Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Looking for the best in car DVD navigation system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 07:27 PM

Car Info: 87 944 Turbo Porsche -
ALPINE!!!!NOTHING ELSE TRUST ME .
Look at all the pioneers, and the others from a side view then look at the alpine...you can ise it just as clear as if you were right in front. and just basc quilty is the best when it comes to alpine...
Old 05-27-2003, 05:31 PM

alpine is pretty damn nice stuff...don't judge it on the screen though

kenwood you get touchscreen, which is VERY convienient and easy to input destinations. The alpine can be a bit tough especially while moving becuase your bouncing and the controls are small and you have to keep you eyes on the road all the while

pioneer has a nice voice input feature where you can just talk to it(and I think touchscreen compatibility as well). Its cheaper than alpine and kenwood, and also has a nice piont of interest database that lets you find the nearest gas station...etc

clarion sucks...just too damned expensive

Those are my opinions anyways, I like the pioneer the best
Old 05-27-2003, 08:47 PM

Car Info: WRB WRX
I have the newest pioneer in dash monitor with dvd. I forget exactly what number it is. Its touchscreen and you can view it from any angle and its the same just like the alpine. Picture clarity compare to the others ,and the fact that it has a am/fm tuner is why i chose it over the others.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:50 PM

ive read the specs for all of them, but I've only tried out the pioneer and alpine...kenwood's feature for touchscreen just seems cool though. MACH...do you know if any touchscreen is compatible with the pioneer system?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:13 AM

Yes it is. Pretty smooth too. Works awesome. The Face of the unit is also detachable. Not the actual flip out monitor , but the bottom half of the radio. So its useless if someone steals it without the face. The only thing that i hate about it is that the controller it comes with is too damn complicated. So many buttons that you have to look at it to find the button your looking for. Kinda of a problem when your trying to keep your eyes on the road.

Anthony
Old 05-28-2003, 09:00 PM

The one that i have and am talking about is the Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD
Old 05-28-2003, 10:55 PM

alpine has great visual features in its screen, being the best in the industry as of now. the new pioneer unit has voice features as mentioned above. Its also touchscreen and is available in either the 6.5 and 7 inch models. There is a signifigant diffrent in quality between the two. Being that I've installed and used all the navigations including kenwood and eclipse, i'de go with either the pioneer or alpine. go with either of those and you'll be happy
Old 06-23-2003, 10:13 PM

damn, sorry im late. I own the pioneer avhp7490, which is the 7 inch widescreen model with 5.1 surround. I have the iva-d900 alpine monitor on display at my store. i'll put it this way, the alpine is a better deck but the pioneer has a better picture.