Crescent Cup Rally - Saturday April 20th

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 PM

Car Info: Twin Turbo 2010 Chevy Camaro
Crescent Cup Rally - Saturday April 20th

Hey Guys, this is my first post on I-Club, so I thought I'd introduce myself before I posted some details about a car rally that's coming up in April. My name is Josh and I currently drive a 2010 Camaro SS that's twin turbo'd and has a motor swap in it, and currently live in San Mateo. I love the current STi hatchback! (Almost bought one instead of my Camaro). The reason I created this account is to let you guys know about the Crescent Cup Rally....

EVENT: Crescent Cup Rally
DATE: Saturday April 20th
TIME: 8am

Crescent Cup Rally is coming! The first automotive scavenger hunt in the Bay Area. This event is open to all makes and models of cars! We'll be having all sorts of cars out there, from S2Ks and Acuras, to Vipers and Ferarris, so invite any of your car buddies! We have quite a few sponsors lined up already and are working on getting more signed up.

We will be kicking off the rally in at Club Auto Sport in San Jose. Registration will be from 8am-10am, where participants will check-in, get their goodie bags, t-shirts, and vehicle decals. Entry fee for the event will be $85 per car until April 12th; after this date the entry fee will go up to $100 per car. We'll have multiple sponsor booths to check out (various audio companies, local dealerships, and racing shops to display their products and get a chance to check out what they do). We'll also have a DJ spinning some music, and food and drinks available. At 10am, we'll have a driver's meeting and get the rally going! Every team will get a route card with various checkpoints throughout the Bay Area, where you'll have to complete tasks to move on. We'll be cruising some of the nicest roads in the area and get a chance to check out some really cool spots! Be sure to pay attention to the directions! There's multiple chances to get extra raffle tickets! We'll finish up the rally in San Francisco, where will be having an awards ceremony and, announce the winners, and have a raffle to win some AWESOME prizes!

For more info on Crescent Cup Rally and registration, check out our website: Crescent Cup

Free feel to ask any questions here or shoot me an email, joshm.cmr@gmail.com.

Can't wait to see you some awesome rides out there! I'm also attaching a poster with the details.

WebsiteRallyFlyer12_zps3c510b3a.png?t=1364184683

Last edited by pyr0b0y; 03-25-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 PM

Car Info: 2010 Subaru sti SE/SpecC
I have a 2010 wrb sti special edition hatch just rubbing it in lol just playing, this sounds cool, I've always wanted to do something like this, and here's my time to shine. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by AWDomination
I have a 2010 wrb sti special edition hatch just rubbing it in lol just playing, this sounds cool, I've always wanted to do something like this, and here's my time to shine. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this.
Sounds good! Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your car!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 AM

How is a team set up? Is by separate cars or is it one other person riding in one car?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 AM

How is a team set up? Is by separate cars or is it one other person riding in one car?
A team will be whoever is in the car. Most will have a driver and navigator, but you can always have as many as the vehicle fits.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Is this the first Creascent Cup Rally? How many cars do you expect?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by pyr0b0y

A team will be whoever is in the car. Most will have a driver and navigator, but you can always have as many as the vehicle fits.
Works for me.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:41 AM

And what kind of events are at each checkpoint?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM

I dont want to give everything away, but for example, you'll have to run into a specified store in the mall, grab a crazy product and throw it on, then take a pic with it and something you picked up from a previous checkpoint. We'll have 6-8 checkpoints along the way......and we'll have plenty of great roads to drive between each one!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Is this the first Creascent Cup Rally? How many cars do you expect?
Yes, this will be the first one. We are expecting 35-40+ cars right now, and are looking for more!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:

I dont want to give everything away, but for example, you'll have to run into a specified store in the mall, grab a crazy product and throw it on, then take a pic with it and something you picked up from a previous checkpoint. We'll have 6-8 checkpoints along the way......and we'll have plenty of great roads to drive between each one!
nice this sounds like fun, is there anyway of getting involved with this other than participating?

Posted from I-club.com App for Android
Old 03-21-2013, 04:19 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
post pics of speeding tickets!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
The first automotive scavenger hunt in the Bay Area.
Is that so? I mean, the Rallye Club has only been around for 30-something years...
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM

nice this sounds like fun, is there anyway of getting involved with this other than participating?
Can you please explain what you mean?

Originally Posted by pleiad7
Is that so? I mean, the Rallye Club has only been around for 30-something years...
Haha, guess not, never heard of them or seen anything from them?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by pleiad7
Ha If I had noticed the "The first automotive scavenger hunt in the Bay Area" part I would have posted the same link. I went to a few of TRC's events when I first got my license.

Quick Reply: Crescent Cup Rally - Saturday April 20th