Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

window squeak?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB 4EAT VF34 Kit w/AP
52,000 miles and window still squeeks
Old 09-12-2003, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: silver MIAMI wrx in the bay area
Originally posted by SUBARU_TECH
we have this problem on all are subaru's,first-please clean ur window-take it in-or just buy a can of silicone spray fron ur local auto supplier.spray in the gusset seal area(behind mirror) and on the horizontal seal running the length of ur window.its only rubber and it needs conditioning....
thanks for the 411.

eric.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I have the window squeak too.

You get used to it but it's embarassing when you have a girl in the car.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Angry

If Subaru knows this is a problem in all their Imprezas, why don't they just apply the grease at the dealership? I guess that would be too simple a solution.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:57 PM

grease will get in contact with the glass and leave a ugly smear mark-silcone spray is clear and will only leave a smear mark the first couple times you use the window-no it wont harm the tint-remember you are putting it on the seals,not the glass.its the seals that need to be conditioned.rubber will get dried out.the important thing is to keep the window clean-when dirty everytime you lower the window you pull all the crud onto the seal.as you can see in many post,noone is complaining about other windows making the noise other than the drivers which is always used.the biggest problem is people are using the glass to shut the door,the glass becomes a lever device when used like this,i use to be a nissan tech and the 240's had frameless windows also with same problem.this whole fix takes less then 5 minutes with the cleaning of the glass.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
As long as you clean it, its fine. I find that my window squeaks only when its dirty. Its like an indication I need to wash the car
Old 09-14-2003, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX
I wash my car about once a week, and the squeaking has never stopped. It originally started two days after i got it off the lot, used car though ...
Old 10-22-2003, 11:03 AM

Any new updates or solutions to this horrible problem? I've gone quite a long time with my window squeaking, but it's been so long that it's really really bothering me now. Has anyone gotten the silicone spray? I have yet to check it out at my local Kragen. I just want to make sure it is a product that can be easily attainable.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:35 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
The 'squeak' has come up before on this forum, but yes, silicone spray worked for me. Don't use WD-40 because it attacks some types of rubber. I applied the silicone spray to the front bottom edge of the glass about a year ago after the squeak was becoming more and more pronounced. It went away after a second application and never came back again. I was really expecting the fix to last for only a month or so. I'm really happy about it and am glad I didn't bother to take it to the dealership. Your own mileage may vary.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-26-2003, 12:32 PM

the squeek came back after a good month of quiet.. but this time it squeeked on the passenger side...

I don't open the windows much anymore since it's so cold...

Quick Reply: window squeak?