Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Questions for those with VIS ,Seibon , CW carbon hoods with vents...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 04:12 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Questions for those with VIS ,Seibon , CW carbon hoods with vents...

I would like to ask those of you who are sporting these hoods how you are liking them ?
My big question is , and I am only refering to the "VIS" or "CW" type hoods irregardless of manufacturer that have the venting down the sides, how dirty does that engine bay get?
Next big question is , what do you do when its raining?
I have seen the RS hoods and most were utilizing vent covers of some form or another , but I do not see anything of the sort with the above manufacturers with the exception of these guys...
http://www.raceonusa.com/index.asp?P...S&Category=165

That's not a bad looking hood , mated to a GT spec CF scoop or one of those Big Daddy (or whatever) scoops that Uncle Scotty has , I don't think it would be unattractive.
Let me know your thoughts on the Qs and I'll make my decision!

you're probably wondering why I said the Race On hood has covers since their website doesn't post the pics of it , but their Ebay auction does. I noticed the hood around fifty bucks cheaper on their site!

Last edited by cohlineman; 04-11-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
i dont know if the engine bay gets any dirtier, but when it rains you close off the holes w/ a cover that comes w/ the hood.
Check out Seraph's car. he has that style hood.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...threadid=53062
Old 04-11-2004, 11:40 PM

Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
thanks!

Glad to hear they come with blocking plates , seibon was my #1 choice too.
his car does look sweet!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Hey JV, c'mon down for a Friday night Daly City meet sometime if you wanna check out Rockin's hood in person
Old 04-12-2004, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
Originally posted by Choku Dori
Hey JV, c'mon down for a Friday night Daly City meet sometime if you wanna check out Rockin's hood in person
yeah, if you think thoes pictures are sweet you have to check it out in person. check out the BAIC meets forum.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:45 PM

I will definitely try to make it down eventualy , but this friday its a nice hop to tahoe for the seafood buffet at Harvey's , a night at Caeser's club and a comfy hotel bed!
There's a guy in freemont who has a vis hood for sale if it has the vents I may bite , but that seibon hood realy looks good.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

BTW JV, did you try that Japanese buffet place Todai that Ray and I told you about?
Have fun in Tahoe! :banana:
Old 04-13-2004, 08:05 PM

We don't get many chances to get over to the east bay, that's where Todai is right?
It's on our list though.
Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
JV, just what are you thinking? A new hood hmmm? You saw one too many high school girls flocked around a carbon fiber hooded Honda and got yerself a bright idea didnt ya? A little overtime later and I know who I'll find cruisin Saint Mary's Lane...

I have my eye on a similar hood. Actually, the Cusco hood is my first choice but all the CF vented hoods are actually cheaper... You call me first thing if you pick one up JV. I want to see!
Old 04-14-2004, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

BTW JV, did you try that Japanese buffet place Todai that Ray and I told you about?
Have fun in Tahoe! :banana:
Todai isn't THAT good.

Come by sometime to the Friday meet we have and check out Rockin's hood.

:banana:
Old 04-14-2004, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Berry -- Todai's cheap and good compared to other places in a comparable price range
JV -- there's a buncha Todai's all over. Try looking them up. I think the closest one to the North Bay is in Daly City (?). Oh, and there is NOTHING wrong with liking school girls. It's just personal taste, like those of us who like nurses
Old 04-14-2004, 04:46 PM

Choku Dori knows I have an eighteen year old (that would be my son and not some eighteen year old I WISH I had!) who can eat $100 of sushi in one sitting (I'll never forget that bill at Blowfish!)
And , huck , you'll be the first to know after the little woman when I get one!Telling you might be easier!
Cruising Saint Mary's lane??? Hell, I'm thinking about becoming the Girls wrestling coach at Ursuline or that school in petaluma , they're looking for a replacement and the girls are easy... just ask that guy doing 30 years for consensual sex!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:48 PM

Berry -- Todai's cheap and good compared to other places in a comparable price range
JV -- there's a buncha Todai's all over. Try looking them up. I think the closest one to the North Bay is in Daly City (?). Oh, and there is NOTHING wrong with liking school girls. It's just personal taste, like those of us who like nurses

school girls studying to be nurses , how 'bout that? caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandy stripers
Old 04-14-2004, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Rockin attend every DCKK?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:35 AM

I don't have a CF hood, but I do have a MY00 RS w/ the side vents and hood scoop completely open. The engine bay gets dirtier, but not by much. When it rains, I still leave them open and have never had an issue.

Quick Reply: Questions for those with VIS ,Seibon , CW carbon hoods with vents...