reputation of the club drivers I roll with. I just think throwing out comments like that is a good way to ensure that the North Bay Suby Club gets a bad reputation, doesn't grow and offends people. And all the hard work you're putting into it will be for naught. It's not a good way to encourage new members. Just my two cents...
You clearly interpreted my post completely wrong.

I completely agree with all the points you mentioned above. Like I said before, I've been a SF native from birth so I concur with your arguments regarding lack of garage space and issues with keeping your car clean.

I'll make this completely clear right now. As others have brought up, Subaru as a brand has had an unfortunate change in buyer demographic to the point where the performance models are only appreciated by those who know the performance associated with the badge.

I never said I considered a lack of acknowledgement from other Subie drivers offensive. There are hundreds of Subies I see in the city and i'm only talking about the STi's or well taken care of WRX's I come across. If I didn't specify this in my other post I apologize. Having said that, those that i've encountered in the city with clean(not visually but as a whole package) rides and tried to throw deuces at, unfortunately have failed to return the gesture.

You're taking my comments way too personally, and i'm positive most us here in the Nor Cal chapter will agree with me.

Why don't you share your experience(s) in SF when you cross paths with another well taken care of Subie?

I'm not hating, i'm just speaking the truth.

In the end I never expected heat from something like the issue at hand, so I apologize if I came off as a hater. Having said that, this is exactly why Lacey and I are working on an official flyer.

If you're still angry, I offer you my apologies and a sign of truce. The last thing we NorCal members need is negative vibes....

Last edited by AccordingToAlex; 07-02-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes (FML)
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
I wanna jump in here and say not all of us in this thread have that mentality. I don't feel it's fair to judge us all up here in north bay for one members comment or feeling towards subie owners in the city.
I surely wouldnt want others to think we are snobby because we all here are really welcoming and respect each other. I would encourge anyone to come out to the meets no matter where they live and meet us because somethings can be misinterpreted through text.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx
because somethings can be misinterpreted through text.
Not to bring up a dead subject, but thats exactly what I was trying to do with the wording on the spotted cards. The way you read something can be interpreted totally different than someone else.

On the other subject, I usually wave or toss dueces to Subys that I see are modified in some way even if its just a few stickers or something. When I owned my lifted Jeep for 8 years it was the same story. Most Jeep owners would wave, all of the ones who were lifted would certainly wave but most of the stock "pizza cutter" tires driven by yuppies usually would look at you strange. I just learned who to wave to and who not to waste the effort on

Last edited by JAC Wagon; 07-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:29 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Most of the time, when I wave nobody can see me anyway. Gotta love dark tint on ALL the windows
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 2012 PBP STI
Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
Most of the time, when I wave nobody can see me anyway. Gotta love dark tint on ALL the windows
Haha, I'm always wondering when I throw deuces at one of you guys... and I'm staring with the power of the force to try to see through that tint, probably a common reaction if you have tint though,
Old 07-02-2013, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
....And now for something totally different:
Sonoma Drift | News Archive | Media | Sonoma Raceway
I am planning on going Wed. the 10th if anyone else is interested. It would be cool to make it a midweek meet/event. (plus I want to throw some 96 in my tank...)
Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Car Info: a Scoobie
The track sounds fun. I might go if i get off work early enough.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero (STi'd)
Originally Posted by frost0fractal
Haha, I'm always wondering when I throw deuces at one of you guys... and I'm staring with the power of the force to try to see through that tint, probably a common reaction if you have tint though,

Lol, yeah dude I try to make it a point to estimate where I think their eyes would be to make them second guess their privacy glass. "Damn he's looking right at me, maybe my tint isn't as dark as I thought..."
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Car Info: his wife crazy
I always throw deuces to subie owners, especially WRX and STi owners. It doesn't hurt my feelings if I don't get any sort of acknowledgement back. I just go on about my merry way and look for the next Subaru owner to save at.

I understand moms and g-ma's, old guys with no life and even young people drive Subarus. And it's no more apparent than when I drive my car to work through Point Reyes Station and Bolinas, and get stupid looks when I throw the deuce. Sometimes I think it's hilarious.

Anyways, who cares if you don't get a deuce back. All that matters is I have made a lot of good friends since owning a Subaru!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 PM

wave*

Old 07-02-2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by frost0fractal

It's a good setup, I want the Killer B Holy Header instead though Too bad it's so effin' expensive...
I almost went with the Killer-B setup. But going with the Tomei EL headers allowed me to have enough leftover to purchase my catless downpipe at the same time.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by brewsky79
wave*

Old 07-03-2013, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Car Info: Fiath carzy and also drives a 2014 wrx
Would it be socially acceptable to throw deuces to someone when you are not driving a subie.

For example,I was on my sport bike on the way to work and saw a wrx. I threw duecesas as I passed the wrx in the fast lane.

Last edited by MilesYoung; 07-03-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 92x aero
Originally Posted by MilesYoung
Would it be socially acceptable to throw deuces to someone when you are now driving a subie.

For example, the as on my sport bike on the way to work and saw a wrx. I threw duecesas I passed the wrx in the fast lane.
I throw duces to anyone with a cool car or bike. Especially if i can tell its their sunday car. Get duces back 99% of time. Maybe thats my car is european lol

Quick Reply: MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!