Rear view mirror stollen - PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Car Info: 2000 Subary Legacy Waggon
Lightbulb Rear view mirror stollen - PLEASE HELP!

Hello, this is my first post to this forum.

My sister owns a 2000 Subaru Legacy and it was broken into last night. They took her rear view mirror for some reason. Not sure why, but they must have had a use for it. It was probably some meth head looking for something to sell. Anyways, I went to a local car parts store today and purchased a generic replacement mirror. Unfortunately, the bracket that is attached to the windshield is too big for this generic one. So, I am assuming that I can only go these two routes:

1) Somehow pry the stock bracket off the window and use the bracket that came with the generic one. I don't really want to do this, because I might break the window.

2) Find a replacement OEM mirror that will fit that bracket.

I would rather go with option #2.
So, what I need to know is where I can find an OEM mirror. From the dealership perhaps? I wasn't able to find any on online parts stores, like www.partsamerica.com or www.rockauto.com.

Please help! It's hard for her to drive without her rear view mirror. THANKS!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
There are a few Subaru specific parts dealers, which are usually cheaper than the dealers.

www.subaruparts.com
www.subaruwrxparts.com

probably a few others that I'm forgetting. I've ordered off of subaruparts.com and I had good luck with them. If you can't find what you are looking for in the catalog, e-mail them. They probably have it, but it might not be in their online store.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Version 7.5 2002 STi
I have an extra OEM rear view from a 2004 STi. I can sell it to you for a decent price. PM me if you're interested. I also have a 97 Legacy and the 2 mirrors look identical to me so I'm betting your 2000 legacy also had the same part.