Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

I cant get her shiny enough!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
I say go with the fine grade, which is the ones you'll get either from me or from your local stores (yellow/blue). This way you don't have to worry about messing things up or over cutting things. However, you might have to work a bit harder to finish the car. It's always better to not cut enough than over cut.

You are very welcome and I am glad that good words are going around about me. I'll be around and just let me know when you are ready to order. BTW, I just setup a 10% off for i-club member (promo code i-club)!

Leo

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
What kind of clay should i use based on the fact i have never clay bared my car before?

I really appreciate the tips Leo. I will probably have some business to throw your way this christmas as well. I have heard many awesome things you have done for peoples cars.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 03wrx
the best way to get the "shine" back is to buff it, but most ppl don't trust themselves with it cause if they cut through the clearcoat you have to get the car refinished.. also i dont recommend getting a bra, after awhile if you ever take it off, the front of the car will be a darker color as the rest of the body's color will fade from the sun.
the only suggestion i can give you to your "starry night" problem would be if you ever decide to do a complete paint job.. use a flex additive in the primmer and then a flex additive in the clear coat.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
1st off dump the turtle wax and buy some good products.

http://www.autopia.org/ <---for all your detailing info
Old 08-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 2006 350Z
If you really want a great shine and finish, it is time to invest in a professional detail or get ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work. The basic process should include a good wash, clay, 1-3 stage polish, and quality wax. You can also throw in a glaze and sealant, if your car is relatively new and in good shape you should be able to skip the glaze.

Use a two bucket wash system, the first bucket will be filled with your favorite soap and water combo, I really like the Wash and Clear. Use the second bucket for your rinse water to avoid cleaning your wash mitt in the same bucket you use for your suds. After you wash, grab your quick detailer and clay and get ready to be amazed at all the stuff you didn't see on your paint before. The Clay Magic works well and is a better value than the itsy bitsy clay you get from Mothers and Meguiars. Follow up with another quick rinse and get ready to start polishing.

If you have really deep scratches you can start off with a heavy polish like Menzerna Power Gloss and follow it up with Ceramic Clearcoat Polish to take care of any hazing left behind. Those two should remove the vast majority of your defects and swirls. Use an orange pad with the heavy polish and a white pad for the medium to light polish.

Waxes are really preferential. Carnauba waxes give you a lot of depth and warmth, bringing out the natural shine and pearl of most paints. Liquid waxes tend to look wetter and more artificial, but a lot of people actually prefer it when shown the two options side by side. Meguiars NXT 2.0 is a decent wax that is easy to apply and remove. I prefer investing in a decent wax such as P21S Carnauba Wax, which is not as expensive as Pinnacle Souveran but still offers close to the great results.

Quality products are an investment, but for the cost of a professional wax you can prepare yourself for a couple years worth of detailing at home.