i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Meetings, Events & Donuts (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/)
-   -   Anticipating the 5th annual Redwood Rendezvous Road Rally Adventure tour/campout (https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/anticipating-5th-annual-redwood-rendezvous-road-rally-adventure-tour-campout-167302/)

drtofu 10-01-2007 06:19 PM

Thanks for the great time, everyone. It's been a month of subaru driving and camping for us -- down to Big Sur, up to Seattle, Rallycross in Willows, and then the Rendezvous. Camping by the ocean was wonderful and Pete, the roads you chose were super. Thank you for all your hard work putting the rally and camping adventure together.

I have to admit that although Thy was tearing it up on the dirt roads, I didn't get my gravel legs back till halfway on the return trip on Bell Springs Rd, but it was nice once I did. It's been far too long long since I drove briskly on a dirt road.

If you think about it , we had a rather serendipitous trip. After splitting up, our group miraculously met up with Ed at the very end of Bell Springs, then Rallywagon meeting up with JeffS, and we those New Yorkers we almost got to join us. :) A few minutes either way and we wouldn't have met up.

Rich, Jane, Pete, Brian good to see you all again - it's been too long! Pete, please keep us in the loop about Laughlin volunteering for next year. Pics to come soon.

Ed, remember to paypal me for the tire! ;)

bushido 10-01-2007 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=drtofu;1993352]Pics to come soon.

Ed, remember to paypal me for the tire! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, please post some pics. I really wish i had brought my camera. So i'll wait as best i can to see what you've got.

-rich

JeffS 10-01-2007 09:58 PM

We also had a great time.

Thanks for everything, it was obvious that a ton of work went into this thing.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures (we forgot the camera as well).

It is time to buy the Benchmark. 17 bucks on Amazon!

T-Heineken 10-01-2007 10:25 PM

Wow...I am so jealous of you guys. But at least had a great time at Antioch...I don't know any of you but I hope to meet you guys and share a Rendezvous session...sounds amazing.

EQ Tuning 10-02-2007 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=drtofu;1993352]

Ed, remember to paypal me for the tire! ;)[/QUOTE]

Remember that card you gave me? Well I can't find it for the life of me :lol:

PM me your paypal address and I'll send the payment right away.

BTW, thanks again to everyone. This trip was a blast and it was the perfect way to show my buddy what I like to do with the subie. I'm sorry we weren't quite in the spirit of the event, but we definitely had a blast. After all, 5 minutes off isn't all that much right? :D

drtofu 10-02-2007 10:46 PM

Thanks, Ed!

Pictures! [url]http://gallery.mac.com/drtofu/100043[/url]

If you've got pics/movies, add them to the gallery with the upload option so we can all see them.

bushido 10-03-2007 05:41 AM

thanks Dr T for the picks.
Still alittle sad i couldn't do the dirt on the way home. But i did make good time and got home early. :D

-rich

eastbaysubaru 10-03-2007 09:51 PM

An amazing time as expected. Great roads and wonderful company! Pete, a thousand thanks for getting this together and putting on an amazing event as usual.

We had a fun run on Sunday coming home too. Would've been better if we had a little more time to do the road out to Fort Bragg and back, but I think DrTofu and I are going to get a mini dirt drive together for those of us that want a little more dirt action :D

Super so much fun!

-Brian

JeffS 10-04-2007 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=eastbaysubaru;1995746]I think DrTofu and I are going to get a mini dirt drive together for those of us that want a little more dirt action :D
-Brian[/QUOTE]

Keep me posted....

eastbaysubaru 10-05-2007 10:59 AM

Will do Jeff!

-Brian

hp 10-05-2007 09:50 PM

wow seem like you guys had a lot of fun sorry i have been a ghost but i got really sick and have been in the hospital for a while but im 100% now im not missing the next one no matter what =)

psoper 10-06-2007 07:02 PM

Wow, we wondered what happened to ya' and you'd be on my **** list if you didn't have a good excuse, but I think hospitalization gets you off the hook.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, next years will be a hoot too.

EQ Tuning 10-06-2007 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=psoper;1997932]Wow, we wondered what happened to ya' and you'd be on my **** list if you didn't have a good excuse, but I think hospitalization gets you off the hook.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, next years will be a hoot too.[/QUOTE]

Am I on your **** list for catching up to you on stage? :biggrin1:

psoper 10-06-2007 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=EQ Tuning;1997952]Am I on your **** list for catching up to you on stage? :biggrin1:[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's all part of going for the high score, I expected nothing less!

Now if you'd passed me, I might have some words for you....

psoper 10-11-2007 08:08 AM

Hey gang,
I still haven't completely gone through my car, so there is a chance I have it, but I can't seem to find my palm pilot labeled "Rallytimer B"
If you happen to have it in your possession, would you mind dropping me a PM so we can figure out a time for me to get it back.

Thanks!

-Pete