Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

Mitsubishi voiding warranties on AutoXed EVOs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
FYI, I got the SCCA membership with my 2005 WRX wagon.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
Originally Posted by WarreX
FYI, I got the SCCA membership with my 2005 WRX wagon.
same with me.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
This deserves some front page attention. Thats a lot for a good find. I will insert a pic in there with your permission.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX (Black)
I agree that if you track the car that you, the end buyer, are responsible for any post damage resulting from said "Autocrossing". However this is, in my oppinion, skirting the line of false advertising;...there are certain obvious deception issues in thier, and many car manufacturers, marketing campaigns . Thats what this is about; not so much whether they'll cover warrenty issues; thats just the result. I think car companies that practice these questionable advirtising methods should be made to cover issues based on the agreesive spirit of there marketing campaign towards a certain product line.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
dirty mitsu tactic,

to me if your an enthuisiest ( sp ), and your car's company is promoting a vehicle which is a AWD turbocharged vehicle etc. etc., its an oxymoron for them to hunt u down and void your warranty if you purchased it and drive it hard.

hopefully subaru doesn't search for the ppl who do the same.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: evo
So these people who auto-x are destroying their cars shifting from 1st to 2nd and occasionally 3rd, and not even getting the brakes up to temperature?

I’m not sure where you auto-x but the people in my region who drive subarus or other similar cars never seem to have problems at least nothing that would mount to a warranty claim.

You do go through tires fast but that’s not a warranty issue.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:13 PM

It's a POS anyway. You have to be prepared to fix it if you upgrade it.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
Mitsubishi will never tell you not to race it or they will void your warrenty. Would you buy a high performance car if the manufacture isnt confident that their "performance" car will hold up to some abuse? I wouldnt
Old 06-23-2004, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77
dirty mitsu tactic,

to me if your an enthuisiest ( sp ), and your car's company is promoting a vehicle which is a AWD turbocharged vehicle etc. etc., its an oxymoron for them to hunt u down and void your warranty if you purchased it and drive it hard.

hopefully subaru doesn't search for the ppl who do the same.
Subaru already is doing just this, I live in Indiana and I have a friend in Fort Myers, FL he does auto-crossing on a regular basis. He said that Subaru has offered their service reps an incentive to go to these events and write down VIN #'s then return info to SOA and in turn void thier warranty. Lucky for him his dealership is cool. (Mastro subaru of tampa)

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi voiding warranties on AutoXed EVOs