Latest i-Club Reviews, Features, and Articles Features, product reviews, tech, and news

2007 Subaru Impreza STi Prototype

Old 10-20-2004, 10:38 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM STI
I'm buying one!
Old 10-21-2004, 01:55 AM

nice , I love it : )
Old 10-21-2004, 11:13 AM

Car Info: Silver WRX wagon
All depends if triangulated nose drool is your idea of sleeker and sexier I suppose.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
that's why the internals of the saab 9-2x wagon is exactly the same as our rex ...
I was under the impression it was the same motor, not just the internals...:dunno:
Old 10-24-2004, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 95 Impreza coup, green, 5speed 1.8l awd
Originally Posted by WRX-Zero
More quick chops with new headlight placement. I didn't have time to rework headlight shape. but you guys get the idea.
if the lights were changed to a retro version of a GC it would look great
Old 10-25-2004, 08:28 AM

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White STi
Is the just me or does the car look lopsided in all the concept drawings, both in C&D and on Subaru's site. At first I thought it was just a funky perspective but when I followed that link (posted above) to Subaru's site, the car looks like it droops to the left side. It's almost like the car is sad with how frigging ugly it is.

I am so glad that I purchased a 2005 STi. This design is possibly the ugliest car I've ever seen. The current Impreza look is "interesting" and "muscular" and while it might not appeal to everyone, it does have a certain aesthetic appeal. This concept on the other hand looks confused. It wants to be a Pontiac Sunfire, an Alfa Romero, a Celica, and an Evo. The only things I like on the concept are the wheels and the hood-scoop (more WRC-ish.) The grill lines need to be straightened out and flattened and the lose the hood bump.

The concept is ugly as f*ck and, as much as I love my STi and it's quirky looks, I would never buy a 2007/8 STi if it looks like the concept. I looked past the STi's looks for its performance, but the concept is so f-ugly, I don't think I could look past it. Even I have limits with what I will put up with for performance.

WRX-zero is altering the concept in the right direction. Good job! The last iteration though needs bigger lights.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:38 PM

thanks old_duwel for the bigger picture. I actually like it now more than a couple months ago when i saw a low resolution picture.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
WRX-zero is altering the concept in the right direction. Good job! The last iteration though needs bigger lights.
I agree, subaru supplied design is heinous POS. This design is alfa romeo/sabb/evo bastardization. The STI is a good looking car already, replace the ricer wing with the wrx and lower it and people ask me all the time what the car is and that they like the aggressive way it looks. IMHO, asthetically the trunk is too small for the tall chunky wing. For me make it even wider/more aggressive with bigger flares, kind of like the cusco car on the banner of www.i-club.com. I think there should be more distinction aesthetically from the STI and the WRX, besides some gay pink badging, there's a lot less on the 05 for sure.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:45 AM

Looks like a Celica mated with a Subie R2... (Subie's current K-car)

The perspective seems off on the front spoiler in that larger picture. Probably a Photoshop job unless there was a car show I missed here recently??? As far as I know, the next big show isn't until January and it's more of a tuner's show.

Haven't seen anything resembling that driving around either, but maybe too early. I spoted the headlight redesign in my neighborhood weeks before it was in the press. Love living in Japan. Subie test drives in my neighborhood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Subaru Impreza STi Prototype