MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 PM

Car Info: '05 Saab 92x Aero
Originally Posted by AccordingToAlex
Hey guys, a bit off topic but I have some other fellow WRX enthusiasts from the bay area who, like myself, drive the highly endangered bastard child of the WRX Wagon known as the Saab 9-2x. Anyways, I suggested collaborating a drive with us iClubbers and the Saab92x.com crew and they were all down.

Any suggestions as to when all of us will be available next? The next month or two is pretty hectic for me, but how about the rest of you?
Hey guys, I was one of the guys on Saab92x.com chatting w/ AccordingToAlex on meeting up in the bay (ikbrown on saab92x.com). Going on my honeymoon w/ my new wife tomorrow but when we get back in mid-October we're looking to schedule some trips out to the bay to visit friends. Would love to hang w/ some fellow 92x & subie owners while I'm out there as well! I'll check back on the thread when I return.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
So I finally got my Cobb AP. Flashed to Stage 2 and my boost issue is (so far) GONE!

I am trying to update the firmware but having issues... stay "tuned" haha get it?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 92x aero
Originally Posted by Saabaru916
Hey guys, I was one of the guys on Saab92x.com chatting w/ AccordingToAlex on meeting up in the bay (ikbrown on saab92x.com). Going on my honeymoon w/ my new wife tomorrow but when we get back in mid-October we're looking to schedule some trips out to the bay to visit friends. Would love to hang w/ some fellow 92x & subie owners while I'm out there as well! I'll check back on the thread when I return.
So I see.. I've been replaced
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by sjsiegel
Ha I think they'll be let down w/ the replacement. Your car's mod list on Saab92x.com is impressive. Ha
Old 09-30-2013, 09:37 PM

Car Info: his wife crazy
Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
So I finally got my Cobb AP. Flashed to Stage 2 and my boost issue is (so far) GONE!

I am trying to update the firmware but having issues... stay "tuned" haha get it?
Did you get a catted dp or non-catted? I can't remember. Anyways, just as a head's up, Cobb's stage 2 map is not setup for catless downpipes.

So how much better does the car respond now?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 PM

Car Info: a Scoobie
I put my front lip today ...... Catted Dp is hopefully coming soon
Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 PM

Car Info: his wife crazy
Originally Posted by bayuncotracho99
I put my front lip today ...... Catted Dp is hopefully coming soon
Pictures, my good friend!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero (STi'd)
Originally Posted by sjsiegel
Ha I think they'll be let down w/ the replacement. Your car's mod list on Saab92x.com is impressive. Ha
Want to know the ultimately irony of all this? My 92x Sti just took a sh¡t on me today. I haven't had much time to thoroughly investigate the malfunction since it happened about 2 hours before I started work today, but my preliminary findings lean towards a loss of compression on (hopefully) one cylinder. I'm praying nothing is warped, but the radiator is fücked (but covered with a lifetime warranty), and there is a good 5-7psi of lost oil pressure (read via DEFI gauges).

With that said, I hope to get my baby up and running soon, but I may need a new longblock (fml). If anyone has an extra EJ25 block lying around, please let me know.

Name:  BMv0bkz.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  115.1 KB
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM

Well then... That sucks! Hope she's back on the road soon.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 2012 OBP STi Hatchback
Ok so guys my neighbor wants to join us on the ride this Sunday. He does not have a Subaru hut he still can follow us I believe lol ( C63 AMG 500hp). When you hear that beast, you all gonna s***t in your pants!! That is so gonna be awesome. I hope nobody is against it. He is a super cool dude!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Originally Posted by brewsky79
Did you get a catted dp or non-catted? I can't remember. Anyways, just as a head's up, Cobb's stage 2 map is not setup for catless downpipes.

So how much better does the car respond now?
I went catless. Good heads up.

Its sooooo much more responsive now! And quick... holy hell.

Went from having boost issues and a max 14.5 psi to no boost issues and 16 psi!

4th gear roll on from 60mph is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 AM

I'm totally stoked about the drive this weekend!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by mickaeld
Ok so guys my neighbor wants to join us on the ride this Sunday. He does not have a Subaru hut he still can follow us I believe lol ( C63 AMG 500hp). When you hear that beast, you all gonna s***t in your pants!! That is so gonna be awesome. I hope nobody is against it. He is a super cool dude!
Im not against it! I do want to hear this 500hp beast man. This is ur friend u were telling us(Chris A and I) about over dinner a few weeks ago ya? I hope your friend does come this Sunday.

As far as the drive goes, wich direction u guys wanna go too? We need to start throwing udeas out there before sunday! Haha

Sorry to hear bout ur car Alex, hope its something easy and cheap to fix. Nice Ferrari next ya
Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
I went catless. Good heads up.

Its sooooo much more responsive now! And quick... holy hell.

Went from having boost issues and a max 14.5 psi to no boost issues and 16 psi!

4th gear roll on from 60mph is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
Chris B is right, stage 2 on Cobb is not for the catless Dp. Lacey had a problem when she went catless. She kept getting codes, and check engine lights when ever she went into boost, even tho she was on the cobb stage 2 map, but that problem was fixed once she got it pro-tuned. Just throwing that example out there. Hope you dont have that problem Adam.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 AM

I dont know whats good up there, so I am game or anything drive wise.

Spoke to Cobb about my AP. Turns out if you have an older AP the firmware wont update easily and will freeze. Thats what happened to mine. Gonna send it in for a free update.

Also, Chris I spoke to them about the ACN 91 Stage 2 map being for Catted vs Catless. they said it IS geared towards catted however will work just fine with catless. Only thing is I have to watch for potential overbooost since its catless. But since its the ACN 91 Octane map, its a lower boost target than 93 Octane so I should be good regardless.

Plus, yesterday with a quick road test and drive to work this morning I noticed that the boost climbs to 16psi with a quickness and holds steady as a rock.

Quick Reply: MEET UP: North Bay, lets get it going!