EQ Tuning Track Day - Thunderhill - June 23rd!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 2008 Evo X
Originally Posted by verc
Did Ed get your contact info? He's planning on doing another one, you can help advertise on the EVO boards and get the slots filled up more so Ed doesn't have to eat it to put on another great event
Ya Ed has my numbers. If he wants to invite more Evo's I might be able to get some to come. But still it was a great event,sorry to see the guys at Eq take a hit, but wow it was a great day. Best track day ever! Makes NASA look like a parking lot....20+ cars on the track at a time? So ya Ed you know our/my number if you want to coordinate for more Evo's.

Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
nice *** evo! thing was fast! i was riding with Chris and saw you shoot out some nice flames!
Ya I got a rough tune on that thing...I try to self tune. I might need Ed to just triple check my tune. LOL. At first I was running too lean before the even...then I reflashed at the track and too rich. I think at the end of the day I found a good AFR, but I still need to data log some more. But really I need some better tires and rims. I also boiled my brake fluid and loss some pressure in 14 and pulled off right away into the track exit where I had a TOTAL loss of pressure in the hot pit and glided into the paddock, where I reversed to stop the car, haha. But thanks for the kind words
-Ray

Last edited by xbox4414; 06-24-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:59 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by xbox4414
Ya I got a rough tune on that thing...I try to self tune. I might need Ed to just triple check my tune. LOL. At first I was running too lean before the even...then I reflashed at the track and too rich. I think at the end of the day I found a good AFR, but I still need to data log some more. But really I need some better tires and rims. I also boiled my brake fluid and loss some pressure in 14 and pulled off right away into the track exit where I had a TOTAL loss of pressure in the hot pit and glided into the paddock, where I reversed to stop the car, haha. But thanks for the kind words
-Ray
ahh i see. i was wondering why you backfired almost every time you shifted. (and it didn't sound like you were flat foot shifting) i think i remember seeing you coast up to the paddock. thought you blew your motor, good thing i was wrong. hopefully i'll be seeing you at the next event since i'm hearing people say Ed wants to organize another one.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Great pictures Steven!

First of all, HUGE thanks to everyone for coming out to our first track day! It went better than we could have hoped for and we all had a blast! The overall atmosphere was exactly what we wanted and really reflects well on our tightly knit Subie community. We definitely wouldn't be where we are without all of you guys supporting us every step of the way! We owe a lot to the community and this is a perfect way to give back to you guys.

Finally, thanks to everyone who chipped into the donation box! We were surprised by how much we got at the end of the day and it definitely helped bring us closer to breaking even for the event. We will DEFINITELY be organized more of there small, intimate track days in the future and we hope to see you guys back again!

Again, HUGE thanks to everyone who came out!
-- Ed
Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2008 Evo X
Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
ahh i see. i was wondering why you backfired almost every time you shifted. (and it didn't sound like you were flat foot shifting) i think i remember seeing you coast up to the paddock. thought you blew your motor, good thing i was wrong. hopefully i'll be seeing you at the next event since i'm hearing people say Ed wants to organize another one.
LOL well also that could be I'm cat-less. 3" custom exhaust, no fuller or anything...so dumping the fuel and stuff I'm sure I was spitting out nice ***** of fire. Haha. Ya no motor failure or overheating issues, besides the brakes, haha.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Great meeting all of you, it was a really fun day, can't wait for the next one! Steven, your pics turned out sweet, i'm gonna have to get a cd from you. Thank you everyone for being a cool laid back group of people, it made the day that much better.

-Chris (i was in the wingless cgm '05 sti on r compounds with a red x on the front and back windows)
________
Wellbutrin Class Action

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:12 AM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
^Ditto... I can't wait to hit the track again, nice seeing old and new faces, even better seeing everyone ripping on the track!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:19 AM

Car Info: none
it was a good run while my car lasted..ey adam..what time am i bringing the GC over bro?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM

Car Info: Gray RSTi
Originally Posted by medicSTi
Gives me an excuse to go to the shop (a mile away) so I can get another ride in that obnoxious RSTi!!

Yeah for sure. Good luck with medic school, If you have any questions just let me know.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Bfreeskier
Yeah for sure. Good luck with medic school, If you have any questions just let me know.
Thanks and will do! Haha let me know if you want to precept in 6 months
Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Smile Video Footage!

Here is the video everyone. Created by: Darrell (He drove the stock black STi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3YTRyv07c

For some reason the video editing software didn't capture Adam's flybys and many others. I am going to take a look at the raw footage and create a little compilation of all the flybys that were recorded. If you are bored watching me drive you can fast forward to a couple fly bys on the front straight @ 5:40ish.

Enjoy!

-Kevin (KLoo413)
Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks for posting a vid guys! I want to get a camera and set it up in my car next time. I can't wait till the next track day happens!
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Originally Posted by crfsti
Thanks for posting a vid guys! I want to get a camera and set it up in my car next time. I can't wait till the next track day happens!
You're very welcome Chris! So, when's the next track day?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by kloo413
Thanks again for posting this vid!! Do you have any more of the silver MR2 at all? Just wanted to see my car out there. Heard my exhaust for the first time @ 2:29. Thanks!

I should bring my vid-cam by the shop so everyone can take a whack at it with a hammer.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by kloo413
You'd have to ask Ed about that one......if it were up to me, one every other month or so
________
CANCER - LUNG ADVICE

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: EQ Tuning Track Day - Thunderhill - June 23rd!