Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

whiteface guage insert

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 05:01 AM

whiteface guage insert

has anyone successfully installed these all i read are problems about the needles getting stuck. Im looking for the inserts for a my02 rs to make the speedo, tach, fuel / oil, white.. Not sure yet if i want indiglo or reverse indiglo...if you have successfully installed them and havent had problems, what brands have you used
thanks
pat
Old 12-30-2002, 11:41 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
I have the reverse indiglo's and i don't have any problems with sticking, i didnt even have to use double sided tape for it so it works out fine. I do know some people who have used some types of indiglos and they have used the double sided tape, thats when they have the sticking needle problem
Old 12-30-2002, 05:39 PM

vivids whiteface

will the ones from vivid work on an 02 rs? my speedo only goes up to 120? these are for the wrx and hit 140...wont it be giving me an incorrect reading?
thanks for your help guys
pat
Old 08-27-2003, 01:02 AM

Car Info: TXS tbe, perrin goodies, v7 sti struts...bla bla bla lots of stuff!
Arrow

I have the reverse indglo gauges... but when I try to "slip" them over the needles I feel resistance... I DO NOT want the needles popping off... what is an easy way of doing this so I do NOT mess anything up?

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 12-20-2003, 09:14 AM

Car Info: GC8 ej20 motor, 18" gramlights on yokos,
can u guys post pix for for me...... i want the color red.
THANKX....

RANDi
Old 12-20-2003, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Hmmmm. It helps not to lay the gauge pod flat on the ground. The needles will swing all around. If you tilt the top up a bit the needles will fall and be in the same place. This will help the needles to be slotted into the center holes. Sounds too simple, but its a trick I fount that helped. Yes, DONT remove the needles. I'm promise you, it is possible and easy to get these on w/o much effort. You just have to find the right angle.

As for the sticking thing... the holes should be larger than the center/puck of the needle. So it couldnt possibly stick. They should also be thin enough. I didn't use a lot of tape. I also did not use that thick double stick foamy tape. Use a glue stick, or even better some double sided scotch tape... I believe that's what I used. Be sure to put tape near the needle posts so that the new face will be sure to be flush to the original face particularly under the needle.

Well.. that's all I can think of.

jason